Eavesdropping

Scarecrow

I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on this. to me it just seems like another way they are slowly taking away our freedom...

Link Removed

We are like a frog in water. The heat is being slowly turned up. If we do not wake up one day it will be to late if it is not already.

im sorry they used 9-11 as a tool to strip our freedom away and it's sad that we are letting them no one wants to stand up and say we have had Enough

im sorry they used 9-11 as a tool to strip our freedom away and it's sad that we are letting them no one wants to stand up and say we have had Enough

I don't even believe that 911 happened exactly the way they have told us over and over again. there are just too many facts that go against what they say. laws of physics that just prove them wrong. but that is just a whole other topic.

Sigh...

yeah, I have an opinion but you wouldn't like it.

My only comment remains this. If your wife, son, daughter, husband, brother, mother, father or any significant other ends up dead from a 911-style event and you learn, truthfully, that it would have been avoidable through "eavesdropping"; will you bury your loved one(s) and say, "Goodbye my love, at least they weren't listening to my phone calls."? If your answer is yes, then you have the strength of your convictions and the solace of your principles. But, if you hesitate or say No, then may God help you continue living. Give things like this serious reflection and contemplation.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Eavesdropping would be listening in on a converstion between 2 Americans, both of which are within our borders. This addresses intelligence gathering with one end of the conversation being overseas to/from a suspected terrorist.

As far as the immunity for the telecom companies -- Why should they be subject to a lawsuit when they are simply working with the government performing a legal function.

Of course, protecting the rights of lawyers to get rich is an important agenda item -- need to keep them rich so they can make the campaign contributions.

Also, suing the telecom companies makes as much sense as suing the firearms manufacturers. How many of you agree with those suits?

No matter how many times it is repeated, this is not "domestic wiretapping". It is legitimate intelligence gathering for the purpose of protecting us from the terrorists -- you know, those folks that have sworn to kill us.

I am not stupid but for the life of me I cannot come up with one bit of freedom I have lost.

I know HK

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

The problem is that I do not see the situation as temporary. If you do, then we can agree to disagree and let time tell which is right.

Ed

The problem is that I do not see the situation as temporary. If you do, then we can agree to disagree and let time tell which is right.

Ed

I am not sure how temporary or long term the Islamic problem will be. I suspect until Christ returns and although I am concerned about the potential of an attack I am more concerned about A Federal Government that would use any excuse as a pretext to attacking one of my freedoms/rights. Remember once a law is passed that strips us of one of our rights the odds of ever getting it reversed is slim and none.

So we agree

to disagree. Terrorism is going to be with us forever. Nothing we do in the ME or anywhere else will solve it. The world, simply, has changed. As I said though, time will tell who is right on this. We each know what we know.

I can see both sides of this situation.

On the one hand we have our freedoms and on the other hand we have the real need to conduct intelligence gathering. I am just not sure they are following the rules. If I understand what is going on here, always debatable, they have re-written the FISA so as to broaden their powers in regards to intercepting telephone communications and emails etc.

Now correct me if I am wrong here but the government agencies had plenty of intel to go on prior to 9-11, just not smart enough to connect the dots, not able to share the intel. So how is this going to prevent another 9-11? The problem is every government agency likes to scoop the other one. They have an mutual distrust of one another and no one likes to have their authority given to another agency. So while they say this is going to only effect calls from outside the US on at least one end of the conversation who knows? A FISA court is a secret court trouble is no one knows if it is following the law or not. If a FISA court authorizes a search of your property you will not know about it until after they have come and gone. We are risking more than our lives by giving up our freedoms a nickle and dime at a time. More and more our freedom is an illusion.

I'm from the government and I'm here to help. Now hand over those firearms. Am I a little paranoid? You bet!

I am not sure how temporary or long term the Islamic problem will be. I suspect until Christ returns and although I am concerned about the potential of an attack I am more concerned about A Federal Government that would use any excuse as a pretext to attacking one of my freedoms/rights. Remember once a law is passed that strips us of one of our rights the odds of ever getting it reversed is slim and none.

that's right. it's just going to be one right after another that is going to be taken away. remember saying the "pledge" in school? I remember there being no problem with saying "one nation under God". this country was founded with God in mind and in heart. so let's take away God from the country, let's listen to their communications, let's put up cameras so we can watch them at all times. what happened to the land of the free?

What made it become terriosm over international crime? We have allways had it and it's not new. Crime is evil and it has been around as long as being good has. It will only cease when humans do.

I would say the body count

is what made it happen. 3,000-odd people who only were taking a business trip or sitting at their desks doing their mundane, non-warmongering jobs. Effectively there is the explicit statement that we will kill your women, children and anyone else we care to unless you _____________ (fill in the blank with the political agenda). If it was just gangs shooting each other, I would agree wholeheartedly that it is Darwinism identifying who we should really target for criminal investigation and prosecution. But, 300+ passengers on airplanes? Secretaries? Waitresses at restaurants? Stock analysts? Foremen and police officers on duty? They did nothing to deserve their fate. To save the conspiracy theorist crap, neither the enmbassy bombings nor the London and Madrid subway bombings were engineered by Dick Cheney, Tony Blair, Jennifer Lopez or the Tripartisan Club. And simply, I don't believe the BS that some group was smart enough to pull all that off and dumb enough to screwup everything else.

I cried when my brothers were killed in the Marine barr. I think evil is bad and the placing a new word on it does no better justice than calling someone mental ill. Evil is evil and ms13 is one of the worst here in the USA.When does a gang become a terrorst group?Alph 66 fighting castro, Reno sending that little boy back.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back