End of Days in 2012?

Why worry? There is only 2 things to worry about. If you are well or sick. If you are well there is nothing to worry about. If you are sick there is only 2 things to worry about, if you live or die. If you live there is nothing to worry about. If you die there is only 2 things to worry about, if you go to heaven or hell. If you go to heaven there is nothing to worry about and if you go to hell you will be too busy shaking hands with old friends to worry. So why worry?

Nothing wrong with having lots of 22LR on hand. Seriously a 22LR rifle would probably be the most useful gun in a scenario when order is gone. Also if your guns are the same caliber and one breaks the ammo will still be good in the other gun. I lived in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia for 30 years. Politics aside the state is known for earthquakes and to have some supplies on hand was prudent. The list of social calimities is endless, but I do think that having extra food and supplies saved up isnt a bad idea at all. The grocery stores are full of non-perishable foods which would be easy to stock up on, and if you are lucky enough to have a secure source of drinking water you could do very nicely. Of course there is a list of things. Food,water,shelter,protection(guns and ammo),medications,among many things. Dont forget the coffee and tobacco!

I was watching Tv, of course it was for end of days December 2012, it got me to thinking, "what do I have to be prepared, just in case?" I got a quick ammo check, and sadly realize, the only ammunition I have any abundance of is .22 ammo. My 40 cal is dangerously low, my 9mm is even lower and my .380 not even worth mentioning.
Thankfully my years in the army have me prepared with gear such as ruck sacks, cold weather gear, containers to hold water and keep it on myself and my wife. My year and a half or so as an LEO (of sorts) has me prepared to keep weapons and ammo on my duty belt.
However, food supplies are that of an unconcerned person, nothing is stock piled, then again I wouldn't dream of holding up inside my home, or Flint City for that matter.
So my question is, are you prepared? If so, in what ways? What do you have incase ***** happens?

If it is truly the "End of Days", A Bible or the book of your religion might be something to add to you BOB.

I've heard they discovered an ancient
Mayan text that says the end of the world in 2012 is actually a global bacon shortage.

The resulting mass hysteria is what ends the world.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

My family and I have been "prepping" for over a decade now. I can tell you this much: survival is not about stockpiling enough to "ride out the storm". True survival is storing up enough supplies to help you transition from everyday life back to the days of a pre-technology era. No one can store up enough food and supplies to survive for years. They will 1) become a target 2)run out 3) food/supplies will go bad and/or a host of other variables. To truly survive is to live every day in a "normal" sense as folks did in the 1800s. Take the Amish, for example- they are the ultimate survivalists. Could we go from the way we live today to the way the Amish live, overnight? It takes a lot of learning and preparing to do it, hence the "transition" period. Don't fret and stress yourself out about trying to gather supplies, food and ammo. Just set aside a few months' worth of goods to help you during that transition period. That's when your post-collapse life really begins- living by your every-day work, instead of out of a cache. Just my .02, for what it's worth. :p

And by the way- the "end of the age" day on the Mayan calendar has already passed. It was actually December 24, 2011. We're still here, and nothing that isn't man-made is going to happen on December 21 of this year. Total fear mongering tactic. Everything has been changed for the sole purpose of marketing one thing- fear. Fear sells, and it's costly. Take a look at this old clip by the "In Search Of..." show, hosted by Leonard Nimoy in the 70s and 80s...

My family and I have been "prepping" for over a decade now. I can tell you this much: survival is not about stockpiling enough to "ride out the storm". True survival is storing up enough supplies to help you transition from everyday life back to the days of a pre-technology era. No one can store up enough food and supplies to survive for years. They will 1) become a target 2)run out 3) food/supplies will go bad and/or a host of other variables. To truly survive is to live every day in a "normal" sense as folks did in the 1800s. Take the Amish, for example- they are the ultimate survivalists. Could we go from the way we live today to the way the Amish live, overnight? It takes a lot of learning and preparing to do it, hence the "transition" period. Don't fret and stress yourself out about trying to gather supplies, food and ammo. Just set aside a few months' worth of goods to help you during that transition period. That's when your post-collapse life really begins- living by your every-day work, instead of out of a cache. Just my .02, for what it's worth. :p

Oh crap. It's my childhood. Back in the Montana wilderness. Camping out every day. Yippee.

I don't know about the end of days. I am certainly ready for something significant.

When I was working construction I got sick at the start of the season and was unable to work for months. The cupboard got a little bare before I was able to go back to work. I would guess that many of those that lost their jobs in this economy wish they had more food set aside. Our grocery stores carry a longer supply than most because our airport gets shut down a hand full of times per year due to weather. When they grounded all airplanes after 9/11 there were more than a couple items that were unavailable.

The cost of clothing and food is going up. Anything you buy today costs less than a year from now. Sure beats the interest the bank offers.

My ammo, dry goods,and food I tend to buy in bulk as it costs less. I don't buy any more than I will use before it goes bad and I don't buy anything I don't normally use.

Where I live it take a 400 mile airplane ride to get to a Costco or Target or any place that does not charge four or five prices. It pays to shop ahead. It is -10F today so we are stocking up on perishables today so we don't have to go out if the forecast is right and it gets cold again.

Am I ready for Dec. 2012? Not as ready as I wish I were. Then again I am more worried about what might happen in Nov. 2012. EMP, terrorist attack, bird flu, earthquake, or any of a dozen other disasters I am ready for. Not because I am so worried about them but because I have had my own personal disasters in the past. The preparation is the same. Some of my friends roll their eyes at my storage, others have more than I do. I even had one tell me that he didn't need to store up anything as he would just come and take mine.

Psssst!:dirol: Hey Mayan man.... I got some real nice merchandise here, man. Look Mayan man I can tell you know quality calanders when you see them... So I'll sell them to you at below my cost... Just for you.... Don't tell no one else or the deal is off! :jester:

What's with the negative waves? Come on people!

Look, if the mainstream is going to promote December 21st as the "End of the World",... then I'm going public and boldly declare December 22, 2012 as the "Beginning of the New World!" YEAH!

Now, see how much money I just saved everyone?
Rats! I hope Obama doesn't try to take credit for this idea! I had better delete this post right away.

What's with the negative waves? Come on people!

Look, if the mainstream is going to promote December 21st as the "End of the World",... then I'm going public and boldly declare December 22, 2012 as the "Beginning of the New World!" YEAH!

Now, see how much money I just saved everyone?
Rats! I hope Obama doesn't try to take credit for this idea! I had better delete this post right away.

If the world does end in 2012 obama will say it was Bushes fault.

Slightly incorrect on the food storage. I know people with 2+ years of food storage. And I have stuff in my basement with a 30 year shelf life.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Early every spring, the Maya kings and queens would publicly puncture their genitalia with sting ray barbs and shark teeth to ensure a good maise harvest.

My Allstate calendar has Jan. 2013. I'll go with it.

I was watching Tv, of course it was for end of days December 2012, it got me to thinking, "what do I have to be prepared, just in case?" I got a quick ammo check, and sadly realize, the only ammunition I have any abundance of is .22 ammo. My 40 cal is dangerously low, my 9mm is even lower and my .380 not even worth mentioning.
Thankfully my years in the army have me prepared with gear such as ruck sacks, cold weather gear, containers to hold water and keep it on myself and my wife. My year and a half or so as an LEO (of sorts) has me prepared to keep weapons and ammo on my duty belt.
However, food supplies are that of an unconcerned person, nothing is stock piled, then again I wouldn't dream of holding up inside my home, or Flint City for that matter.
So my question is, are you prepared? If so, in what ways? What do you have incase ***** happens?

Well, I don't think the world is gonna come to an end, but the threat of martial law is very real. As far as ammo/guns is concerned, and just generally avoiding the "authorities"...

Think about it this way. Chances are very good that you won't be able to transpoort more than a few magazines of ammo at any given time, or "hole up" in a fixed position. My tack is that you maintain a couple of bandoliers of full magazines that are easy to grab in an emergency. That makes all the rest of your ammo "practice" rounds, and you simply maintain enough of a supply for practice. Chances are very good that you'll be able to find more ammo "in the wild", especially if you choose a popular cartrdige, like 5.56 or .45 ACP.

I keep 16 30-round mags for my ARs, and 14 7-round mags for my 1911s always loaded and ready to grab, and all of the guns in my safe are in Condition 1. I figure my wife and I can easily lug that much ammo around if we have to displace, and there are a couple of prepared nearby stash locations we can store ammo/food in on the way out so we don't have to go home to re-supply.

Our escape route is northwest, and we don't have to traverse heavily populated areas (or even cross any major freeways) on our way out of town. I think we're positioned pretty well.

Slightly incorrect on the food storage. I know people with 2+ years of food storage. And I have stuff in my basement with a 30 year shelf life.

We're one of those people. But we aren't counting on those supplies for survival. They are for trade, barter, aid to those without, neighbors, etc. We are regular customers of Honeyville Foods :: Food Storage & Bakery Supplies and Link Removed - both sites are prime resources for "survivalists", both offering long-term shelf life dehydrated and freeze-dried foods.

Survival is a mindset, not a "how much do I have saved up" thing. It's what you **know**, not what you **have**.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back