Dumbest HR Complaint ever!

Harassment in the work place is a very broad and vague. Best thing to do is to is bite your tongue and drop it. You can be terminated for it. Obviously if you were working in a place where firearms related to the business the complaint would have little to no merit. However you don't.

Harassment in the work place is a very broad and vague. Best thing to do is to is bite your tongue and drop it. You can be terminated for it. Obviously if you were working in a place where firearms related to the business the complaint would have little to no merit. However you don't.

I know the only thing I can do is just keep hush hush about it. I really don't have any recourse. I think it is unfair that I have to give up my right more or less for freedom of speech, and have to change who I am as a person, because of one D.U.M.B Tree huger. I don't agree with the verdict nor the complaint. I never spoke about my hobby in a violent manner, I only spoke about the hobby itself. I really do wish there was something I could do within the company instead of just taking it. I do plan to take it like a man, I just wish there was something that could be done about it. Losing really isn't something I'd like to do here, I can't stand this person haha. Not to sound like a cry baby or anything.

Time to play the victim card

I know the only thing I can do is just keep hush hush about it. I really don't have any recourse. I think it is unfair that I have to give up my right more or less for freedom of speech, and have to change who I am as a person, because of one D.U.M.B Tree huger. I don't agree with the verdict nor the complaint. I never spoke about my hobby in a violent manner, I only spoke about the hobby itself. I really do wish there was something I could do within the company instead of just taking it. I do plan to take it like a man, I just wish there was something that could be done about it. Losing really isn't something I'd like to do here, I can't stand this person haha. Not to sound like a cry baby or anything.

It has worked for liberals for years. You are the victim of a ruthless and untruthful attack on your gredibility and integrity. Let HR know that you feel as if you have been victimized by your co-workers and that you are definitely in the minority. Also have HR compare your work record to theirs. If you are anything less than a quality individual you would not be in the line of work you are in. Also ask them to show you in the employee policy handbook where it is a forbidden subject. Make sure you have a copy first and then when you have proved your case...go lawyer up and own that damn place for discrimination!

Sooooo I come in the office this morning (first day in this week due to illness) and get immediately stopped by my manager. He informs me that a fellow employee (he even told me their name), logged a formal complaint against me with HR. I was shocked, I said what for. He started to laugh and said "For talking about firearms". I said you have got to be kidding me! I went down to HR and spoke to them about it and yup! I am now in trouble for talking about firearms. Can you believe that shit? Like because I speak about my hobby with other people whom I'm friends with here. I am so heated right now.
I, too, work at a place where conversations about firearms are limited, because the chatter 'frightened':hang3: another employee. So we changed to code words, like 'flashlights':pleasantry: (handguns), 'spotlights':pleasantry: (rifles), 'batteries':pleasantry: (ammo), etc. The next few conversations were interesting, and reported. However, HR tolerates the code words, and it makes the reporter seem foolish. I've taken to carrying a real flashlight just 'because'.

:sarcastic:

Everyone in here can quote 2A word for word even down to the commas and periods but most seem to have never even read 1A.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Where does it say eimployers unless your employer is CONGRESS.

I'm in a place like that as well. We are supposed to report anyone who talks excessivly about guns. Luckily the few people in our group either talks guns everyday or likes to hear about them. Any person walking by, though, could have us turned in to be examined for being fit to work around others. We have to take annual training courses on how to watch out for people like us. :biggrin: The irony is: I work for a company that makes/designs military weapons. go figure.

I honestly don't understand how merely talking about something from a hobby perspective (the conversation was never violent) can get you in trouble to where you "CAN'T" talk about it anymore. I feel as if I am the one who should be making the stink here. I have another appointment with HR next week. I wonder what’s going to happen. I have the NRA Logo and 2A as my desktop backgrounds and I refuse to take those down.

I honestly don't understand how merely talking about something from a hobby perspective (the conversation was never violent) can get you in trouble to where you "CAN'T" talk about it anymore. I feel as if I am the one who should be making the stink here. I have another appointment with HR next week. I wonder what’s going to happen. I have the NRA Logo and 2A as my desktop backgrounds and I refuse to take those down.

Get that resume updated! Good luck with HR.

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. Where I work, We talk about firearms and related topics all the time.
Most of the people I work with have their CCW including several of the bosses.

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. Where I work, We talk about firearms and related topics all the time.
Most of the people I work with have their CCW including several of the bosses.

Me, too. Our GM is the biggest gun nut of all! He doesn't flaunt it, but when the subject comes up, he will certainly join in the discussion. I even spent close to an hour in his office discussing the company policy against guns in the office (because I want one in my desk), which led into a general conversation about guns, practicing, licensing, etc. He's probably got more guns than anyone else that works here (well over 300 people).

Me, too. Our GM is the biggest gun nut of all! He doesn't flaunt it, but when the subject comes up, he will certainly join in the discussion. I even spent close to an hour in his office discussing the company policy against guns in the office (because I want one in my desk), which led into a general conversation about guns, practicing, licensing, etc. He's probably got more guns than anyone else that works here (well over 300 people).

Our CEO is a hunter, but yet we have a no firearm policy (I guess I shouldn't be surprised its PRMA). I told HR I wouldn't change who I was and firearms would remain part of my topics I talk about with my friends (whom are all firearm nuts like all of us here). I just can't say anything in front of the dumb B**** that got offended by the word firearm. Like OHHHHHHH NOOOOOO HE SAID GUN! Please! You guys should see this person's desk. The bigget NOBAMA MAMA Lover! Everything on her desk is OBAMA. Haha Ohhhh How I love PRMA!

I work at a University and every door is posted with a "Do Not Carry sign"

But, there is probably enough fire power in the parking lot to handle any situation.

We have about 25 employees in the Physical Plant and my Carpenter has a "Got Sig" poster on his work bench.

In the lunch room we discuss hunting, fishing and shooting about 90% of the time.

Some of our main topics is "whens the next advanced CC class, or do you want to meet at the sportsmans club and do some shooting this weekend?

I have a weekly meeting with the Director of the department, and usually our conversation turns from work to shooting or hunting. He had hunted for 22 years and never got a deer, I started working there 7 years ago and now he gets a deer about every year since.

I have been coaching him, and showing him the fine art of black powder shooting.

No better way to practice one shot one kill.

I work at a University and every door is posted with a "Do Not Carry sign"

But, there is probably enough fire power in the parking lot to handle any situation.

At the college where I work it is about the same way. Out of the 6 top officials at the college 3 of them have CWP and I know two more carry a gun in their car on campus even though it may be illegal. At least 1/3 of the staff is also armed. At the elementary school where my wife teaches three of the teachers are married to LEO and they along with many other teachers keep a gun in their car. This is strictly illegal but at lesat around here the thought is bahave yourself and it will be our little secret. :no:

Only in America

This is the first time I have ever heard of you can,t talk about guns in a work place! I,ve worked for 30+years and have always been able to talk about anything I wanted to. One day we will wake up and find ourselves like Russia. This is wrong!

This is the first time I have ever heard of you can,t talk about guns in a work place! I,ve worked for 30+years and have always been able to talk about anything I wanted to. One day we will wake up and find ourselves like Russia. This is wrong!

I agree that the gun talk ban is pretty dumb but ever been around some wimmins at work when they start talking about their "biological" problems. :cray: As a male you either have to leave or tell them to shut up. :wacko: :biggrin:

Last edited:
I once worked at a place and they had a bulliten boardwhereyou can post events orthings for sale. I wanted to post an ad for an upcoming gun show and they said I couldn't because it was promoting violence.

I agree that the gun talk ban is pretty dumb but ever been around some wimmins at work when they start talking about their "biological" problems. :cray: As a male you either have to leave or tell them to shut up. :wacko: :biggrin:

Touche! I'm a woman and I really don't care one whit about another woman's "periodical." Why should I? My first hubby talked about nothing but cars and engines 24/7/365. That was annoying. Anything obsessive is annoying. Anything but 2A and firearms, that is not obsessive :no: that's DYNAMITE!:biggrin::lol:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back