Do You Have A Survival Motorcycle?

My question is, where do you think you'll be going anyway? If Christian believers are "Raptured" and you are left behind to suffer the tribulation, of which there will be no survivors, how do you intend to survive? For what purpose? Another day or week. Are you all that afraid of death?

My question is, where do you think you'll be going anyway? If Christian believers are "Raptured" and you are left behind to suffer the tribulation, of which there will be no survivors, how do you intend to survive? For what purpose? Another day or week. Are you all that afraid of death?

Well, I had already said that the motorcycle would be used more as a short-distance ride, perhaps around the property or neighbors' places. This would only be if the situation allowed it, I wouldn't be venturing out on a bike if I suspected there was imminent danger. Also, I would enjoy the ability the bike would provide during the good/normal times as well... so, it would have multiple roles. As far as being left behind during the rapture, I don't believe in that or any sort of personal god... so I don't worry about it. I don't intend to challenge your belief and I'm not saying you're wrong... I don't want a religious debate, SR9. Am I afraid of death? Well, not intending to sound like some sort of macho, hard @ss... no, I'm not afraid. I don't want to die and I'll do what I can to live as long and as healthy as I can but, death comes for us all... so why be afraid of it? The SHTF scenario I see possible isn't necessarily a "world-ender", merely another very arduous time in a generation's adventure named life.

I have been pondering the idea for a few years, of getting a Dual-Sport motorcycle (for sh!ts & function) and the Kawasaki KLR 650 has been topping my list. Do you have a survival (type) motorcycle, or have you thought about the notion? What do you think of the motorcycle (in general) as a potential WROL/SHTF mode of transportation?

Here's a random video I came across that's on the topic (sorta):

Some of you may know that along with being a gun junkie, I'm also a motorcycle junkie... I currently have a sport bike and cruiser, a dual sport ride would round out the garage (and fill it!). However, I've been wondering to myself whether or not I should reduce the size of the collection to focus on a do-all, dual sport motorcycle that can cover everything from the daily commute to patrolling the property during an SHTF world...

What say you?

Bob, I had thought about a super motard, but I have invested so much in guns, I don't have much coin to spare, besides is not like I'm bike poor, I have a 08 Harley Ultra Classic, with all the normal goodies and then some, and another bike that will get your attention, a Turbo Hayabusa, this is where (Rocketgeezer) comes from, I'm almost getting to old for that bike, just can't give it up, mama and I still do the Dragon once or twice a year, and believe it or not this is the first I noticed a dedicated bike section,........you keep the shiny side up....Dave

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back