Does anybody use military issue shoulder rigs?

tricolordad

Banned
I was looking for a more suitable concealment option than OWB and IWB since I need to dress business casual for my overnight job which is in a stupid bad area which sadly has no AC after business hours...and I came across an vertical shoulder holster I used in the army. They're designed for outer wear, or at least that was what I did when I used it that one time lol...usually I used a thigh holster so I have no idea how it will perform underneath a shirt or whether or not it will be ruined by sweat. Does anybody else use them enough to offer an opinion? I'm not sure if I should just fork over the money for a leather Bianchi or if I can make do with this. It's only 5 hour shifts, but I work every night of the week and would prefer to save some money if I can. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Go to Deepconceal.com, they might have what You're looking for. They have a type of shoulder harness made out of cotton thst can be worn against the skin. Not really fancy, but it might work for You. Cost isn't too bad either.

Drzzit's S4

You could always try wearing some type of underarmor shirt underneath the holster. If it fits well enough, it ought to help protect you and the holster without making it too hot. I like Columbia's Omni-Freeze Zero myself... you actually feel much cooler with it than without. (I work from home and have no A/C as well... don't have to carry here but constantly looking for ways not to overheat!)

Never seen an issued shoulder holster. I've only ever been issued belt and drop leg holsters.

Never seen an issued shoulder holster. I've only ever been issued belt and drop leg holsters.

I traded a girly mag and a bag of melted gummy bears for it lol It's the same as one of the coyote tan ones in the blackhawk catalog but with the ACU pattern. I saw a lot of other butterbars wearing them with those stupid homemade leather crap holsters instead of the standard issue nylon one. I'm pretty sure they found them at the bazaars. Only thing I ever bought from the Iraqis was a muskemelon lol Dude hugged me when I gave him the change. It was awkward.

I used a Bianchi Tuxedo holster when I needed to wear a suit or blazer. It was pretty comfortable and concealed well.

I recently found my father's old issue leather .45 shoulder holster packed away in a box. I'm guessing it's Vietnam/just post Vietnam issue. Well oiled and in great shape. Dad passed away in 2010. Only wish I had a pistol that fit it, Glock 19 is to wide.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I recently found my father's old issue leather .45 shoulder holster packed away in a box. I'm guessing it's Vietnam/just post Vietnam issue. Well oiled and in great shape. Dad passed away in 2010. Only wish I had a pistol that fit it, Glock 19 is to wide.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a perfect excuse to shop for a new pistol to me. :yes2:

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back