Don't mess with a 65 yo man with a gun

DrDavidM

This is a brave man. I think I would have just given them the money, but then you never know what will happen next.

Link Removed

especially with a gun pointed at your head and four others surrounding you, I think i wound have handed them the money also and figured i made out ok.

He saved his life. That is what it is all about. Action is quicker than reaction. Good job Sir.

The part that bothers me about letting the BG's get away is how I would feel if the next victom is killed by them.

...it was not known if any of them were hit by bullets.

That's pretty much the only unfortunate part of this story. Maybe someone else will get them next time.

Well, it's hard to say. That would take a lot of guts - with four of them, you'd be stressed out and nervous. It would be hard to pull it off.

Don't take any of the following as gospel; it's just my thinking, and what I've observed, generally speaking. The thing about large numbers (more than one or two) is that they tend to react more slowly - in a four-person gang, a single gunman will take a little longer to shoot than if he acts alone. He might be subconsciously looking for cues from other members, or might not be fully prepared, because he's not expecting an attack against a group. If you give up the cash, though, they're more likely to commit violence against you afterwards, because they have safety in numbers and little to lose. However, if you defend yourself and you get one or two of them running, the rest are likely to follow. They'll all follow each other like frightened birds. A single person or two people will react more quickly to an initial attack, but be more likely to just run away afterwards.

So, while it sounds counterintuitive, it probably pays to fight back against a gang, but you might want to weigh your options when it comes to one or two people. If a single guy robbed me, and he seemed experienced, I'd probably just give him $40 or whatever cash I've got, then be ready to defend against a parting attack. Getting killed isn't worth any amount of money.

Colorado could have been a lot worst if they had not prepared. This young man warned them he would do something. Yes you are right with you question.Where was God then and many other times in history?I can't give an answer to you ,I gust know that we must be willing to fill in the gaps.JMOP

Colorado

Colorado could have been a lot worst if they had not prepared. This young man warned them he would do something. Yes you are right with you question.Where was God then and many other times in history?I can't give an answer to you ,I gust know that we must be willing to fill in the gaps.JMOP

+1. I agree. Bad things sometimes happen to good people. As the scripture says "In this world you have tribulation, but I have over come". The shooter in Colorado and those he killed are both gone. Most likely to vastly different places though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back