Does anyone know how many...

TroutStalker

I've read where 7 million Americans have CC permits. I am interested if there are any surveys/studies that dial this number down to: How many of those are men versus women? How many of those carry 100% of the time? How many carry during certain times(i.e camping, hiking, fishing,etc.)? And, how many never carry despite having the permit to? Just curious. Anybody have a site or some solid stats on this?

I don't believe you will get accurate numbers and answers for your questions. The underlying principal for Concealed Carry is being Concealed! That's secret, private, hidden. Good luck. Your questions are interesting but impossible to accurately answer

Some states like Arizona have concealed carry without a permit. None of these would be on the count sheets even though many are carrying.

:sad::sad:
I've read where 7 million Americans have CC permits. I am interested if there are any surveys/studies that dial this number down to: How many of those are men versus women? How many of those carry 100% of the time? How many carry during certain times(i.e camping, hiking, fishing,etc.)? And, how many never carry despite having the permit to? Just curious. Anybody have a site or some solid stats on this?

would YOU... really want the Gov, to know this ????? I question even you asking this...

The only demographic information I can recall finding is TX breaking down by age. I think there are some other reports out there, but my google-fu is not up to today.
Link Removed

The number of active permits is closing in on 8 million, but keep in mind there's some portion of those held by people with permits from multiple states. About 14-15% of FL permits are non-resident, almost half of UT's are non-resident.

As to how many permit holders carry with any regularity - all we can do is guess. Many people get permits for other reasons than carrying - such as eliminating background checks at purchase time, or eliminating waiting periods, or to avoid issues with the GFSZA. My guess - one in ten permit holds carries most all the time.

Easy. Easy. I am curious by nature. BTW, The government knows whatever they want to know. My question was asked because, although there are tons of permits out there, I think only a small fraction carry everyday. You don't have to put the tin foil hat on. Geez.

sdprof says 1 in 10. I thought more like 1 in 15. That would be 470,000 carrying at any time. Higher or lower in your opinion?

:sad::sad:

would YOU... really want the Gov, to know this ????? I question even you asking this...

Exactly why would you want to know this?
This information should be protected by the right to privacy act.
This information is just like all the registration crap the government wants so they can target the gun owners.
And start the confiscations.

Be aware and be prepared government is not our friend.

How's them knowing your allowed to carry and them knowing you are carrying make a difference. The Feds already know you have a permit. If/When they come to take your guns, they'll assume it will require force. They won't be sending the tax collector. On one hand some of you talk about armageddon as if you know it's going to happen yet act as naive to think the process isn't already under way and you are flying "under their radar". LOL

Back on subject. I know several people that have permits but do not carry all the time. A few just keep it in the vehicle with them and some just got it to have it so it would be legal if they felt the need to carry. I would say the 1 in 15 number is probably more accurate IMHO.

Every one worries about the government targeting us, me too, be aware government the constitution and the 2nd amendment allow us to target you.

Freedom of your opinions, absolutely. I am all for that. My question was one of curiosity and awareness, not infiltration. Questioning my intent IMHO was overboard. Some understood the question. Some didn't apparently.

The only demographic information I can recall finding is TX breaking down by age. I think there are some other reports out there, but my google-fu is not up to today.
Link Removed

The number of active permits is closing in on 8 million, but keep in mind there's some portion of those held by people with permits from multiple states. About 14-15% of FL permits are non-resident, almost half of UT's are non-resident.

As to how many permit holders carry with any regularity - all we can do is guess. Many people get permits for other reasons than carrying - such as eliminating background checks at purchase time, or eliminating waiting periods, or to avoid issues with the GFSZA. My guess - one in ten permit holds carries most all the time.

I must be one of the 10% club :)

Several states publish their own CCW demographics data but I don't know of any national compilation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back