Eezox vs. FrogLube?

Happy Veterans day to you as well and to all our service members past and present Thank you for your service!

I'm gonna give the 4oz kit a try. I have spent a small fortune on gun lubes and cleaners. This subject has been almost an obsession for me, so whats another 24 bucks. I found this thread a little late but I hope I still qualify for the extra gift.

I'm gonna give the 4oz kit a try. I have spent a small fortune on gun lubes and cleaners. This subject has been almost an obsession for me, so whats another 24 bucks. I found this thread a little late but I hope I still qualify for the extra gift.

Yes you do! I said till the day after today (Veterans Day) but with all the weekend Range reports that I hope will be coming in, I will extend the offer till Monday.

The sooner you order the quicker you will be smiling:)

brizbane, I PROMISE you will be completely satisfied.

Ed
Tacticalsanta.com

Santa, would you say that the process described below is an adequate method of doing the initial applications of FL?

Thank you for your enthusiasm on this, Santa, it has not gone unnoticed.

The SEALS, although first letter capped previously out of respect will now be all caps, I agree.

Started giving FL a try today, here's what I did this evening:

Had a few rare moments to myself today so I took my Glock 27 AND the PM9 and field stripped then blasted all parts off with brake cleaner. I know, not good for polymer but just once should not be a big issue. Anyway, wiped them off and preheated all the parts in the oven at 175 degrees. Took each part out one at a time and liberally applied the stuff, like a liberal applies tax (someone elses) money! They went back into the oven to keep warm. Took each part out again and applied more, leaving them out to cool this time, while applying the Frog Lube (FL) every few minutes while cooling.

The parts cooled with a good coating of FL remaining. After an hour or so I repeated the above process providing two applications of FL on very warm metal/polymer. Wiped them down, removed excess FL from polymer, slide/extractor area, etc., and reassembled. ...Three plus hours including wait time.

I will take them to the range this weekend. After shooting I'll wipe them off. I'll take them back to the range again without applying any more FL and shoot again, then whiping them off again. As for me, the lubricity (is that a word?) or maybe "lubricationality", hehe, after that will be the time to see 'sup wid it.

For those who relish conciseness:

-Brake cleaner removal of oil.
-Wiped down.
-Preheated gun parts to 175 degrees.
-Applied FL liberally with supplied brush, giving bores a FL soaked bore patch also.
-Returned parts to oven to soak FL while very warm while 'basting' parts with FL every few minutes.
-Removed from oven and let parts cool while reapplying FL every few minutes.
-Let cooled and coated parts sit and chillax for about an hour.
-Repeated the process! (minus brake cleaner and intial wipe down) (two FL applications)
Of note: Used about 2.5 FL sample tubes, maybe about 7 or 8 ml's total. Did catch/reuse 'drippings'.

(to be done this weekend):
-Shoot the damn things a number of rounds each maybe 20 or 30 rounds of carry ammo along with some ball ammo.
-Wipe guns down after they cool.
-Go shoot them again, wipe down again.
-Look at the two nails, one FL treated and one not, outside and compare oxidation levels. ...nutt'n fancy.
-Convene the bipartisan panel regarding FL.

...Have to say, the FL is slick when liquified to say the least. Smells good and the skin on my fingers feels strangely supple, NOT something that occurs after handling petroleum based liquids.

Along with the other guys going to the range this weekend to check out the FL'd guns, I'll be back.

For you one-line wizards:

Cleaned, treated with FL twice and will shoot, wipe, shoot, wipe then see 'sup.

I'm going to go with a likely "yes" regarding the question asked above. From what I've read it was a more than adequate two initial applications, please let me know if you or anyone sees something I should have done differently.

I took the two handguns (Glock 27 and a PM9) to the range yesterday, fired about 50 rounds through each, a mixture of silver tip HP's and FMJ's for the .40 and the PM9's favorite mix of round nose ball and Corbon 115gr +p. They've each eaten this steady diet before with never a hiccup.

I cleaned off the remaining FL today by thoroughly wiping them down with rags, Q-tips and dry patches then re-oiled them with a name brand gun oil. I'll take the guns back out, with the same ammo and mags that I used yesterday, to see if the mis-feeding's they both had about every or every other mag yesterday clears up. If it does, I've a theory as to what happened but will wait on that.

Geez I feel a dissappointment. On one had it would be a good thing to have both guns operate perfectly again for obvious reasons and yet that would mean that these two guns for whatever the reason do not do well with FL and that to would be dissappointing due to not being able to use a good smelling and safer material that could also provide easier clean up. ...Figures. Let's see what happens.

If anyone can pick out an issue with the initial applications of FL that I did please pipe up.

Will be back after second trip to range either today or tomorrow.

Thank heaven! Both guns ran fine with both kinds of ammo (each) and with all the previously used magazines without a single problem - just like before this experiment!

I'm so very glad I can still trust these two carry guns, the problem that I experienced with both of them was short lived likely due to improper lubrication, that's the good news. The bad? I'm stuck using a smelly, less safe cleaning regimen that will involve more time and expense (tho I did not 'run' those figures) than those who's guns are good with FL.

Thank you for the samples and kit, Santa, that you put in with my order, I do wish I had better results with it not just for myself but it would have made my wife happy also!

Tuts, I don't know what to say, you, with all your research, can you even point out a single person that had an experience like yours? I call BS!

two things
1) your re-lube with oil is BS because the froglube is in the metal and will dissolve it on contact and continue to lube your guns when they heat up wile firing.
2) froglube solves malfunction problems, it doesn't create them!

I really don't know what to say, I believe there are deeper issues at heart here. With that said, I asked for the good and the bad you are the first bad that "I" have ever heard of. Please send your improper lubrication back to me and all your money will be refunded (including shipping)

Ed
Tacticalsanta.com

I'll not take the "BS" remark(s) personally for two reasons. First, I gave it an honest test and am confident in that. Secondly, see the first reason.

I'm sorry you don't want to believe it, I was even more dissappointed than you might think as I was looking forward to being able to NOT use the (smelly), less safe solvent. And to answer you, no, I found no negative tests online regarding FL. That's what's so flipp'n frustrating here, I EXPeCTED it to work.

I'm not looking for my money back. I was looking to see if I could use the FL rather than the "usual" regimen and I voluntarily purchased some. The results were not your fault.

Do I have an explaination? No. Am I happy with the result? No. I'm not saying FL caused the feeding problem, I'm saying the guns did not feed properly during the use of it, that's all. No agenda, no BS, just an honest try of it as I promised. ...What agenda could i have, anyway, to keep using solvents? Could it have been related to using the brake cleaner prior to using FL? I have not freak'n idea.

You can "call BS" all day long, sorry you responded that way. I honestly thought I was onto something. It just didn't work for the Glock and the PM9 I used, that's all I'm saying. Nothing more.

If the guns were not supposed to work after cleaning them back off and re-applying oil, well, then I have guns from the twilight zone. I'm not sure what to say either, maybe I'll call Rod Serling...

For the thousands that FL works for, well, that's cool! I wish my two guns were a member of that club.

As for me, I had to see for myself. I gave it a fair try spending three plus hours de-oiling, FL-ing the guns and making sure they stayed warm for a time while 'basting' them with FL and ensuring the FL then stayed on the guns for at least an hour after each application. I really did give them an application regimen that I felt exceeded the directions.

Many state it works for them. I wish I could say the same. I'm glad tho I tested it before depending on it, at least that's one positive here.

We can still be 'buds' here on the forum or at least I'd hope so, it's just that my guns will be oiled unless someone can point out what the problem with my application process was. ...Can't be any different from anyone else tho. If I could pin point an issue I'd remove that variable and re-try it, but it'll wait till I'm ready to rotate carry ammo again. Anybody ever known anyone who also used brake cleaner on guns prior to FL? It's the ONLY thing I can see that may have been different from what I've read.

Maybe next time I rotate ammo I'll try the FL again but not use the brake cleaner, but I won't get a discussion going about it till afterwards. If it works, I'll spread the word far and wide. If not, I'll keep it to myself and you have my word on that. I don't feel I'd be cheating anyone by not telling of another fail as I'd like to think nobody would trust it before testing it.

Peace to us all.

Tut's we can be civil, no reason not to. Just because you are the only person to have experienced this, that is why I called BS,I also called BS for my reasons mentioned and for a few I didn't. I have no problems with you or your post except some of your wording and assumptions/self "?" conclusions.

Now, your belief in your OC/CW is of paramount importance and I don't want you to have any other doubts, so please don't use it again! send it back! that way your Glock that eats your stuff will function, We all know of the reports of Glocks being tempermentle with lube and rounds/ammo that they will fire :)

Now, my "Buds" Brothers use froglube and nothing else. I know you are going to say "who cares, it didn't work for me" thats fine, I guess "?" it didn't, but they put their lives on the line every day and then some. For them it is not if I use my weapon, it's when don't I. Pick a Special Operations Unit, Ranger,SF,SEALS,CCT,MARCOM, They all use Froglube and that is for a reason "IT JUST WORKS", Don't think I don't know, I Train and shoot with them all the time. Reports and requests come in Daily.

Please don't take this as abrasive, it just doesn't add up! Please let me take this back off your hands, It wont be resold, I will use it, and on a lot more than two hand guns that get shot more than when I need to change ammo.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you , you are the only one, you better call "Rod Sterling", you have entered the ZONE!

ED

Just in,

On Nov 10, 2011, at 4:13 PM, Robert wrote:

I just wanted to give you an update on how well your product worked for me. I’m my department’s armorer and am responsible for over 50 Sig 229 and 239s. I recently finished my annual armorer’s tear down on all the weapons and at the recommendation of my re-cert instructor, used Froglube for the first time. I detail stripped the weapons and soaked them in a “crock pot” filled with Froglube. The parts pretty much came out clean without much scrubbing. Re-assembly was easier then it’s ever been and they truly seemed to function much smoother. Shortly after the annual service all of our investigators attended in-service training which included a full day on the range. There was not a single malfuntion noted. After over 400 rounds downrange per gun everyone was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to just wipe off the carbon and dirt. I have since transitioned all of my personal weapons, mostly WWII vintage rifles, over to Froglube. I’m sold on your product and plan on using it from now on. Thanks again.

Hey folks, in the spirit of "full disclosure" I have found two more people who don't like froglube on another site. as with our only one who made claims, I don't know how their experiences happened.

As you all know, I'm very passionate about froglube, but I don't want to cut short any real faults that people encounter with FL.

If anyone is ever dissatisfied with their purchase of FL from us I will refund your money with no strings attached.

In regard to your disappointment, I am disappointed as well that you added another lubricant in addition to the Froglube. FrgoLube is a stand alone product and needs no assistance from petro chemicals. The fairness of the test is moot at this point as you added something to it instead of giving FrogLube the true test by itself. I would ask that you try it again, this time according to the instructions and give it another go fairly, then write a review.

I'm going to go with a likely "yes" regarding the question asked above. From what I've read it was a more than adequate two initial applications, please let me know if you or anyone sees something I should have done differently.

I took the two handguns (Glock 27 and a PM9) to the range yesterday, fired about 50 rounds through each, a mixture of silver tip HP's and FMJ's for the .40 and the PM9's favorite mix of round nose ball and Corbon 115gr +p. They've each eaten this steady diet before with never a hiccup.

I cleaned off the remaining FL today by thoroughly wiping them down with rags, Q-tips and dry patches then re-oiled them with a name brand gun oil. I'll take the guns back out, with the same ammo and mags that I used yesterday, to see if the mis-feeding's they both had about every or every other mag yesterday clears up. If it does, I've a theory as to what happened but will wait on that.

Geez I feel a dissappointment. On one had it would be a good thing to have both guns operate perfectly again for obvious reasons and yet that would mean that these two guns for whatever the reason do not do well with FL and that to would be dissappointing due to not being able to use a good smelling and safer material that could also provide easier clean up. ...Figures. Let's see what happens.

If anyone can pick out an issue with the initial applications of FL that I did please pipe up.

Will be back after second trip to range either today or tomorrow.

Santa, I have to say that I think Frog Lube is everything you claim. The Glocks and Saiga all ran perfectly as expected. I was shooting Yugo mil surplus in the saiga. Needless to say, the ammo is a bit dirty but cleanup was simply a dry whipe to remove almost all the carbon. A little FL on a patch to lightly wipe left it all looking like new.
The 22 semi-auto also ran perfectly but I forgot to bring the sometimes problematic cheap ammo with me. All we shot were CCI mini-mag and they generally run without a hich anyway. The pocket gun .380 is showing no corrosion after being handled and pocket carried every day for a week. I will be ordering more. Hopefully, the sample packs I have passed out will get you a few more sales also. I'll keep spreading the word.

For all those in Ohio who are still in doubt, we will be set up at the Columbus Gun Show this weekend at the Westland Mall. They had us on the radio the past two weekends on Classic Country Outdoors with Calvin Pyle and people are looking for us. Bring one of your favorite (that has been fired) "clean" pistols by for a free 5 minute cleaning. See you there!

Well, I've heard enough good about it that I just orgered an 8oz set. Why bother with the small set? It sounds at worst, about the same as any other and at best, much better.

So we'll see. They are only a day away by priority mail, usually, but at worst, Friday.

KK

KK,

Your order was shipped, but from Chicago. For the delay I added a few things for you and your students.

Ed
Tactical Santa
American Froglube Distribution Ltd

Thank you RacerRon, and I'm glad your as happy with Froglube as we are. If we can help you in anyway, don't hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. You can also reach us on our new face-book page at, American Froglube Distribution Ltd, we are now the Master Distribution goto for everything East of the Rockies.

Also to help you/or anyone here to get a FREE 8oz Kit this is what you need to do.

Go to your local store, ask them to start stocking Froglube and when they do, the Kit and a little more is yours. Don't forget to let us know who they are so we can assist you in the process

All the Best,
Ed
Tacticalsanta.com
American Froglube Distribution Ltd

Hey Folks, It's not to late for Santa to make a Delivery!!!! act now and get a little extra cheer!!!

ETA: Remember to take a look (and like) at our facebook page, American Froglube Distribution Ltd

Ed

In regard to your disappointment, I am disappointed as well that you added another lubricant in addition to the Froglube. FrgoLube is a stand alone product and needs no assistance from petro chemicals. The fairness of the test is moot at this point as you added something to it instead of giving FrogLube the true test by itself. I would ask that you try it again, this time according to the instructions and give it another go fairly, then write a review.

Headshot, do you really think the post you quoted was an outline of the application process I used? Sorry, but I'm not that careless so as to mix any two products (diluting both). I would appreciate it if you would continue reading:

Re-read the process I used in the application of the Frog Lube which is found BEFORE the post you quoted and you'll notice I did not add anything to it. I believe I posted the process 11/10/11 at 4:21 pm. The quote you pulled and posted was from 11/12/11.

The quote you pulled was what I had done AFTER the shooting of the guns after two applications of Frog Lube.

When you re-read the application process i used (thorough de-oiling, two applications of Frog Lube and the method used for those two applications...) which can be found earlier in the thread than where you found the post that you quoted, you can THEN let me know if you find a deficiency in the process I used to apply the FL. The process I used in applying the FL is found earlier in the thread, BEFORE the post you pulled. The post you pulled was, again, what I did/was planning to do after the initial testing at the range.

Take a minute if you would please and find the outline I posted of the FL application process I used and if you'd care to, THAT would be the time to post a critique of the process I used to apply the FL to the guns. (head goes into both hands with a "geesh"...)

Till then, have a great day.

----> P.S. I went ahead and pulled the post, the one you should have read if desiring to pipe up about the way I applied the FL, and it's on the next post, on page 9.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back