Eezox vs. FrogLube?

EATIII,

There's a lot of good things written and put on video in regard to Frog Lube. What I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is how a plant based material can perform as stated/reported. Although I'm reading the testamonials, watching the vid's and taking in what is being said, I'm a bit jaded having seen a great many of things "not be" that "was to be" or "shoulda been", particulary over the internet...

Not being a man of deep pockets I do not want to risk any of my investments (guns) to something that I do not fully understand. However, it looks good so far and am keeping an open mind.

Anyone else who has been a member of this forum for more than a week use Frog Lube? What say you?

Gents,
WillyNH
Fourmula766
Kasper
Retired Grunt

Your kits have been sent, when you get them, please give us a report as soon as you can so as not to keep the masses waiting. Give your honest thumbs up or down. I do know the answer already but this is for your fellow board members.

ED
RLTW!

EATIII:239704 said:
Gents,
WillyNH
Fourmula766
Kasper
Retired Grunt

Your kits have been sent, when you get them, please give us a report as soon as you can so as not to keep the masses waiting. Give your honest thumbs up or down. I do know the answer already but this is for your fellow board members.

ED
RLTW!

Man... Always late to the party.

This is a patch that went through a weapon that the customer said was clean as it can be. My Business partner Travis, at Watchmen Training Group put a little Froglube on a patch and ran it through, this is the result.

Got my sample kit of Froglube yesterday... Figured id give it a shot cleaning "Ol Dirty" an older Ruger mini 30 that always seems to end up filthy after the range... Now keep in mind ive never used Eezox on this rife because it wants to run on the wetter side since ive owned it... First thing I noticed was the wintergreen smell its rather pleasant... After my usual cleaning ritual I will say it does clean 10X better than Hopps and boy this gun was FILTHY its probably never been so clean... The gun did seem to soak up quite a bit of the froglube after I let it sit by the wood stove to let it warm up it didn't really seem to do much till it was warm.. After I wiped down the entire gun it left the metal clean and shiny even brought some more color out of the wood on the downside it still leaves fingerprints so that's a +1 to Eezox.. Overall I very impressed so far... the stuff definaley does clean better than most products ive used but I wont say better than Eezox Id have to call that a tie... Both product claim to get better the more you use it... Eezox is easier to use due to the aresol can but smells very strong froglube has a pleasnt smell and initally you have to season the gun but that didnt seem to be a big deal they both seem a cut above the rest as products go... Now to range test "Ol Dirty" another day its been known to have a few hiccups if not lubed right...

Glad you got it and the initial results, remember after you "seasoned" your dirty gun, all you need to do is wipe off the carbon/crud. Have a great day at the range, you will give another +10 to your report.

I have over the years tried or used about everything on the market. I usually steer clear of products with warnings about getting it on certain parts of the gun, or leaving it on the gun for too long. Bore "cleaners" are especially corrosive to the metal in the barrel and can cause it to become brittle, which will in turn wear out the barrel faster and also cause chipping in the bore. If it's all that great, then why can't you leave it in the bore? Common sense has told me to stay away from such chemicals, if it will do that to steel, what will it do to my skin. Froglube is the first product I've used that does all it says it will do and then some. So much so that I asked EATIII to be a part of the business side of this amazing CLP.

I have, and will continue to challenge people to bring me guns that are "clean" that I can't pull an amount of carbon out that looks as if weren't cleaned at all. The pic he posted was only one of about twenty that day which were supposed to have been cleaned prior to the gun show with various "top" products. I have stopped use of any other product and now use the left overs of what I had to start fires in my fire pit so I don't waste it completely. In my book, that's all they are good for anymore.

I have little ones at home and can now clean my guns (truly clean them) in my house without harmful vapors or worrying what might happen if my children happen to get hold of some of it, to include eating it. I have watched it dissolve rust and carbon on contact and use it on my fishing reels as well. I have seen it mirror the inside of old muzzleloaders which now have no more rust issues in the bore or on the outside. I have witnessed it bring back the wood grain on old stocks that had gotten so dry they just absorbed everything else. No more having black fingers for weeks due to cleaning with other solvents, the carbon wipes right off my hands just like it does the guns.

For those of you who do place a high value on your gun collection, you owe it to yourself and your guns to try FrogLube if you care that much. Or, you can continue to degrade the quality of the metal on your guns by using the latest petrochemicals.

FWIW, I have spent a lifetime of hunting and fishing, I'm a former Army Ranger, Sniper, LRS Team Leader so I know as well as anyone what it takes to properly maintain a weapon. For the first time in my life I knew what truly clean was after using FrogLube.

Owner
Watchmen Training Group

1 gun done

I received my Frog Lube kit from Santa a couple of days ago and finally had a chance to use it last night. As a background, Breakfree CLP has been my go to cleaner for about 6 years. The first gun to clean is my EDC Glock 26, and it hasn't been detail cleaned in over 1 year (hanging my head in shame). I asked for permission to borrow my wifes hairdryer, and setup to clean my handgun at the kitchen table. AT THE KITCHEN TABLE! I was granted permission for the hairdryer but was questioned on my choice of location. I assured her if it smelled, I would relocate back to my basement sanctuary. In addition to the kit from Santa, I added some patches and QTips.

I started by stripping the gun completely, and set the hairdryer to it. I did NOT degrease or anything else before using the Frog Lube. Not knowing whick to use--the paste or the liquid--I decided to use the liquid only for this gun. With the parts warmed, I soaked a patch in the green stuff and set to work wetting everything. I expected to consume a lot of Frog Lube, but that 1st patch got everything covered. For the bore, I applied lube to a nylon brush and worked it through the bore a couple of times. I wiped all of the springs as best I could.

With everything wet I put a couple of drops on a bristle brush and scrubbed every nook and cranny on every part. Things had started to cool down by the time I got back to the barrel so I hit them all with the hair dryer again. The barrel and breech face were by far the dirtiest, but I am proud to say that they are spotless now. With everything scrubbed, I wiped everything until the gunk stopped coming off on the patch. I called it good at this point , reassembled and function tested.

Immediately I am impressed with the ease that the Frog Lube cut through the grime. +1. My night sights (and the little white outline) are brighter than before as I avoided them with the Breakfree product. +1. All of the accumulated gunk in the rails is gone and the slide is noticably "slicker". +1. My hands washed completely clean when I finished. +1. AND the wife never said boo about the smell, because there wasn't any. +1.

So far I am very impressed. My next task will be a Ruger MkIII that has over 1000 rounds since its last detail job, all of them with a silencer.

Thank you, Santa (EATIII).

-Matt

OK, we'll stand by for the future reports after several range trips with cloth wipe downs only, no further applications...

Forgot to ask, if/when i want to try some, anyone here a reseller or know someone who sells it online? I saw some stores reselling in MO, anyone you know of "Mom"?

...Update, just realized tactical santa does this, duh!

OK, we'll stand by for the future reports after several range trips with cloth wipe downs only, no further applications...

That won't be a problem, Froglube suspends the carbon and you can wipe it off with your finger after getting off the line.

Remember, it should be seasoned 2 to 3 times for best results, they all have plenty to treat a couple of firearms.

Tuts40, I see you are still a non believer, would you like to do your own test?

Matt, Glad you got it and have had GREAT results. If you have any questions just shoot me a message or call.

Gents, more to follow.

That won't be a problem, Froglube suspends the carbon and you can wipe it off with your finger after getting off the line.

Remember, it should be seasoned 2 to 3 times for best results, they all have plenty to treat a couple of firearms.

Tuts40, I see you are still a non believer, would you like to do your own test?

Matt, Glad you got it and have had GREAT results. If you have any questions just shoot me a message or call.

Gents, more to follow.

I'll give it a try, but I'll get some from your tactical santa site. If I buy it then I'll only have myself to blame if it's not what it's hyped to be. ;-)

I'll give it a try, but I'll get some from your tactical santa site. If I buy it then I'll only have myself to blame if it's not what it's hyped to be. ;-)

Well I do appreciate that, making money is good!!!!!!!!!! However there is no "hype" IT JUST WORKS! let me send out one more sample (to you) and I KNOW you will love it and buy more from me.

Plus, it makes fell feel good spreading froglube love ;)

Well I do appreciate that, making money is good!!!!!!!!!! However there is no "hype" IT JUST WORKS! let me send out one more sample (to you) and I KNOW you will love it and buy more from me.

Plus, it makes fell feel good spreading froglube love ;)

No worries, I was not fishing for a sample. I will buy the liquid and try it out. I was going to ask a question about the tenifer treatment Glock uses as it relates to Frog Lube's effectiveness but the best way to answer that is to try it...

Thank you for the offer tho, it does make a statement as to your belief in the stuff.

EATIII I got mine but have not used it on my gun yet. Is it best to clean my gun with 91% rubbing alcohol before applying the frog lube? It said I could skip the alcohol if I wanted to but I would like to give my G19 the best application of froglube possible.I also wanted to know if I were to show my friends how great this is at cleaning the bore will they be able to keep using their choice of cleaner. I think it should be fine since I am not giving it the break in froglube needs to treat the metal but since it is so good at breaking down petroleum products I want to make sure that their choice of CLP will be able to stay on their gun.

I can say with complete confidence that this is the best smelling CLP I have ever smelled. It does work well for dry hands and makes removing grease and grime from your hands a lot easier. I used the liquid froglube on my hands then replaced the alternator and serpentine belt on my truck. All the grime and grease from my engine came right off of my hands without having to use the GOJO Orange Hand Cleaner.

I will be cleaning my G19 today and get it broken in with the froglube for my trip to the range on Monday. I plan on using my heat gun to warm my barrel and slide then froglube them and wait 3 hours and treat them again and just to go overboard do it once more before putting my G19 back together. After doing all of this when I leave the range Monday all it should take is a napkin to remove the carbon from my gun. I will let you all know how it does.

Kasper,

Glad you got it, you can skip the rubbing alcohol. Just clean your G19 with the froglube, then do the x2 seasoning (two hours total for both treatments is good)don't wipe off the excess after the first, in fact add more, then hit it with your heat gun again. Don't worry about doing the frame either, it won't hurt it (the polymer) in fact it rejuvenates it.

No worries on your friends bores/ barrels, they can go back (I don't know why they would)to what ever they want. The beauty is, froglube gets into the metal then it suspends the carbon/lead from sticking in/on the lands and groves, regular lube allows it collect in different spots (different spots on every shot)so it has an effect on the bullet. With Froglube this does not happen and your shots are truer and tighter, not too mention a mirrored shine that you won't believe.

Don't forget to bring the Saiga 12, just apply a liberal amount of froglube and shoot, the heat from the shooting will work like your heat gun and get it working. not the best way, but it works, and you will be able to wipe off hundreds of old/new shots very easily.

RacerRon, you decide which one you like to use. Some people like the paste so they can work it in like when you spit shine a pair of boots, others like the paste so they can apply more in those tight areas so it can seep in when the metal gets hot. Booth are great. A lot of us with a lot of firearms use a crock pot or slow cooker filled with paste or liquid, we just break down the parts and drop the whole works in (everything) some use the paste so when it cools off it goes back to a solid state(no spilling during transport).

What part of the frog is used? They don't do this sort of thing I hope: Link Removed

Ordered some, invoice number (bunch of zero's)1147. I'll get back here and let ya know how it goes after I treat a baby, shoot, re-treat, shoot, wipe, shoot, wipe...

What part of the frog is used? They don't do this sort of thing I hope: Link Removed

I have been waiting for that, usually it comes in the first 5 posts,lol

Oh, and to answer your question about the ( tenifer treatment ) froglube enhances/protects it.

Also, I believe in it so much, we went from a Dealer, to a Distributor, to now a Master Distributor (that means exclusive rights for everything east of the Mississippi) other can sell it, but they will be getting it from us.

A little in site from a SEAL TEAM that just got back from doing the deed. They were having all sorts of Jams on their Scar Heavys, and at the worst possible times. It got to be a very bad, real world problem. They ditched the CLP they were using (the one forced on them), switched to froglube and the problem ceased to exist. They wrote this up in their AAR and voiced their opinion so strongly to FN, That FN has reached out to The man that started it all, my friend, CAPT Larry Lasky.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back