EAA Witness

rtmpgh

anyone have some good info on the EAA Witness

I read an article about a year ago praising the EAA witness. I have no personal experience, however. It seems I have also heard their customer service is not top notch. I would love to have one.

Last edited:
the second pistol I ever bought was an eaa witness full size 45 with the wonder finish.. the whole time I had it it never had a single problem with firing. even with the cheap target ammo. never a single hic up. I sold that one to get some extra money for one of my trips to russia. and last summer I just had to buy it back. not the same one of course but the same configuration as before. I love it and would trust my life with it. it's very accurate and I never doubt how it will perform. it is my primary carry gun right now. I am waiting for a baby desert eagle to come in that I ordered which like the eaa witness is a cz clone. being a "clone" I do prefer the look and feel of both eaa witness and baby desert eagle over the cz. I can't say enough good things about my eaa witness. and the wonder finish gives it a pretty unique look. in my eyes it's beautiful! hope this helps.

Scarecrow,

thanx for the info ... I do like the Wonder finish ... I havent had a chance to take it out to the range
and shoot it yet ....

I am in the process of trying to find a holster I like for it

Scarecrow,

thanx for the info ... I do like the Wonder finish ... I havent had a chance to take it out to the range
and shoot it yet ....

I am in the process of trying to find a holster I like for it

I have 2 holsters I use for mine. both carry holsters. one is a smart carry holster. the other is something inexpensive I found at a gun store in utah. the second one is an iwb that I carry at the small of my back. I would have to say the smart carry is more comfortable though. sometimes I forget I am wearing it. and that is saying something when it comes to a full size steal pistol!

I own a 10mm compact steel blued

EAA doesn't make or import them blued anymore. Wish they did. I have a 10mm compact steel. I like the caliber conversion feature it has. If you want to get one that supports 10mm and .45 ACP, make sure you have the wide frame otherwise it will not accept 10mm or .45 ACP magazines. Best to buy a 10mm or .45 ACP and convert it to the calibers you want. Also, when you buy the 9mm conversion kit, make sure it's for the wide frame pistol that the 10mm and .45 ACP is based otherwise the slide and magazines will not fit.

I have two Witness handguns. A full size Wonder finish in 10mm and an Elite Match in 10mm. Both are great guns. The full-size took about 500 rounds, a 22lb Wolff spring and +15% mag springs before it settled in. Prior I would get 1-2 ftf's in the middle of each magazine. The Match has been flawless although it got the Wolff spring treatments too.

The Match is far more accurate than the full-size, although the full-size has perfectly acceptable accuracy. But where the full-size has a combat group at 25 yards (< 4") the Match has a small group (<2" on a good day). At shorter ranges, the full-size makes a 1"-2" group and the Match makes a ragged hole in the paper. Unless you gotta have DA, the Match is an extra $100 well spent.

I would warn, based on my research that you stay away from the 'rounded' slides in favor of the 'square' ones. For examples of the two compare the Witness P slide to the Witness P-Carry slide on the EAA websight. The 'square' ones are a little rounded still on top, but have far more steel than the 'rounded' ones. The 'rounded' ones have been reported to crack, usually in the 10mm with it's corresponding high velocities and pressures. I beleive at this point none of the steel Witness have the 'rounded' slides, and I no longer see any of the Witness-P's that have them available in 10mm. The P-Carry is available in 10mm, but has the stronger 'square' slide.

I have heard horror stories about EAA customer service. I have required no service on my guns, so I can't comment. I did interact with them while looking for my Match, and the were courteous and professional. I am actually considering picking up a Bounty Hunter from them in either 45LC or 44 Mag.

so you already have a witness? I thought maybe you were doing some research to decide to buy or not to buy. let us know what you think after you've shot it!

originally I was was looking for info before the purchase ... but shortly after I posted this
I was informed that I was being given a Witness .45 ... with the Wonder Finish ...
but I figured I would let the thread go and see what people had to say about it ...

originally I was was looking for info before the purchase ... but shortly after I posted this
I was informed that I was being given a Witness .45 ... with the Wonder Finish ...
but I figured I would let the thread go and see what people had to say about it ...

being given??.. that's a nice gift!

I have three witnesses. One blue .45, one stainless .45 and one blue 9mm. I have only had two problems. The safety on the blue .45 will come off when you pull the trigger a few times and the nine shoots low. Other than that absolutely one of the best firearms ever in my opinion. The only drawback is finding an kydex holster for the .45 for the trip to frontsight. Anyone have any good suggestions? I usually carry in an IWB belt slider but that won't work for frontsight.

eaa/witness 45

i carry 2 witness 45 and have had them for a long time and had never had any problems at all. they shoot great and never had a jam with the exception of poor magazines. the factory mags are the only way to go and you will have no problems. i trust them with my life and my families.

I've owned a .45 Witness for more than 10 years now and REALLY like it. It is a bit big but it hasn't ever failed me, no matter what I've fed it. The only thing I've ever had to replace on it is the recoil spring and it was a quick and painless call to EAA away. I picked up a .38 Super conversion several years ago for it and, after the stupid magazine ban sunsetted, I grabbed a half dozen of the high cap factory .38 Super mags for it. 21 rounds of Corbon's finest 125gr .38 Super loads throwing Speer Flying Ashtrays at over 1300fps makes it one heck of a pistol to fight your way to the home defense shotgun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back