Dog Chapman Goes On Racist Rant - Fired From A&E

BluesStringer

Les Brers
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/dog_bounty_hunter_racial_slur_tape/celebrity/64325

Bummer, I kind of liked him in a cartoon caricature kind of way. I don't think I've ever taken The Enquirer's word for anything before, but the audio the above URL links to is unmistakably Dog's voice. Too bad, but he's toast, and it looks like one of his own kids is responsible for the recording.

Blues

Jc40

I heard it on the radio this morning.It was his kid that taped the conversation and then sold it to the media.All the stations are saying that he is toast now and this is definately going to ruin his career.

They said the same thing about Don Imus and he just signed a multi-year multi million dollar per year contract. I've never seen this bozo's show but I won't shed any tears if he never returns to the airways. People like this drag our culture into the sewer.

I have never seen the show and from what I have seen of him I have not missed much.
However it is a bummer that his own kid sold him out. There must not have been much of a relationship there.

What you say to your kids can sometimes come back and bite you in the rear. Dog just learned that simple fact. Telling his son to get rid of his girl friend is a small mistake. Using racial slurs doing it is unforgivable.

The truly ironic thing is that Dog spent a good portion of that rant emphatically telling his kid that he would "never in life....NEVER!" let the racial slurs that obviously run rampant around that office, destroy everything they've worked for 30 years to build. Kind of poetic justice I suppose, but I still feel a tinge of sympathy for him because his own kid turned on him so completely.

Blues

Thought police?

I do not care much for Dog, his family, or his show, but I find it interesting that something said in a private phone converstion, can be used against you in terminating your employment. I doubt that that there is anyone out there that could stand that close an examination into thier private lives, or private phone conversations. If this were a black television personality talking trash about whites, hispanics, or asians, would they be getting the same treatment, I doubt it. Seems that the same standards are not applied equally to everyone. I am not the least bit surprised about his language, as excons are not known to be politically correct. And what ever happened to freedom of speech in this country, what is next the thought police. If so we are all in trouble.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

I used to watch his show quite often, I viewed the show as mindless entertainment, I always had him figured as a loose cannon.:rolleyes:

His show seems pretty idiotic, so I doubt the world is being deprived of anything useful.

That said, I think there are laws against recording a private phone conversation without the knowledge of the other party. Anybody?

I think he had given up his right to own firearms. Moral fiber not good. Sure did not sound like a man of faith.

....I think there are laws against recording a private phone conversation without the knowledge of the other party. Anybody?

I saw his (Dog's) lawyer being interviewed on Hannity & Colmes I think it was, and that question came up. He said that as long as the person doing the recording is a party to the conversation, then the other party need not be informed of the recording. That's my understanding of how most jurisdictions work as well.

I think he had given up his right to own firearms. Moral fiber not good. Sure did not sound like a man of faith.

He's an ex-felon, so yes, his 2nd Amendment rights have, and continue to be after thirty years as a productive member of society, forfeited.

As to his faith, all I can go by is his willingness to unabashedly proclaim it in every episode that I watched, which is probably around half of 'em over the last couple or three years. The family gathers in a circle and says a prayer before going on the hunt. I suppose it's a valid point to see the dichotomy of him being so out front in his Christianity, but swearing like a drunken sailor all the time, and now this. Not being a man of faith myself, and only going by what I hear from people who claim to be, no one is without sin. Chapman has asked for forgiveness, apologized profusely, sought counsel from his preacher, who by the way, happens to be black, and he's promised that no matter what happens with his A&E gig, he has said his last cuss word and his last racial slur. Would've been nice if he had had that epiphany before this all blew up, but it is what it is. From what little I know of Christianity, redemption is free for the taking for all who sincerely ask for it. He has. Are people of high faith supposed to be unforgiving when their God promises to be all-forgiving? That seems no less a dichotomy to me than being a believer but also having a loud and dirty mouth.

Blues

I don't agree with what he said and feel the apology was in order once it went public, but this was a private conversation and I think it is crap it is hurting his career.

I have watched his show a couple of time and didn't care for it, but it is his life and livelyhood and think he should have the right to sue the paper for releasing the tape.

These papers say that the public has the right to know about people in the public eye, but I really don't care and think it is none of my business what people do off camera.

I heard his lawyer being interviewed. His lawyer is African American. He and his wife were wed by an African American Pastor.

How racist can he be? Hey, he got p.o.ed at his kid.

Probably the first parent in history to ever do that. :D

Dog

What you say to your kids can sometimes come back and bite you in the rear. Dog just learned that simple fact. Telling his son to get rid of his girl friend is a small mistake. Using racial slurs doing it is unforgivable.

What he did was wrong but if it was the other way around, if he was black and made slurs against someone that is white calling them cracker or white trash etc. would there be this kind of out cry? I feel there is a great double standered in this country.

What he did was wrong but if it was the other way around, if he was black and made slurs against someone that is white calling them cracker or white trash etc. would there be this kind of out cry? I feel there is a great double standered in this country.

KH4U, I agree with you to an extent. This should be a two way street, however, racism in this case was quite evident. Dog was trying to make his son leave his girlfriend only because she's black. In doing so he used some racially charged references that were unnecessary and now he's paying a price for it. Once you become a celebrity many people may look up to you, including kids. Is this the kind of "hero" you want your kids to follow?

Dog

KH4U, I agree with you to an extent. This should be a two way street, however, racism in this case was quite evident. Dog was trying to make his son leave his girlfriend only because she's black. In doing so he used some racially charged references that were unnecessary and now he's paying a price for it. Once you become a celebrity many people may look up to you, including kids. Is this the kind of "hero" you want your kids to follow?

No he is not an example I would want any one to emulate. On the other hand when The Al Sharptens and Jessie Jacksons can go on a rant about some white students that were supposed to have raped a stripper before all the facts were in and then when her story turns out to be a load of dung you never here an apoligy, we are at a point in this country were we "...strain at a gnat and swallow a camel' Matthew 23:24.

No he is not an example I would want any one to emulate. On the other hand when The Al Sharptens and Jessie Jacksons can go on a rant about some white students that were supposed to have raped a stripper before all the facts were in and then when her story turns out to be a load of dung you never here an apoligy, we are at a point in this country were we "...strain at a gnat and swallow a camel' Matthew 23:24.

As stated before I do agree with you. I don't think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are "heros" either. EVERYONE should be held accountable for their actions.

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can not. What happened to the 1st. amenment. This is bs as is all name calling. Actions speak louder than words. Words are just words. ( DOG GONE)

Jc40

I think that is is all sensationalism at it`s finest.There aren`t many people in this world that have never said something racist at one point and time in their life,even sharpton or jackson and this is just another thing for people like that to run their ignorant mouths and get publicity.If Dogs punishment is that he looses his show,so be it and get on with more important things.Any public figure should know they have to be extra careful with what they say or do because someone is always watching.:eek:

I think that is is all sensationalism at it`s finest.There aren`t many people in this world that have never said something racist at one point and time in their life,even sharpton or jackson and this is just another thing for people like that to run their ignorant mouths and get publicity.If Dogs punishment is that he looses his show,so be it and get on with more important things.Any public figure should know they have to be extra careful with what they say or do because someone is always watching.:eek:

This may very well be true, however, once you become a celebrity your life is an open book. Your being watched and the first time you screw up it's going to be all over the news. This is the reason a celebrity, or politician, should be extremely carefull of how they act and speak. Not to mention the fact that kids may look up to them as "heros".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back