do you name your guns?

ria 1911a1 tactical: lacey (also my girlfriend's name, my girl and this gun are alike, beautiful, powerful, relieable, and a keeper)
taurus pt111 mil pro: beth (looking to sell beth)
stevens model 15a: kim (my first rifle)
m91/30: kate (old reliable)
remington 870: paula (paula scares crackheads and loves deer...)
sks: samantha (one fun gun)

I have always had a hard time naming inanimate objects, even boats. I keep the names they come with. My Glock 17, my 870, my GMC.

I have a North American Arms 22 short mini-revolver that my wife named 'Dinkey-Plinkey'. My Mossberg 500 in 410 is named 'Mossey'. I also have an old Jeep my family calls 'OLD FAITHFUL'. And no Im not an escapee from a mental hospital. Gotta go now there is some men at the door in shiny white coats.

Yes, Carl, Mike, and Boaz. Carl is my primary carry gun. Why name them? When I first started carrying, my wife would periodically ask "Do you have your gun on you?" Not a good question to be asked in public. Now she pretty much doesn't care but when she does, she asks "Where's Carl?" Works very nicely.

Hadn't thought about naming them before but I like this idea especially around the kids or in public. Any thoughts for a springfield xd40 or fn herstal 5-7?

Yeah... Pebbles... 9mm Rock Island Arms 1911.
Walt.... Walther P99
I only name my carry guns.... As noted above, it works in public.

I am saving for Colts Government .45... Hopefully it will earn the name Bam-Bam. lol

I named my 45 auto, after a dog I once had. He was ugly but very good at what he did! (Fargus.)

No I don't name my guns, but 15 years ago my brother had a dog that he named Shotgun. Well I had the dog with me and pulled into a convenience store. It was summer and the windows were down. I had gust walked in the store when I saw the dog go past the glass doors looking for me. I didn't want her to get hit by a car so I opened the door a yelled "Shotgun here". Well every head in the store snapped around to see what was going on.

Beretta 25a - sneaky pete
Amt back up 380 - sneaky pete jr (sneaky pete sr replacement)
Mossberg 500 - crowd pleaser
G19 jello hits the fan
Beretta mini cougar 40 cal - baby cat
S&w 357 - no I dont have a dollar

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan