Draco AK

OldSoul

I realize this gun is considered a pistol but is it something you could carry with a carry permit? Just being curious.

Probably depends on your state laws, but sure, why not. If you can conceal it (or open carry where available), shouldn't be a legal problem. They're so much more fun SBR'd though :D

Yes, you can carry it, atf says that it is a pistol.... That being said, it would be really hard to conceal unless you are wearing a trenchcoat or something.

I have seen them carried in a tennis racquet case.

Luckily we are able to open carry in Tennessee. My fear would be a tree hugging liberal would call the police on me and I would spend the next 3 hours pleading my case.

Luckily we are able to open carry in Tennessee. My fear would be a tree hugging liberal would call the police on me and I would spend the next 3 hours pleading my case.

I'll tell you why I'm asking if the answer is "No," but if it's "Yes," you may understand - Is your name by any chance Leonard?

Blues

It would be irresponsible to carry one. It is more of an area suppression tool.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It would be irresponsible to carry one. It is more of an area suppression tool.

Exactly, although it may be legal, if you carry one of those on your person, your just being a smartass, in the car/truck OK but not to walk around with

It is a very awkward gun to shoot.

The only reason to carry one is that you want to spend your day answering the question:

"Is that a thirty round magazine in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

My name isn't Leonard. What's the story?

Sorry to sound so cryptic, but when you mentioned carrying the Draco and being in Tennessee, I thought you might be a guy named Leonard Embody, known as "kwikrnu" on his YouTube channel. He's a guy who purposely pushes the limits of the law in order to generate a police response. Some people do that kind of thing for educational purposes, and some probably are thinking in terms of making a payday for themselves through lawsuits. I lean a bit towards Embody probably being in the latter group, but heck, I don't know the guy personally, and I try not to ascribe the motivations and intentions of people I don't know.

Anyway, one of his cases from back in 2011 involved him carrying a Draco (openly) in the Radnor Lake State Natural Area in or near Nashville when he was first (illegally) detained by Park Rangers who in turn called in Nashville (I think) PD. He (audio only) recorded the whole thing, which you can listen to here.

Embody is an FFL who deals mostly in suppressors, so his YouTube channel isn't just about LEO encounters, there's lots of gear demonstrations and reviews in there too. He represents himself in any court hearings that ensue out of his LEO encounters, and there's audio near the top of that list of one hearing for OC'ing a suppressed AR around downtown Nashville that's pretty interesting. He wasn't really OC'ing, that's just what he got arrested and charged for, but he makes and markets a Kydex case that is vacuum-formed around the rifle, and he was carrying his (unloaded) AR in one of those cases. From a distance, I guess the case looks just like an AR, which I suppose is why he made it, so it would (technically) comply with TN law concerning carry of a rifle on foot, but still generate the cop encounters he seems to want to happen. There's also audio of all the interactions with cops that led to that court case. Take a gander. He's a fairly interesting guy.

That's why I was asking - someone asking about carrying a Draco who is from TN just seemed a bit of a coincidence - but obviously that's all it was, so there ya go, you can learn from Embody what the law allows in TN concerning carrying the Draco.

Blues

Sounds like an interesting guy. Must just be a mindset in people around this area. My father in law routinely carries an ak47 with a 75 round drum in a gun rack of his truck. Legally might I add.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back