Do you have what it takes?

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Do you have the experience, equipment, drive and determination to leave where you are and not look back if need be?
Do you have enough food, water, ammo and medical supplies?
Do you have plans and backup plans?
Do you have the resolve to step over something that used to be someone with puking?

In a word, no. Those plans were put on hold when I was shot back in January. I'm back to working again (this time as a substitute teacher) but I'm still a long way away from being where I was before, and even farther away from where I need to be in case SHTF.

In a word, no. Those plans were put on hold when I was shot back in January. I'm back to working again (this time as a substitute teacher) but I'm still a long way away from being where I was before, and even farther away from where I need to be in case SHTF.

Congrats on being back to work!

Do you have the experience, equipment, drive and determination to leave where you are and not look back if need be?
Do you have enough food, water, ammo and medical supplies?
Do you have plans and backup plans?
Do you have the resolve to step over something that used to be someone with puking?

#1 Yes. My whole life has been dedicated to types of work that force you to have these types of determination. I'd prefer to stay home, but have several other plans if need be. I was raised by a Dad and Mom who were "preppers" and the bug out option is always on the table.

#2 Yes, enough provisions on all catagories, in various locations.

#3 Yes, always.... I mean ALWAYS have a back up plan. Something WILL go wrong or not according to plan.

#4 When I was a Paramedic, my partner and I actually sat on a slab in the morgue and ate our Burger King lunch while an autopsy was being performed several feet away. No kidding... True story. Puking is not an option for me. Once you get accustomed to the blood, guts and gore, it's just like a secretary sitting down to a typewriter. You get cold to it and do your job like anyone else does theirs. That's why when a medic does his job, you don't see him/ her puking. It's only those around them that are.

#5 I hope so. I've survived armed encounters, lived through some hair raising situations, fought for my life on a couple of occassions, and practiced my trades, skills and plans along with my wife. We all HOPE we have what it takes when the time comes. Look at the Hero's in World War II or other wars. Most of them were just scared kids that just did what they felt they had to do at the time. They weren't Superman, and many said their hands were shaking when it was over and didn't consider themselves "brave". But in action, they just did it and many didn't really think too much about it until after it was over. That's the way humans are, but they still have to have this little flame inside that pushes them to do what they did. We'll never no for sure until we arrive at that time, but many people tend to do whatever is neccessary when that time comes, except for those with a sheep mentality and a lack of awareness. Those are the ones who will follow everyone else and remain standing in the middle of destruction crying out, what do we do? what's happening? why is this happening to me?

Don't know festus. I would hope so but in all reality I would like to be much better physically and materially prepared than I am. Mentally who knows. Spiritually, this may be the only area I am really sure of. The Lord willing I will continue to work on the things that I can and by his grace we will see what happens if and when that time comes in my life time.

Don't know festus. I would hope so but in all reality I would like to be much better physically and materially prepared than I am. Mentally who knows. Spiritually, this may be the only area I am really sure of. The Lord willing I will continue to work on the things that I can and by his grace we will see what happens if and when that time comes in my life time.

Yeah, spiritually is extremely important. If man does not have the faith to go on, and know that there is something bigger than him, he will fail. We all have to know that there is a bigger plan than just us, and that God does not want his faithful to be unprepared. Some Christians think that we are to be such weenies that we just cowar and give up in any situation. They should read more about David, and others who pushed foward and defeated enemies, and came out on the other side stronger. How God guided them in perilous times and provided for those who had prepared themselves. That Jesus' parables can be used to measure the small and secular things as well as spiritual things. Including the wise and unwise virgins. Now let's get ready.

Yeah, spiritually is extremely important. If man does not have the faith to go on, and know that there is something bigger than him, he will fail. We all have to know that there is a bigger plan than just us, and that God does not want his faithful to be unprepared. Some Christians think that we are to be such weenies that we just cowar and give up in any situation. They should read more about David, and others who pushed foward and defeated enemies, and came out on the other side stronger. How God guided them in perilous times and provided for those who had prepared themselves. That Jesus' parables can be used to measure the small and secular things as well as spiritual things. Including the wise and unwise virgins. Now let's get ready.

Yes there are a number of scriptures that come to mind but two in particular that I like to remember to keep me balanced. The first is the one that I use in my signature and the second Psalm 127:1 By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Psalm 127:1
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

"Do you have what it takes?" is a very serious question. Personally, even at 56, I am physically and mentally able to handle whatever I need to, as the situation arises. However...

The more pertinent issue, to me, anyway, is whether we are prepared to leave family and hearth if we need to. Think about this, especially you brothers with jobs, young kids. Are you prepared to leave all that to fight the good fight? How would your family survive? Could you really kiss the wife and kids goodbye? Even those of us, like me, who are older and whose kids are grown are really gonna struggle with this. It's easy to be a "keyboard warrior", it's not easy at all to put it on the line, like the Founders did, many of whom died alone and penniless.

This all is different than handling a life/death situation which presents itself suddenly and which you must deal with.

Here's the $64,000 question in my mind: Suppose we hear of another New Orleans where "they" are going door to door disarming the populace. What are we going to do? Wait for "them" to arrive in our town and go out individually? Converge "en mass" on the town in question to stand with our fellow Americans? Stand with the "militia" in our locale? Do you even have a "militia" in your town? I don't.

Tough, tough questions...let's not kid ourselves.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back