emt and volunteer fire fighters getting discounts?

who needs a handgun more for their profession?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 NIGHTS A WEEK FOR EMT.

i think ill sign up just for the discount........did enough medical training in the military that i wouldnt struggle......

peace out!

I was previously a volunteer firefighter and EMT. I never got a discount on any firearms or accessories (maybe it's a NJ thing). The only discounts I ever remember getting were a few local eating places would give some kind of discount or special, and one electronics place (now out of business) that gave 10% off with ID. The only other thing I remember was that firefighters and EMT's got free admission to NRA conventions (though I never went to one).

Here in NJ, EMT's and firefighters are not authorized to carry weapons (carry permits are only issued to armed security and retired police). Therefore, I do not see a need to extend a discount on firearms or accessories to FF's or EMT's. However, I do not object at all to any company or retailer that does. I would even take advantage of such discounts myself, if I were still a volunteer.

That being said, I think that there should be a discount extended to active instructors. By active, I mean instructors that actively teach, not just tose who took the instructor's course for a vanity title. There should especially be a discount for items used in classes.

so in other words...............buds gun shop should take off the title of there advertisement...............
Law enforcement and military discounts.......... since neither of us ( nc concealed instr. emt and firefighter) QUALIFY.

do we all agree on that?

I havnt looked at what their ad says. me personally i would attempt to get our professions added instead of taking it away. if you really buy a lot of firearms per year then look into getting an FFL then you get dealer pricing and can sell some to your students, friends and so on and put a little change in your pocket from time to time. and you can extend a discount to whomever you want to from that point..

2 NIGHTS A WEEK FOR EMT.

i think ill sign up just for the discount........did enough medical training in the military that i wouldnt struggle......

peace out!

See how that worked. just like someone in another tread said how their goal is to turn 10 anti gun peope per year into pro gun people. we just convinced an war dog into becoming a medic, who knows you might enjoy it and turn it into a second career:pleasantry:

I fail to see what knowing the law better has to do with getting a discount on a new firearm? As it has nothing to do with buying it or them applying the discount. The whole point of the discount is to give back to people who have given so much to the country/their towns. You can see it in my town Vol fire/EMTs get a 10% discount at alot of stores on just about any thing.

You must be kidding me. Just because you are a NRA Instructor you want a discount. Hell I am sure that you get paid to teach the people that you have in your class as opposed to the other people that you talk about who do volly work and put their BUTT on the line for their communitys. I am a LIFE MEMBER of the N.R.A. and think that your opinion suck's.

I am also a NRA certified Weapons Instructor for Police and anyone else that want's to learn. I can teach any type of weapon up to and including a M-2 .50 Cal. Machinegun. After 25 year's in law enforcement I still have never looked or asked for a discount and won't.
Bill

Hmm I am not sure where my views fit into all of this. I have been a volunteer EMT for 5 years now, worked in the medical field for over 22+ years, hospice actually. I was at a fire/rescue squad in VA that the asst. chief was also a police officer, some of the other volunteers were every day Joe's who enjoyed fire arms. The only time I had a problem was when one of them was carrying on a call, maybe it was because I didn't trust them on a fire call to cover my back, I certainly didn't want them carrying to a call in the middle of the night. For me personally, and this is my own humble opinion, I am there to comfort, help, patch up, etc. a person, I don't need someone getting panicky on me or realizing my partner has a gun and then all hell breaks loose and who knows what may happen then. I have also been on calls where someone said something snarky to the patient and my daughter, who was also my partner and an EMT, almost got belted in the face for what was said by a very drunk man we had finally gotten calmed down.

Hope this makes sense. Not saying that it is a bad thing we are all armed, but again, I have seen more hot dog and big ego driven fire fighters and EMT's that I prefer we DO NOT carry on a scene.

I fail to see what knowing the law better has to do with getting a discount on a new firearm? As it has nothing to do with buying it or them applying the discount. The whole point of the discount is to give back to people who have given so much to the country/their towns. You can see it in my town Vol fire/EMTs get a 10% discount at alot of stores on just about any thing.

+1 .... I certainly respect your ability to "instruct". I definitely RESPECT your 15 years in the Corp and the values that I'm sure they instilled in you and that you live by today. Once a Marine ALWAYS a Marine. I do wonder why you went to 15 and did not finish your 20? That's just a personal thought and does NOT require an answer from you nor expected. I think your choice to take an EMT course is a smooth move. Might even want to consider Marine Corp Reserves to get your ID Card and qualifty for the discount as well as pursue retirement opportunities. There are many twists and turns in your initial question as to WHY those in uniform and public service receive the discounts and not those in your profession. These twists and turns have been voiced and commented on adequately by others on here. BOTTOM LINE....I don't think firearms instructors, without the other qualifications, should get the discount. JMHO

I look at this like someone going into some fancy restaurant and telling management that they should get a senior citizen's discount because Shoney's gives one. Discounts are for whoever the company wants to give them to. If you want to ask S&W to include instructors and give your reasons fine but they don't have to and there is nothing immoral, indecent or illegal about it. If a Jewish bakery wants to give Rabbis a discount but not Catholic Preists that is their right.

once again!

Buds guns shop says military and leo discounts!

It does not say medical dicounts. my whole purpose of this whole post is ...........if they are going to include another profession( example emt, volunteers) why arent other fields included like..........active instructors?

I understand how important the medical field is.................i would not have posted this blog if buds gun shops add would have said........military leo and medical discounts including emt volunteers.........

do you guys understand?

thanks........

p..s also under buds advertisements it also says commercial pilots........this is another field that doesnt fal under military or leo.......i guess they put there lifes on the line every day to huh?

You must be kidding me. Just because you are a NRA Instructor you want a discount. Hell I am sure that you get paid to teach the people that you have in your class as opposed to the other people that you talk about who do volly work and put their BUTT on the line for their communitys. I am a LIFE MEMBER of the N.R.A. and think that your opinion suck's.

I am also a NRA certified Weapons Instructor for Police and anyone else that want's to learn. I can teach any type of weapon up to and including a M-2 .50 Cal. Machinegun. After 25 year's in law enforcement I still have never looked or asked for a discount and won't.
Bill

nra law enforcement here to bud................. carried the barret...50 cal myself.....

my whole point is............how does emt fall under military and leo discounts?.. ................i just felt that if the company was going to advertise military and leo discounts it should stay in that field.....

if emt is honored why not a person who has hands on experience every day?

thanks for yor comment...........

nra law enforcement here to bud................. carried the barret...50 cal myself.....

my whole point is............how does emt fall under military and leo discounts?.. ................i just felt that if the company was going to advertise military and leo discounts it should stay in that field.....

if emt is honored why not a person who has hands on experience every day?

thanks for yor comment...........

question which buds gun supply are we talking about Link Removed ??? if thats who we are talking about their policy states " law enforcement officers, active duty and retired military personel, national guard and military reserve personel, firemen, security and many other qualifying customers... EMT is not even listed in there allthough it can be assumed it would fall under firemen.

They are exhibiting the same policy as many of their competitors which offers discounts to law enforcement , the military who go the world over to keep our country safe, and our nations first responders who risk their rears to save yours armed with nothing more than medical supplies and or tools and hoses. oh yes we are allowed to carry auto opening knives as a means of defense.

Should you not yet believe our job is of high risk then check this link out

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
once again!

Buds guns shop says military and leo discounts!

It does not say medical dicounts. my whole purpose of this whole post is ...........if they are going to include another profession( example emt, volunteers) why arent other fields included like..........active instructors?

I understand how important the medical field is.................i would not have posted this blog if buds gun shops add would have said........military leo and medical discounts including emt volunteers.........

do you guys understand?

thanks........

p..s also under buds advertisements it also says commercial pilots........this is another field that doesnt fal under military or leo.......i guess they put there lifes on the line every day to huh?

Federal Flight Deck Officer Program

well for that matter why cant stay at home dads get the discount to.? I got a e-mail a week ago from the Leo/mil department of budsgunshop ( not sure why as I'm not leo/mil/fire and any other) i can only think that it gets sent to you when you get the news letter. But any way it does say EMT in the News letter. I will call them tomorrow and ask them about the problem you are having and iinvite them to join in on this topic.

This is a very hard one to judge... I guess it is up to the gun store owner decide who he gives and does not give a discount to. I do not see why emt or volunteer firefighter would get discount and not members of the military even if it was prior service. I think that gun stores should give discounts to those who are nra members and to any group that does training to citizens that would like to conceal carry. By giving these groups a discount they will recomend other people to purchase from that store. Passing along a discount even 5% will be appreciated by the customers in these rough economic times. Keep clients happy and coming back...thats my take on it..

question which buds gun supply are we talking about www.budsgunsupply.com ??? if thats who we are talking about their policy states " law enforcement officers, active duty and retired military personel, national guard and military reserve personel, firemen, security and many other qualifying customers... EMT is not even listed in there allthough it can be assumed it would fall under firemen.

They are exhibiting the same policy as many of their competitors which offers discounts to law enforcement , the military who go the world over to keep our country safe, and our nations first responders who risk their rears to save yours armed with nothing more than medical supplies and or tools and hoses. oh yes we are allowed to carry auto opening knives as a means of defense.

Should you not yet believe our job is of high risk then check this link out

Link Removed

commercial pilots is not federal. and it does say emt and fire fighters volunteer. i never said you didnt put your life on the line( dog cage in back with mossy oak paint job ) around here anyways........

and your still missing my point........the link says leo and military..............it should mean just that.......not who they feel..........besides they sent me an e-mail saying that smith and wesson is the one that said nra and nc conceald pistol instructor was not covered in smith and wesson's discount plan which buds gun shop..said smith and wesson's company told buds gun shop............

the funny thing is i contacted smith and wesson personally by e-mail..........and they said they do not honor emt/ or fire fighters.under there ( smith and wesson themselves)........ militsry and leo discounts..

so i should spill the beans on buds to smith and wesson........what do you think?

commercial pilots is not federal. and it does say emt and fire fighters volunteer. i never said you didnt put your life on the line( dog cage in back with mossy oak paint job ) around here anyways........

and your still missing my point........the link says leo and military..............it should mean just that.......not who they feel..........besides they sent me an e-mail saying that smith and wesson is the one that said nra and nc conceald pistol instructor was not covered in smith and wesson's discount plan which buds gun shop..said smith and wesson's company told buds gun shop............

the funny thing is i contacted smith and wesson personally by e-mail..........and they said they do not honor emt/ or fire fighters.under there ( smith and wesson themselves)........ militsry and leo discounts..

so i should spill the beans on buds to smith and wesson........what do you think?

I didn't realize that all of this dialouge was regarding a S&W discount. I've got a better suggestion, don't buy S&W, and find another gun shop that is more clear in their advertisments.

gf

I didn't realize that all of this dialouge was regarding a S&W discount. I've got a better suggestion, don't buy S&W, and find another gun shop that is more clear in their advertisments.

gf

smith and wesson is clear................... buds is the one doing the add ons ( emt) and saying they are following smith and wesson.................

.......hmmmmmmmmmm... wonder if i could sue......:hang3:

smith and wesson is clear................... buds is the one doing the add ons ( emt) and saying they are following smith and wesson.................

.......hmmmmmmmmmm... wonder if i could sue......:hang3:

doing something like that doesnt do anything for anybody. I never asked for a discount from anyone. guns stores resteraunts etc. But to throw a fit over 5 or 10% off any product is a waste of your time and effort. furtermore smith and wesson is listed under the Va civil defence leage as being antigun Link Removed so i particularly dont plan on buying any of their products. Sueing for an indiscrepency in a policy will result in nothing more than them wipeing out the policy entirely, just because one person got offended his/her occupation wasnt on their list. did they not teach you team work in the marines. i know they didnt teach you to look out for just your own hide.

this whole thing didnt start over a discount as far as im concerned, it started over someone looking down their nose at regular old EMT's and volunteer friefighter as if they were not good enough to be on the list of people who qualify for law enforcement discount

doing something like that doesnt do anything for anybody. I never asked for a discount from anyone. guns stores resteraunts etc. But to throw a fit over 5 or 10% off any product is a waste of your time and effort. furtermore smith and wesson is listed under the Va civil defence leage as being antigun Link Removed so i particularly dont plan on buying any of their products. Sueing for an indiscrepency in a policy will result in nothing more than them wipeing out the policy entirely, just because one person got offended his/her occupation wasnt on their list. did they not teach you team work in the marines. i know they didnt teach you to look out for just your own hide.

this whole thing didnt start over a discount as far as im concerned, it started over someone looking down their nose at regular old EMT's and volunteer friefighter as if they were not good enough to be on the list of people who qualify for law enforcement discount

Hence why I suggest not buying S&W. Buy a gun made by a company that supports and respects the rights of the people. I can't stand gun makers that cater only to military and LE. I do my best not to buy from "anti" manufacturers.

gf

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back