does anyone carry a sig 220 ?

stumpjumper101

just curious if anyone carries a sig 220 on regular basis, and if so what holsters have you found to be comfortable and concealable. im a fan of IWB holster but would use a belt holster providing i could find one that would ride high enough that i can easily conceal it. Any thoughts?:)

StumpJumper101,

I carry a P220 the majority of the time on my hip. I have a Dillon leather belt holster that works really well with and without concealment. I like it better than the molded holster that I have.

At other times, I carry a Sig P229, either in .40 or .357 Sig, in a sholder holster or on the same belt holster that I use for the P220. Fits well.

Mmmmm. A Sig P220. I've got a P220 Compact and have every intention of carrying it shortly. I'm looking at several methods depending on my situation: a Maxpedition Versipak, a Smart Carry and if they ever become available again, a Milt Sparks holster.

I carry a Ruger p345. Which I believe is about the same size. While I do not have the holster of my dreams right now, I am looking at a Crossbreed. It is a hybrid holster, part kydex, part leather. I am also looking at a K&D cochise defender. I have heard really good things about both. Both are also reasonably priced.

I mostly carry my 1911's now-a-days but have in the past and still occasionally carry my P-220 Carry and P-220 Elite Carry SS.

Every CCW I own has a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II holster. My preference is IWB for concealed carry and I have yet to find a better IWB holster than the VM-II! :cool:

Not sure how old this thread is, but yes, I carry a Sig P220 Carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster (IWB.) After researching and listening to the good folks here at USA Carry, I decided on the Supertuck, and I can't say I regret it. It is a comfortable holster that allows me to carry the Sig all day long with minimal discomfort (I say minimal discomfort because there is a little involved, but I guess that is to be expected when you put a couple of pounds of gun on your hip.) The Sig does print a little more readily than my Star PD carried in the same holster, but even so, if I'm careful in selecting my outer garment I can conceal the Sig using only a loose outer shirt for warm weather carry. So the Supertuck is a definite hit, and the Sig? Well, my signature says how I feel about them :biggrin:

I have a P220 SAO and so far, I've used a Blackhawk SERPA for it, and it's a good holster if clothing permits(winter carry). I have also been considering the CB Supertuck so I'm glad to see positive opinions of it.

-Sean

Yes, I have carried a Sig P-220 in a Galco shoulder rig or a belt holster; but, I really find the .380 Sig P232 with Hornday Critical Defense ammo a lot easier to carry...I have Laser Grips on both guns. I think the .380 with that ammo will get the job done, but I know all the con's on that round...I think this ammo has changed the performance of the round significantly.

I carry the sig 229 sometimes when I cant Carry my 1911, I use the crossbreed super tuck, a little pricey buy for being a such a bulky gun on a small framed guy like me you cant tell at all. And the quality is amazing look into them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back