Do LE Officers Know?

BARFO

In Arkansas, when LEOs stop a vehicle for whatever reason, does dispatch immediately notify them that the driver is a CHC holder before they make their initial contact with the driver?

No, in the State of Arkansas they do not keep a "list" as it would violate the terms of concealed carry if anyone knew who was and wasn't carrying. The only way they know during a traffic stop is if the person does their duty and notifies the officer first and foremost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not exactly correct. They don't necessarily know based on your license plate, but they do know when they run your Driver's License. I know from experience because I was pulled over for having a headlight out one night and for some reason I wasn't carrying. Because I didn't have my gun I didn't tell the officer about my CHL. I gave him my license and when he came back to my window he said "I saw when I ran your license that you have a concealed handgun permit, are you carrying at this time?" I'm not sure if they can tell with non-residents of Arkansas, but they definitely can for Arkansas residents.

Interesting, guess that makes sense. That must be why the law says that we have to present our CHCL along with our DL IF we're carrying when the LEO asks.

That's not exactly correct. They don't necessarily know based on your license plate, but they do know when they run your Driver's License. I know from experience because I was pulled over for having a headlight out one night and for some reason I wasn't carrying. Because I didn't have my gun I didn't tell the officer about my CHL. I gave him my license and when he came back to my window he said "I saw when I ran your license that you have a concealed handgun permit, are you carrying at this time?" I'm not sure if they can tell with non-residents of Arkansas, but they definitely can for Arkansas residents.

Actually...

§5-73-307. List of license holders.
(a) The Department of Arkansas State Police shall maintain an automated
listing of license holders and this information shall be available on-line, upon
request, at any time, to any law enforcement agency through the Arkansas
Crime Information Center.

Well I'll admit when I'm wrong and I definitely was lol. I knew it wasn't by tag. I was not however thinking about it being linked to your DL (which makes good sense). But they wouldn't know when they approached which is why we are asked to present it upon approach so they do not think we are hiding it when they run our DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The application for a CHCL in Arkansas asks if it is OK to use your driver's license mug-shot on the CHCL license. Yes, is usually the answer. If no, I suppose you will have to provide an appropriate mug-shot before they process. Might get lost under a pile of papers or put in the not so important queue pile.

Arkansas State Police run the CHCL license distributing. It was relatively painless, but the initial fees charged are very high, compared to many states' licensing fees.

Hoping to get that in line with some bills introduced.

In Arkansas, when LEOs stop a vehicle for whatever reason, does dispatch immediately notify them that the driver is a CHC holder before they make their initial contact with the driver?

How does the cop know who is driving? The car can be in one person's name and someone else is driving it.

Yep, I totally forgot about that when I completed my application.
The application for a CHCL in Arkansas asks if it is OK to use your driver's license mug-shot on the CHCL license. Yes, is usually the answer. If no, I suppose you will have to provide an appropriate mug-shot before they process. Might get lost under a pile of papers or put in the not so important queue pile.

Arkansas State Police run the CHCL license distributing. It was relatively painless, but the initial fees charged are very high, compared to many states' licensing fees.

Hoping to get that in line with some bills introduced.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back