El Paso Zoo

jwarrenjr

Wife wants to take the kids there. I saw on their website that many things are prohibited including weapons. Anyone go there lately? Notice any signage that legally keeps us from concealing?

Wife wants to take the kids there. I saw on their website that many things are prohibited including weapons. Anyone go there lately? Notice any signage that legally keeps us from concealing?

I think a zoo might be covered under Tx law. You cannot carry into any permanent fix amusement park. Just like a hospital or school. So you can carry at the state fair (not permanent) but you can't carry at Six Flags.

Well that would be good to know for sure because from what I can tell from the bill being submitted in Texas (that's all I could find. couldn't find the current bill) the zoo only meets 3 of the 7 qualifications for an amusement park. However if HB 3218 is passed looks like at lot more things will be legal. But I'm trying to find what they will replace it with because they are lining out hospitals as well. I haven't known it to be legal for anyone to conceal in any hospital anywhere. Unless it's a tactic to get people to freak out over concealing in a hospital in hopes to get them to miss the details they want passed.

83(R) HB 3218 - Introduced version - Bill Text

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I've read the existing Texas state laws, but I think it is legal to conceal carry in any hospital that does not have a legal 30.06 sign posted.

Yes, you can carry in the El Paso zoo if it isn't posted 30.06. If it's owned by the city then they aren't allowed to post a 30.06, and you could legally carry anyway if they did. No they are not an amusement park as defined by state law.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back