Don't taze me, sonny?

ishi

Here's an interesting one: Chicago police Link Removedwho was swinging a hammer. Sure, swinging a hammer at cops is a bad idea... I have to wonder how hard is it to disarm a 82-year old? I don't know, maybe she was a very sprightly octogenarian?

:confused:

I've known some older folks who could do some serious harm if need be..don't know abt this lady's ability tho..maybe it was "justified"??

Hammer time!

Okay, somebody had to say it...

Link Removed

mariohammers.png

Here's an interesting one: Chicago police Link Removedwho was swinging a hammer. Sure, swinging a hammer at cops is a bad idea... I have to wonder how hard is it to disarm a 82-year old? I don't know, maybe she was a very sprightly octogenarian?

She was probably "hammered" at the time. :D

I would have thought she could be easily detained. It is possible, I suppose, that tazing her could have hurt her less than physically detaining her. She has already been released from the hospital. Had they tried to take the hammer away from her she might have suffered broken bones, etc. Just an idea. I can't really see me tazing an 82 year old woman.

It's easy to sit here and second guess police officers after the fact. Age does not necessarily mean a person is weak. I've gone to a rodeo where a 61 year old lady was entered in the saddle bronc contest, she got thrown from her horse before the end of her ride, got up, dusted herself off and gave a wave to the crowd. And from looking at her, she could kick a lot of younger men's asses.

If anyone knows the story of Trooper Vetter and Melvin Hale (72). While initiating a traffic stop Hale pulled a rifle and shot Trooper Vetter. Vetter died 5 days later from his wounds.

I think it was more humane than pepper spray,both could have caused death in a ill person< so could a hammer.

82 year old

I would have thought she could be easily detained. It is possible, I suppose, that tazing her could have hurt her less than physically detaining her. She has already been released from the hospital. Had they tried to take the hammer away from her she might have suffered broken bones, etc. Just an idea. I can't really see me tazing an 82 year old woman.

I agree, on the other hand I can't see letting someone hit me in the head with a hammer either.

Hammer

I can't make a judgment call, as I was not there, but if I could have subdued the woman by other means I would have certainly done so.

Any police officer who is unable use his strength to subdue an unarmed 82-year-old woman, whether she's wielding a hammer or not, is not someone I'm sure I'd want on the police department.

She was not unarmed. Just look at my thumb to see what a little ald hammer can do. I think some drugs and anger can do a lot.

She was not unarmed. Just look at my thumb to see what a little ald hammer can do. I think some drugs and anger can do a lot.

I agree. Try and take a hammer on the plane the next time you fly. In truth she is lucky that they didn't shoot her.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back