Does this make the "victim" the "criminal"?

asaling

I got the email below from a friend. After laughing, I thought to myself, if this is a true story, this guy (initial victim) could be in some real legal trouble!

It's funny none the less!

:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:
[AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2010-05-27, 1 :43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason. My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 ...45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!
I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex
P.S. Remember this motto ... An armed society makes for a more civil society!]

This has been thoroughly debunked all over the internet and yes had the author's character done half of the things claimed he would have crossed the line and became a criminal himself.

All in all a poor example for a permit holder to follow

Funny

I don't think there's any truth to the post. I think it was intended as "humor". It was funny. I enjoyed it but I don't advise anyone to do it. All the mugger has to do is stop a passerby and have them dial 911 and claim he was robbed.

Who Cares, It's Hilarious

LOVED IT! Far from a true experience but hilarious! On a serious note, I was always told if you pull your firearm, it's to shoot, not to scare or intimidate. Just my 2 cents.

LOVED IT! Far from a true experience but hilarious! On a serious note, I was always told if you pull your firearm, it's to shoot, not to scare or intimidate. Just my 2 cents.

Your not the only one who was told that. If I have to pull it out it is going Bang if it goes click I should have chosen a different gun or brand of bullets.

Over 90% of events where armed citizens "used" a gun in self-defense, no shots were fired. Most threats are stopped by simply presenting, or verbally threatening to use, a firearm.

"Despite this stated willingness of gun owners to shoot under certain circumstances, most defensive uses of guns do not in fact involve shooting anyone. Data from the National Self-Defense Survey indicate that no more than 8% of the 2.5 million annual defensive gun uses involved a defender who claimed to have shot their adversaries, or about 200,000 total."
http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/kleck2.html

probably not true but very funny. oh i can say that last summer while my wife and myself were in our car we were confronted by a deranged male who at least had the brains to go the other way when he saw my gun pointed at him. guess he was not ready to meet his maker and be told that where he would be going warm clothing or a coat would not be necessary.

Troll alert-Armed robbery and asking to be prosecuted

1. The story looks contrived.
2. If true, it is a nice confession for the prosecutor outlining armed robbery, identity theft, vandalism, and other crimes. Why vandalize a stranger's car? That is a crime that could cause the loss of firearm ownership for life.

Seriously, not all situations require you to discharge your firearm. You will have to explain your actions to the police. One possible outcome could be that the thug attempting to rob you sees you go for your weapon stops the attack and starts to run away. Are you going to shoot him in the back as he retreats? Yes, he probably has it coming for choosing such a dangerous line of work but at this point he is no longer a threat. And that's what you want, to stop the threat.

There are many instances where this could go against you and you would receive matching bracelets as a consolation prize. Granted there is no such thing as a "textbook" mugging. Encounters are dynamic and have many variables which is why we train and then train some more. Some people train only to shoot but I think training when not to shoot is important too.

There have been many cases where the would be victim was charged for a questionable shoot. I don't want to be that guy.

Obviously, this was meant to be "tounge in cheek" by the original author and I simply passed it along for the humor.

Aparently, some of us here can't read into that and take everything very literal or maybe the title I gave it was misleading.

Sorry for any confusion it may have caused.:sarcastic:

Seriously, not all situations require you to discharge your firearm. You will have to explain your actions to the police. One possible outcome could be that the thug attempting to rob you sees you go for your weapon stops the attack and starts to run away. Are you going to shoot him in the back as he retreats? Yes, he probably has it coming for choosing such a dangerous line of work but at this point he is no longer a threat. And that's what you want, to stop the threat.

There are many instances where this could go against you and you would receive matching bracelets as a consolation prize. Granted there is no such thing as a "textbook" mugging. Encounters are dynamic and have many variables which is why we train and then train some more. Some people train only to shoot but I think training when not to shoot is important too.

There have been many cases where the would be victim was charged for a questionable shoot. I don't want to be that guy.

I agree with you 100%. If I have time to warn the bg that I have a firearm, or the act of going for a firearm, or actually drawing and aiming deters the him, I'm all for not shooting. I agree there are many variables that will come into that split second decision to pull the trigger or not. I don't want to kill anyone, especially in todays society where it could be twisted and as you mentioned, get charged for a "questionable shoot." What I'm saying, and I'm sure all those who frequent this site would agree, if you have purchased a firearm for personal protection and taken the course to legally conceal carry, you better be willing to pull the trigger to save your life or the lives of your family. Before we had kids, my wife said she would never shoot someone. She said she would rather die than to kill someone else. Now that we have kids, she says that has changed and she would shoot anyone, in a heartbeat, who tried to harm one of our children. I guess that's what I was getting at with my last post; I wouldn't ask my wife to conceal carry, regardless of where we lived or where she was going, if she wasn't willing to pull the trigger. Most bg's would probably run at the sight of a gun but for the ones who won't, an armed citzen with a gun who won't pull the trigger is just adding an extra weapon to an already dangerous to the situation.

That's the real "key"! If you are determined enough to have a weapon to protect yourself, you had BEST be prepared to back up your "show of force".

My wife was the first to suggest we get CC permits. I asked her up front if she would be willing to use it. No problem with her. (She's an ex-Marine, too.)

GG

GUYS IT'S a Joke But I lOVE it.
Now we would not do that but Dang It sounds good and then We could ask God to get him too ya know like rain on him everywhere he go's, Flat tire when he is out in the boondocks stuff like that.

This came out once before (don't remember if it was here or on another site) and people flipped out because the guy was carrying a brand-new pistol that he had never fired as a CCW.

Taking the knife, cell phone and shoes is probably defensible. Using his Credit Card, taking his wallet and damaging private property obviously isn't.

That said, it was meant as a joke and it is pretty funny.

Love it very funny, not true as stated but funny. It's nice to dream.

PS: Having been on the receiving end of a robbery many years ago in a dry cleaners (not funny) this made me laugh.

That's the real "key"! If you are determined enough to have a weapon to protect yourself, you had BEST be prepared to back up your "show of force".

My wife was the first to suggest we get CC permits. I asked her up front if she would be willing to use it. No problem with her. (She's an ex-Marine, too.)
GG

You mean "former" Marine, right?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back