Don’t Fix A Problem That Does Not Exist - National Park CCW

Red Hat

Typicle anti-gun BS. If you are going to write an article you should at least know what you are writing about. Read the comments at the bottom.

Link Removed

Thursday, October 23, 2008
Don’t fix a problem that does not exist

The Issue: A proposal would allow people to carry concealed weapons at some national parks and wildlife refuges.

Our Opinion: There is no need to lift the ban on concealed weapons, which has been in place for 25 years.

HK4U

So Rangers are advised to wear bullet proof vests because crime is so low? Makes perfect sense to me.:wacko:

Scarecrow

at least there are people with a brain leaving comments there... too bad the person who wrote the article has none.

PascalFleischman

So Rangers are advised to wear bullet proof vests because crime is so low? Makes perfect sense to me.:wacko:

head-in-sand.jpg

aboveandbeyond

I find the notion that guns in the park will somehow increase violence over camping spots, etc hard to believe. In an area where there are already machetes, knives, axes, clubs, poles and rope- nobody gives a second thought to any of those items. And even if things did degenerate into violence, the presence of just hand weapons and no guns ensures that only the physically strong and/or numerous win, whether they are morally right or wrong.

capo2186

This article made me laugh. Whoever wrote it has no brain. I am glad the comments on this article proved him to be a moron.

Very good point on "if the park is safe, why do rangers wear a BP vest and carry a firearm?" hmmmmm expecting the possibility of trouble?

Brady bunch clowns need to wake up and smell what they shoveling

Mass could use a wake-up call as well...not to get off topic...but it are states like my own who heavily infringe upon our rights.

capo2186

lol I love trees! They make great lumber, firewood and tree houses but I don't feel the need to hug one. :wink:

The problem is there's too many Tree huggers in the debate over CC in Nat Parks!

Gotta love them Tree Huggers....well not really

gdcleanfun

Banned
Well, I suppose I'm a different kind of a tree hugger. I'm not a John Denver type fanatic. I won't try to save a tree if it means being a fanatic. I just love the green and love the smell. We're presently living in the desert. We're not desert rats, but because of an obligation to my son to finish his last year of High School here, well, we are stuck, so to speak. I miss the green! In my case I guess you could say it's like a homesickness. I can't wait to get the heck out of the bowels of the Mojave Desert and hug the nearest tree! :lol:

HK4U

Well, I suppose I'm a different kind of a tree hugger. I'm not a John Denver type fanatic. I won't try to save a tree if it means being a fanatic. I just love the green and love the smell. We're presently living in the desert. We're not desert rats, but because of an obligation to my son to finish his last year of High School here, well, we are stuck, so to speak. I miss the green! In my case I guess you could say it's like a homesickness. I can't wait to get the heck out of the bowels of the Mojave Desert and hug the nearest tree! :lol:

And hugging a cactus can be a bad experience.:lol:

Red Hat

I can relate to what you are going through. In 1971 I was stationed at Laredo AFB, TX and I couldn't wait until I was on leave to get back to some real nature. I was so tired of Cacti and rattle snakes... Anyway back to the topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamike