Don't CC to Tea Party protest

iteclab

iteclab
Reportedly, Homeland Security, under Janet Napolitano, has sent out warnings to Police departments accusing a wide variety of people (pro-gun, ex-military, anti-illegal immigration, anto-abortion, etc.) to be a threat. I would bet there will be a lot of undercover police and agitators from ACORN, LA RAZA, etc. to disrupt the Tea Parties. They may even be inadvertently working together to flush out the 'radicals.'

I'm sure the majority of the press will ignore the Tea Parties unless there is trouble, which would make the news and make the 'anti-tax' protesters look like a bunch of radicals or at the very least, foolish."

Could you imagine if someone brushed up against you with your CC and shouted "GUN!!"

So, if you're going to go to a Tea Party protest, don't carry at all. Or else, just don't go. Yes, you do have every right, but it could be your demise and possibly bring more excuses to fight against our rights.

Comments?

Reportedly, Homeland Security, under Janet Napolitano, has sent out warnings to Police departments accusing a wide variety of people (pro-gun, ex-military, anti-illegal immigration, anto-abortion, etc.) to be a threat. I would bet there will be a lot of undercover police and agitators from ACORN, LA RAZA, etc. to disrupt the Tea Parties. They may even be inadvertently working together to flush out the 'radicals.'

I'm sure the majority of the press will ignore the Tea Parties unless there is trouble, which would make the news and make the 'anti-tax' protesters look like a bunch of radicals or at the very least, foolish."

Could you imagine if someone brushed up against you with your CC and shouted "GUN!!"

So, if you're going to go to a Tea Party protest, don't carry at all. Or else, just don't go. Yes, you do have every right, but it could be your demise and possibly bring more excuses to fight against our rights.

Comments?

I would say leave it in your car. I will be in Port Angeles at Veterans Park at 12:00 noon not carrying.

I think you're overreacting a bit, but that's just my opinion. Besides, when I carry concealed it's concealed. I go to extra lengths not to print ever.

Some states restrict carrying during protests and gathering in public parks. before you carry know the law in your state

If it's legal, carry. Just be careful about use of force, brandishing, etc. There MAY be agitators, just don't fall for it. Keep your cool, don't react. video is your friend, so bring cameras, use the police, they will be there in force.

I was talking with my wife today; I am going to a TEA party, but on CC. We have a government looking for excuses to slap us down. THIS is not the time to try to prove a point. DO NOT let them make the argument that those against taxes are not considering armed insurrection.

If you gotta carry, leave it in the car.

If it's legal, carry. Just be careful about use of force, brandishing, etc. There MAY be agitators, just don't fall for it. Keep your cool, don't react. video is your friend, so bring cameras, use the police, they will be there in force.

Why try to force the issue?

I meant to say "no" CC.

I say there will be other times to prove our point. Let's prove it on taxes this time; 2A issues should be ongoing discussions with your elected reps.

For those who doubt Obama's on the hunt for you

"Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

Read it for yourself:

Link Removed

and

Link Removed

Last edited:
Legal in Minnesota, although at the State Capital you have not notify DPS of your intent to carry in state buildings. If you go in. Yes, I will CC.

Rockwerks, it's legal in Idaho, and my post shows where I live so I do know the law. You do what you want, I could care less. As I said I was giving my opinion. You're free to disregard it if you wish, but don't try and tell me what I can and can not do, please.

The reason for these tea parties is too many folks trying to tell everyone how to live. I refuse to be cowered by this Administration's fear tactics and their lapdog media getting all hyper about it and trying to sway public opinion that there is some threat out there to law and order.

I think you're overreacting a bit, but that's just my opinion. Besides, when I carry concealed it's concealed. I go to extra lengths not to print ever.

Yeah, no kidding. What if you're not made, but someone near you is, and you are caught in a revolt, fearing for your life? It'd sure be bad if you had no means of defense.

If you don't live in a state with "public gathering" or park prohibitions, there's no reason why you shouldn't carry. And if you do live in one of these places, "concealed means concealed."

legal in Arizona

In fact I was thinking of open carrying. :biggrin:

Link Removed

13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions
A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:
1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

F. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage.

10. Unless specifically authorized by law, entering any public establishment or attending any public event and carrying a deadly weapon on his person after a reasonable request by the operator of the establishment or the sponsor of the event or the sponsor's agent to remove his weapon and place it in the custody of the operator of the establishment or the sponsor of the event for temporary and secure storage of the weapon pursuant to section 13-3102.01;

2. "Public event" means a specifically named or sponsored event of limited duration that is either conducted by a public entity or conducted by a private entity with a permit or license granted by a public entity. Public event does not include an unsponsored gathering of people in a public place.

Don't CC to a Tea Party

Open your eyes, folks. History teachers have hidden the truth about the straw that broke the camel's back. Sure, the British taxation of stamps, paper, tea and more did get the colonists riled up, but the spark that ignited the American revolution was the attempt by the British to take the guns from the colonists. The book, 'The Dangerous Book for Boys,' by the Iggulden brothers, in the section on great battles, tells the story of the Battles at Concord and Lexington. Hear now the truth. On April 18, 1775, a force of 800 British soldiers under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith, left Boston, enroute to capture a cache of weapons hidden in Concord by the colonial militia. Unbeknownst to the British, the colonists had moved the supply of weapons when it was revealed the British troops were on their way to seize the weapons. The reaction of the colonists resulted in a series of battles near Boston on April 19, 1775, in towns like Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Menotony, which we now call Arlington, and Cambridge. So, while the taxation issues loaded the gun and filled the frizzen, the attempt by the British to take our guns was the event that pulled the trigger and threw the colonies into a pitched battle for their survival as a free people. It is my opinion that we face the same issue today, that of our government taxing us into the poorhouse, and then planning to take our guns so that we have no defense or means of redressing totalitarian actions.

I carry but do not break any laws. If I CAN carry, I do. And it makes no difference if it's a trip to the grocery store or a tea party. I know the Florida laws about carrying, and as long as I abide by these laws, I'm not worrying about a problem.

So thank you for the advice, but there is no reason, or sense, to have a permit if you don't use it.

JJFlash

Random thoughts...

1. As noted, some states prohibit carry at public events, so check...
2. I appreciate valid arguments against carrying (printing, getting harassed, focus on taxes, etc.)
3. If you do carry (it's an individual decision), and are harassed, remember it's "fear for your life", not fear of being harassed.

Here's where I am: I'm licensed to carry, it's legal to carry, and I don't care what some left-wing agitator has to say about it. Let 'em yell "gun", so what? Maybe they need to know who they're dealing with if the shit hits the fan in this country, which I suspect it might at some point in the future. Live free or die.

I carried to my Tea Party. And I saw many other people there that I know personally, and I know they were carrying too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back