Eezox vs. FrogLube?

What part of the frog is used? They don't do this sort of thing I hope: Link Removed

Ordered some, invoice number (bunch of zero's)1147. I'll get back here and let ya know how it goes after I treat a baby, shoot, re-treat, shoot, wipe, shoot, wipe...

I got the Order, it will go out in the Morning. Since you have been a good little shooter this year, Santa will put a little something extra in your stocking.

I will extend this offer(extras) to everyone that makes an order (on the 4oz kit) till the Day after Veterans Day. You will be VERRY Happy if you pull the trigger so to speak. Don't forget to put in the notes or on here that your a Member of USA CARRY

Ok time for the update, my G19 is cooling back down from the 2nd heating and my saiga barrel just drunk up most of the liquid froglube. I have about 1/3 of an ounce left in the bottle. The cleaning was actually fun this time did not need to worry about the mess on my hands and floor it came right off. Now I just have to wait for Monday to come so I can go try it out after the range.

Well Santa, you convinced me to give frog lube a go and order has been placed. The fact that you send out sample kits on your dime attest to your belief in the product. I am eager to give it a shot. Lately I have been using a product called Super Quick Clean Guns and have been mostly pleased. My only complaint was the corrosion protection was a little weak. Hopefully Frog Lube will kick its butt ;)

Well Santa, you convinced me to give frog lube a go and order has been placed. The fact that you send out sample kits on your dime attest to your belief in the product. I am eager to give it a shot. Lately I have been using a product called Super Quick Clean Guns and have been mostly pleased. My only complaint was the corrosion protection was a little weak. Hopefully Frog Lube will kick its butt ;)

RacerRon,
Got the order, Thank you and it's going out (along with 3 others, 1 a repeat)Today!

You will Love this stuff, it will blow your mind how well it protects against corrosion.

Ed
Tactical Santa

RLTW!

Am I the repeat? Lol.... this stuff definitely sold me for everyday applications ... on the smell and non toxic part alone ... I have kids and they like to sit and watch dad clean his toys... as far as the conclusion to my test "old dirty" the mini 30 performed perfectly no malfunctions and was easier than ever to clean.... I still might plan on using my eezox on some of my pistols and on the exterior of other rifles I plan to store for long periods.... " can't let it go to waste anyways :) I plan to break up my sample kit to friends and spread the word.....

Am I the repeat? Lol.... this stuff definitely sold me for everyday applications ... on the smell and non toxic part alone ... I have kids and they like to sit and watch dad clean his toys... as far as the conclusion to my test "old dirty" the mini 30 performed perfectly no malfunctions and was easier than ever to clean.... I still might plan on using my eezox on some of my pistols and on the exterior of other rifles I plan to store for long periods.... " can't let it go to waste anyways :) I plan to break up my sample kit to friends and spread the word.....

LOL, yes F766 you are the one :) once you get your head to understand that all your other "cleaning/protect ant products" will only be used to start camp fires, you will only use froglube for your firearms/it works for a whole lot of stuff :) This is like quiting smoking or drinking, "one step at a time", you are not alone! you can use this thread as a support group :) we are here for you!

Hey, when you get your new order it will have "extras" for you to do with want you want, spread the word or you can use as stocking stuffers, if you need more just ask Tactical Santa.

Did you shoot the other's?

Ed

TacticalSanta.com

RLTW!

Ed

Mkiii

I started on my Ruger mkiii silencer host this evening. For this gun I am degreasing/descumming with simple green before Frog Lube. It is going to be a 2 part project as I ran out of time today.

After 5 - 550 round boxes without cleaning this will prove or disprove all cleaning claims about Frog Lube. I usually spend 3 hours cleaning this gun using every cleaner at my disposal including ultrasonics, lead-out cloth, and a pick.

I have the gun completely disassembled and soaking in Simple Green now. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish it all.

-Matt

I started on my Ruger mkiii silencer host this evening. For this gun I am degreasing/descumming with simple green before Frog Lube. It is going to be a 2 part project as I ran out of time today.

After 5 - 550 round boxes without cleaning this will prove or disprove all cleaning claims about Frog Lube. I usually spend 3 hours cleaning this gun using every cleaner at my disposal including ultrasonics, lead-out cloth, and a pick.

I have the gun completely disassembled and soaking in Simple Green now. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish it all.

-Matt

Matt,

you will finish and you could of skipped the simple green step, just saying :)

Say, I thought I'd throw this to us all, so it could be discussed. Might this be a similar if not identical product? NOT being negative or "in your face" to the frogger's, but I'd like some input: Track Lube Plus Home Page

tuts40:242212 said:
Say, I thought I'd throw this to us all, so it could be discussed. Might this be a similar if not identical product? NOT being negative or "in your face" to the frogger's, but I'd like some input: Track Lube Plus Home Page

Lmfao... what made you stumble on that page? Sounds similar tho lol....

Got my package of FL today thanks for all the freebies Santa its much appreciated ill spread the samples and the word...

Got my package of FL today thanks for all the freebies Santa its much appreciated ill spread the samples and the word...

No problem, It was our pleasure, Tactical Santa stands by their word!

Did you use it on the Saiga?

Laughing is good for you, actually. But to answer your question I was doing another search in regard to "Frog Lube".

I found a discussion of Frog Lube at another forum where that link was supplied, the individual inferring that the Frog Lube is a similar if not same material, made green and repackaged. I provided the link after finding the discussion just to throw it up in the air here and see what happened. May not be related at all or it might be the very same stuff. Likely nobody here will ever know for sure, despite anyone's objection to the thought or otherwise.

As for me, I'm willing to try the Frog Lube. No matter it's origin, whether a guy stumbled upon a 'goo' in an old yet pristine cannon barrel or developed by a company with a lubrication need and an eye towards Gaia or a navy seal with lots of time on his hands, if it works I'm all for it. I'd like to believe the Navy Seal developed it, as that is how it was reported to us.

I did get my order today complete with a kit (thank you, Santa) and am now going to decide whether to try it on a Glock or my PM9... I am actually looking forward to this, would be a major "cool" if it works as advertised. I'm going to field strip, re-clean and de-oil and heat up the gun in the oven at about 160 degrees (on a non metal surface) and work in the stuff. I'll keep the heat on it and give it a good period of time to "soak" it up. I'll let it cool, and do it again a day or two later. Then, I'll wipe it dry and go shoot the thing. I think I'll use a Glock first. If it works well then maybe I'll try the more finicky Kahr. The PM9 has been flawless, but they are not known for being such, ya know? If it works on that over time, I'll be sold. ...That means I'll have to buy more AND start using it on the AR, shotgun, etc. ;-)

In the mean time, I'm going to get a piece of steel and do a poor man's rust test with Frog Lube vs. Hoppe's elite gun oil vs. whatever else I have during the initial play time with the pistol. Maybe a quick salt water pour over it and then put outside for a few days. I dunno, I'll find a way to pit the green goo against some petroleum products. I know it's been done by others, but seeing it myself would bring more satisfaction...

tuts,

Holy crap! you are one tough customer, give it all you got! (you have enough). I can say with 100% certainty that Froglube is Froglube, not Race Track Lube. It will amaze you and out perform anything you can throw at it.

Now when you say SEAL please use caps as I have done, it's a matter of respect! I am no SEAL but I am An Airborne Ranger. My Brother came up with this (yes, he is no chemist) but it was his input that brought this all together.

It has been preformed flawlessly in Combat and on ant Jane's double barrel. ****, since you have done so much research why don't you post the one where a guy kept his pistol in a water filled bucket for a month and it was like he never put it in there. Performed like a champ!

I will say this, all you need to do is use froglube one time and your "hooked" It IS all that and a bag of chips!!!

As a Master Distributor, I want to make money, but my main goal as a Soldier and Instructor is to get the best possible products into the hands of people that need it. That means a CCW holder who hasn't done maintenance in a year, to the shooter who uses it every day, to the guy out in the field (foreign/domestic) that needs something that WILL NOT FAIL!

So give it your best, as I have said before, I know what your out come will be. Froglube Rocks and Tactical Santa got it to you! WE DO AIR DROPS ALSO (besides chimneys).

Now tuts, I'm just stating facts, please post yours (good or bad) we all want to know.

ED

RLTW!

Edit: Tuts or whoever, I started thinking (a stretch,I know)anyone who takes me up on my offer of the 4oz kit "with extras" doesn't truly like it or thinks it doesn't do what has been said here. I will buy it back at no charge. That is how much I believe in Froglube and that is how Tactical Santa Rolls.

Last edited:
Well Santa, I got mine today as well. I will say that it cleans well. So far I have done one glock and an LCP. Tomorrow I'll hit the saiga and a couple of 22s. I don't think the glock is all that great a test because they will pretty much run dry as will the LCP. The 22s will be a little more picky. The LCP will be a great corrosion test as it wants to spot rust due to sweat and pocket carry. What I have seen so far is impressive.

The heat seems to allow the stuff to creep and flow. I also noticed that my hands were very clean when I got done :) I have a couple of friends who I believe will like the samples. Thanks.

Thank you for your enthusiasm on this, Santa, it has not gone unnoticed.

The SEALS, although first letter capped previously out of respect will now be all caps, I agree.

Started giving FL a try today, here's what I did this evening:

Had a few rare moments to myself today so I took my Glock 27 AND the PM9 and field stripped then blasted all parts off with brake cleaner. I know, not good for polymer but just once should not be a big issue. Anyway, wiped them off and preheated all the parts in the oven at 175 degrees. Took each part out one at a time and liberally applied the stuff, like a liberal applies tax (someone elses) money! They went back into the oven to keep warm. Took each part out again and applied more, leaving them out to cool this time, while applying the Frog Lube (FL) every few minutes while cooling.

The parts cooled with a good coating of FL remaining. After an hour or so I repeated the above process providing two applications of FL on very warm metal/polymer. Wiped them down, removed excess FL from polymer, slide/extractor area, etc., and reassembled. ...Three plus hours including wait time.

I will take them to the range this weekend. After shooting I'll wipe them off. I'll take them back to the range again without applying any more FL and shoot again, then whiping them off again. As for me, the lubricity (is that a word?) or maybe "lubricationality", hehe, after that will be the time to see 'sup wid it.

For those who relish conciseness:

-Brake cleaner removal of oil.
-Wiped down.
-Preheated gun parts to 175 degrees.
-Applied FL liberally with supplied brush, giving bores a FL soaked bore patch also.
-Returned parts to oven to soak FL while very warm while 'basting' parts with FL every few minutes.
-Removed from oven and let parts cool while reapplying FL every few minutes.
-Let cooled and coated parts sit and chillax for about an hour.
-Repeated the process! (minus brake cleaner and intial wipe down) (two FL applications)
Of note: Used about 2.5 FL sample tubes, maybe about 7 or 8 ml's total. Did catch/reuse 'drippings'.

(to be done this weekend):
-Shoot the damn things a number of rounds each maybe 20 or 30 rounds of carry ammo along with some ball ammo.
-Wipe guns down after they cool.
-Go shoot them again, wipe down again.
-Look at the two nails, one FL treated and one not, outside and compare oxidation levels. ...nutt'n fancy.
-Convene the bipartisan panel regarding FL.

...Have to say, the FL is slick when liquified to say the least. Smells good and the skin on my fingers feels strangely supple, NOT something that occurs after handling petroleum based liquids.

Along with the other guys going to the range this weekend to check out the FL'd guns, I'll be back.

For you one-line wizards:

Cleaned, treated with FL twice and will shoot, wipe, shoot, wipe then see 'sup.

OUTSTANDING! I'm glad everyone received their froglube, This weekend sounds like a range day for all! Be safe,have fun and be prepared for you cleaning dreams to come through.

Those that are going to shoot 22's will really be happy, as will as The Saiga 12 shooters.

A suggestion for you guys, if you have a gun that doesn't like some ammo or that has been a pain in the ass, just lube it with FL and giver another try, you will be very pleased. That gun you thought was only good as a paper weight, or that you thought you got a lemon, will now have a grin from ear to ear!

please keep the reports coming!

Ed,
Tactical Santa

RLTW!

I finished cleaning the mkiii last night and got it all put together again. There were two spots that I gave up on being spotless, but they are soaked in FL and appear to be softening even more.
My father is visiting this weekend to help with renovations, so 500 or so .22s with a can should make for a good break.
-Matt

So I got my trial kit, and cleaned and heated (used a hair dryer) my AR last week cleaning time took approx 1/3 less than normal. most of the carbon dissolved immediately no brass brush work required.I then cleaned a ruger P94 and tossed it in the freezer( not my EDC) I took the P 94 and the AR out to fire on Wed. I popped a mag in the P 94 and released the slide it chambered with no problem so i proceeded to fire 10 rounds thru a frozen pistol with zero problems! I then went thru 300 rounds in the AR of green tip mil spec ammo with no problems even with rapid fire of 60 round to really heat things up! I then took out some of the cheapo wolf ammo that my bush master truly hates.Out of the 20 rounds I only had 3 failures to eject due to short cycling, I previously averaged around 50% with the wolf ammo.
I did not clean the AR until today as I wanted the carbon to harden. Cleaning both weapons after they had been treated with frog lube was a snap. I am very impressed with how it held up to both extremes of temperature. as well as its lubricating properties it really seems to flow into every nook and make things smooth. One other observation is that it really doesn't take much of the frog lube to clean and lubricate a rifle. It' a definite recommend in my book.

Retired Grunt,

Great Review! and thank you for putting froglube thru some hard tests. I think people are starting to see why I get so excited about Froglube.

BTW, Happy Veterans Day to you!

Ed

RLTW!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back