emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts?

who needs a handgun more for their profession?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
doing something like that doesnt do anything for anybody. I never asked for a discount from anyone. guns stores resteraunts etc. But to throw a fit over 5 or 10% off any product is a waste of your time and effort. furtermore smith and wesson is listed under the Va civil defence leage as being antigun Link Removed so i particularly dont plan on buying any of their products. Sueing for an indiscrepency in a policy will result in nothing more than them wipeing out the policy entirely, just because one person got offended his/her occupation wasnt on their list. did they not teach you team work in the marines. i know they didnt teach you to look out for just your own hide.

this whole thing didnt start over a discount as far as im concerned, it started over someone looking down their nose at regular old EMT's and volunteer friefighter as if they were not good enough to be on the list of people who qualify for law enforcement discount

regular emts are not in the law enforcement field............ thats what the title said..............when i said just reg emt i meant it..........i meant it in the sense of" how is this even close to a military leo discount!
other jobs put there lifes in so called danger.....just like the emt's who show up at golden coral to help out and old man who swallowed too big a piece of chicken ..cross walk cops...meter maids....code enforcement........dod contractors....
And school bus drivers...teachers.........etc.........are just as important as regular emts. but are pistols tools of there trades?
is a pistol something that i ( active instructor) would use for my income more than the regular ole emt? i think so.. seems to me that you..(the dog box mossy oak 4x4 redneck wannabee's emt's who cannot even legally speed to get to a scene are the ones who took this the wrong way............ )

and you guys act like emt's are fighting in iraq or something.....

the discount is 399$ regular 519$ pretty big difference.....

............ an active NRA law enforcement......Nc concealed pistol instr.has more need with a handgun for his trade than any regular emt does... i think if we took a nationwide poll more people would agree with my point...and not to mention no one is giving buds gun shop any of this blame....even when smith and wesson told me they did not or do not include emts in..there discount policy under leos/military.....................thats the way i feel.............i need the discont more for my income.........i do respect the emt field very much so......but seems to me i am getting no respect here for helping teach law abiding citizens one of there rights........the right to carry and the laws governing concealed handguns..........................end of discussion!

I am an Emergency Medical Technician-B, Level I Firefighter, National Ski Patroller, Outdoor Emergency Care Technician and Search & Rescue Technican III. I have carried concealed for 30+ years, 24/7/365, I have CCWs in several states and live in Vermont where I don't need a permit.

Because we wear uniforms and work closely with law enforcement personnel, emergency responders are regular targets in every sense of the word to all manner of criminals, terrorists, and mentally unstable people. We put our lives on the line every day and we have just as much right to come home to our families from work at the end of the day as any other law abiding citizen. The rate of attacks (with resultant injuries) on emergency responders is extremely high. Almost all of us will be attacked at some point in our careers.

We put hundreds of hours of training (much of it unpaid) into getting our initial certifications, and hundreds more hours annually to stay certified. We often arrive at unstable scenes well before the police are even called. Smith & Wesson is absolutely right to give emergency responders a discount and they should be applauded for it.

I am an Emergency Medical Technician-B, Level I Firefighter, National Ski Patroller, Outdoor Emergency Care Technician and Search & Rescue Technican III. I have carried concealed for 30+ years, 24/7/365, I have CCWs in several states and live in Vermont where I don't need a permit.

Because we wear uniforms and work closely with law enforcement personnel, emergency responders are regular targets in every sense of the word to all manner of criminals, terrorists, and mentally unstable people. We put our lives on the line every day and we have just as much right to come home to our families from work at the end of the day as any other law abiding citizen. The rate of attacks (with resultant injuries) on emergency responders is extremely high. Almost all of us will be attacked at some point in our careers.

We put hundreds of hours of training (much of it unpaid) into getting our initial certifications, and hundreds more hours annually to stay certified. We often arrive at unstable scenes well before the police are even called. Smith & Wesson is absolutely right to give emergency responders a discount and they should be applauded for it.

Even though smith and wesson doen not recognize the said named above professions?
wow! :cray:

smith and wesson didnt say it.............buds gun shop is saying it........smith and wesson does not recognize emt in the military leo field.........

in addition to the above statement i would have to believe we were added because at some point in time in everybodys life they will have a need for a firefighter or emt, weather they have a car wreck or a heart attack. no one is gonna dail 911 for a nra ccw instructor. the policy maker may have added that one because he himself could be a firefighter/emt. since most of us have 2 sometimes 3 jobs because we have so much time off working 24 hour shifts and all. i personally have 2 and my own buisness and i extend roughly a family discount to all my brothren.

i just would like to make one thing clear as well. at no point or time throught this tread has any firefighter or emt or any combination thereof made the statement that our profession has more need to be armed than anyone elses. I was just trying to clarify the reason why so many different buisnesses give us discounts on their products across this nation. when somethin happens and people dont know what to do they dial 911 for someone to come make it go away. when they do that law enforcement and or fire and ems show up and attempt to improve the situation, no questions asked they call we respond. there is no bill handed out to them, no thank you requirred. No matter how careful you are in life sooner or later everyone will need our services in one way or another. these buisnesses who extend us discounts have either been touched by our compasion for our fellow man or know deep down that some day they will be. anyone who gets all the training mentioned in i believe post #9 be they career or volunteer should not be looked down upon as regular emt/firefighter or just plain ambulance drivers cause you dont have any clue what they actually do in the grand scheme of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with ANY 1st responder getting a discount from Glock, Inc. or whoever.... If you are certified LEO, paramedic/EMT or firefighter, you deserve the discount. Period! First responders have thankless jobs and deserve any credit that comes their way.

Gunther37 enough is enough stop acting like a little baby and just deal with the fact that companys have every right to give discounts to who ever they see fit. Are you really starting to give your self a bad name. All of the points you are trying to make are falling on deaf ears. At no time has any Emt or fire fighter on this forum said they have every right to a discount and should get one.None have asked for such a thing. The only one crying about not getting a discount when they think they should is you. You get paided to teach people. Emts/Vol fire get nothing for putting their lives on the line everyday so that others may live. This is buds way of saying thanks for doing what you do. With all of your said back ground you would think you would be alittle more grown up.

in addition to the above statement i would have to believe we were added because at some point in time in everybodys life they will have a need for a firefighter or emt, weather they have a car wreck or a heart attack. no one is gonna dail 911 for a nra ccw instructor. the policy maker may have added that one because he himself could be a firefighter/emt. since most of us have 2 sometimes 3 jobs because we have so much time off working 24 hour shifts and all. i personally have 2 and my own buisness and i extend roughly a family discount to all my brothren.

i dont care how he felt when he added the extra titles..........if smith and wesson says they do not include emt's in there discount.......then buds has no right to add to smith and wesson's policy............

every one needs to get off my back and contact smith and wesson.

anyways..........i understand what you are saying.......yeah yeah yoUr emt job is so hard yo get shot at every night and still do the job for free.....you shold join the marines.atleast you would get paid.

but still................MY WHOLE POINT IS>>>>>>>>>>>>> HOW DOES EMT FALL UNDER LAW ENFORCEMENT DISCOUNTS?

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont care how he felt when he added the extra titles..........if smith and wesson says they do not include emt's in there discount.......then buds has no right to add to smith and wesson's policy............

every one needs to get off my back and contact smith and wesson.

I just wonder what R. Lee Ermey would think of all your whining about you not getting a discount. maybe you should call and ask him i think he works for Glock now

Gunther37 enough is enough stop acting like a little baby and just deal with the fact that companys have every right to give discounts to who ever they see fit. Are you really starting to give your self a bad name. All of the points you are trying to make are falling on deaf ears. At no time has any Emt or fire fighter on this forum said they have every right to a discount and should get one.None have asked for such a thing. The only one crying about not getting a discount when they think they should is you. You get paided to teach people. Emts/Vol fire get nothing for putting their lives on the line everyday so that others may live. This is buds way of saying thanks for doing what you do. With all of your said back ground you would think you would be alittle more grown up.

I dont know ........maybe you are reading every other post on here.

but still.........where does it say on the smith and wesson website, you can check and you will not find it. where does it say emt and fire fighters are part of the leo/military discount?

it doesn't. buds violate tweaked addlibbed smith and wesson policy and then lied to me saying emt's/etc are under smith and wesson's policy........

so in a nut shell...........some one is saying that emt's deserve it!

and heres one thing i would like to clear up.............not every single day does a emt vounteer put there life in dange....quit playing that stupid card!

I just wonder what R. Lee Ermey would think of all your whining about you not getting a discount. maybe you should call and ask him i think he works for Glock now

lee Who? the real marines no that guy was and is a wussy!

Glock gives me a discount for teaching the military marksmanship as a dod contractor.

but im focused on buds gun shop right now thanks.

nice ending moron.

anyways..........i understand what you are saying.......yeah yeah yoUr emt job is so hard yo get shot at every night and still do the job for free.....you shold join the marines.atleast you would get paid.

but still................MY WHOLE POINT IS>>>>>>>>>>>>> HOW DOES EMT FALL UNDER LAW ENFORCEMENT DISCOUNTS?

it does'nt they list one icon for their discount page and it happens to be titled law enforcement which would be their largest group of discounted buyers. when you click on it you get all the others who they also are willing to extend the same offer to. instead of having 10 to 15 different icons for the same discount. :biggrin:

it does'nt they list one icon for their discount page and it happens to be titled law enforcement which would be their largest group of discounted buyers. when you click on it you get all the others who they also are willing to extend the same offer to. instead of having 10 to 15 different icons for the same discount. :biggrin:

Since when does emt go to blet or the police academy?

and still........i am getting tired of saying it......you guys keep blocking it out.....Smith and wesson told me they do not give discounts to emt.........they told me this personally...........however buds is saying that smith and wesson put emt on the list........... and smith did no such thing

are we finally understanding?

I'd listen to R. Lee Ermey and buy a "Glock" :wink: As I said earlier, if you're not getting what you want from the S &W Policy or the "Bud's Gun Shop" policy, then go buy another brand of gun and buy it from someone else. Store owners are given guidelines by the manufacturers as to who they're able to give discounts to and what the minimum sale price for a gun can be. If they choose to offer a discount to a specific group then so be it. If you're not part of that group and want the discount, then go figure a way to become a member of the group.

On a side note, I just got the NRA Instructor news mailer today. They have SUBSTANTIAL discounts on "AimPoint", "Crimson Trace" and "Black Hawk" gear for NRA Certified Instructors. These discounts are only offered to NRA Certified Instructors, not LEO, Military, EMT, Fire Fighters, etc. Don't hear them complaining do ya? If you like the stuff produced by any of the companies that I mentioned, then go buy the stuff, take advantage of the "excellent" discount, buy your S&W firearm from some other retailer and call it even.

Calling someone a "moron" on an open forum is very unbecoming of a NRA Instructor and I believe against the rules of this forum.

Now go spend some money and stimulate our economy! :biggrin:

gf

nice ending moron.

I do get paid for it. quite well actually and i enjoy helping my fellow man or women so much that i volunteer in the county in which i live being that they trained me to be what i am and sponsored me through all the schools so i could land such a sweet job that allows me to have 20 to 21 days a month off to either work additional jobs, go hunting and fishing, spend time with my wife and children, pay for my shooting habits and my toys that i purchased without a discount with the exception of one.

Since when does emt go to blet or the police academy?

and still........i am getting tired of saying it......you guys keep blocking it out.....Smith and wesson told me they do not give discounts to emt.........they told me this personally...........however buds is saying that smith and wesson put emt on the list........... and smith did no such thing

are we finally understanding?

Ever heard of a swat medic. every swat team generally has one. and they do have to go through the police academy. they have to meet all the police traiing as well as keep up on their medic training

I'd listen to R. Lee Ermey and buy a "Glock" :wink: As I said earlier, if you're not getting what you want from the S &W Policy or the "Bud's Gun Shop" policy, then go buy another brand of gun and buy it from someone else. Store owners are given guidelines by the manufacturers as to who they're able to give discounts to and what the minimum sale price for a gun can be. If they choose to offer a discount to a specific group then so be it. If you're not part of that group and want the discount, then go figure a way to become a member of the group.

On a side note, I just got the NRA Instructor news mailer today. They have SUBSTANTIAL discounts on "AimPoint", "Crimson Trace" and "Black Hawk" gear for NRA Certified Instructors. These discounts are only offered to NRA Certified Instructors, not LEO, Military, EMT, Fire Fighters, etc. Don't hear them complaining do ya? If you like the stuff produced by any of the companies that I mentioned, then go buy the stuff, take advantage of the "excellent" discount, buy your S&W firearm from some other retailer and call it even.

Calling someone a "moron" on an open forum is very unbecoming of a NRA Instructor and I believe against the rules of this forum.

Now go spend some money and stimulate our economy! :biggrin:

gf

but its ok to call me an idiot?

Ever heard of a swat medic. every swat team generally has one. and they do have to go through the police academy. they have to meet all the police traiing as well as keep up on their medic training

regular emt's dude! quit trying to justify the medcal field.

regular emt's and volunteer fire fighters are the topic.........and besides what do you call a corpsman that is seal qualified? how about a seal...............just elaborating on your swat medic who would fall under the leo discount anyways.

talking about the mossy oak volunteer dog box in the back of the truck in the middle of the woods in easter nc emt's ......putting there lives in danger every day by mudbogging...........:cray: and getting a discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back