Encounter while driving a shuttle bus.

PaulIcemanMc

I have had my permit since the inception of the law in Ohio in 2004 and always wondered how it would go with an LEO encounter. Well, this June in Akron, Oh it happened while driving a shuttle from a private club to the Akron U. campus for a convention.
I was chatting with one of the passengers while driving and in the dark about 9:30pm missed a stop sign partially covered by a bush. Of course it did not help that I was trying to be a tour guide pointing out points of interest. Well, as soon as I blew by the sign the blue lights came on behind me. Busted!! When the officer walked up to the door and asked for my license I immeditately told him that I had my ccw and was armed with my .45 (my favorite Kimber Ultra Carry II). Upon which I asked him what he would have me do. He said "Nothing" then proceeded back to the cruiser.
Then, I noticed two bicycle police, and two more cruisers show up. Now I'm thinking this is going to get ugly! But, I am also thinking the least that will happen is I will get a ticket for running the sign.
Well the passengers are all from Chicago, Il and start asking me "what is a CCW?" I explain to them and they say they have never heard of such a thing.
After about 20 minutes the officer comes back and hands me my license and permit and says "Thank you Mr. XXX and have a good evening."
What a pleasant surprise and experiance. May be my Vietnam Vet ballcap and my repectful attitude helped.

Be prepared and shoot straight!!
The Iceman, Akron, Ohio

Well the passengers are all from Chicago, Il and start asking me "what is a CCW?" I explain to them and they say they have never heard of such a thing.

Be prepared and shoot straight!!
The Iceman, Akron, Ohio

No surprise there. Chicago and Tokyo, people almost never see a gun thanks to draconian laws.

LEO Encounter

Sounds like your experience was positive. I would have been curious why the extra calvarly showed up though.:confused:

Wonder if any of them folks from Chi town went back and told their kin to never go to OH as them people down there carry GUNS! Glad the LEOs worked well with ya.

Drove a Limo armed alot. Was hopping to get sir elton john to go for a ride but he cancelled. Sore throat imagine that

I have never been stoped, but I would think you can never tell how it will go! But I am glad yours went well.:)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back