Do guns give a false sense of security?

I know the thread has disintegrated, but I think it offers a false sense of security to many people, especially to those who don't train with & routinely shoot the weapon. Personally, I had a wake-up call a long time ago when I was cleaning the truck (after a morning hunt) at the local car wash. The state I was in restricted handgun carry when you were hunting, so the shotguns were in the gun rack and my carry gun was in my lock box. A doper/drunk came up to me with a broken broomstick and the only gun I had in my hand was the carwash spray gun. My wife hadn't been as complacent as me, and had her brand new Ladysmith 38 in her bellyband. She came around the back of the truck and the dirtbag dropped his stick and ran. Lesson learned.

As for the OC vs CC debate. I no longer look as mean or intimidating as I once was, and am not nearly as tough as I once was, so I question my ability to respond to an attack by one or more assailants. So I always carry concealed. If you want to OC, that's your choice, just consider how you would fare in a close in surprise attack (at contact distances) by multiple attackers at your favorite diner.

I know the thread has disintegrated, but I think it offers a false sense of security to many people, especially to those who don't train with & routinely shoot the weapon. Personally, I had a wake-up call a long time ago when I was cleaning the truck (after a morning hunt) at the local car wash. The state I was in restricted handgun carry when you were hunting, so the shotguns were in the gun rack and my carry gun was in my lock box. A doper/drunk came up to me with a broken broomstick and the only gun I had in my hand was the carwash spray gun. My wife hadn't been as complacent as me, and had her brand new Ladysmith 38 in her bellyband. She came around the back of the truck and the dirtbag dropped his stick and ran. Lesson learned.

Agree. Many people simply get overconfident or complacent, especially with little-to-none training and practice.

As for the OC vs CC debate. I no longer look as mean or intimidating as I once was, and am not nearly as tough as I once was, so I question my ability to respond to an attack by one or more assailants. So I always carry concealed. If you want to OC, that's your choice, just consider how you would fare in a close in surprise attack (at contact distances) by multiple attackers at your favorite diner.

The classic OC vs. CC argument will be debated forever. Only very few arguments in this debate make sense though. Yes, with OC others see that you have a weapon, which means that any attackers see it too. Does that mean you are more or less vulnerable? CC gives you the option of not advertising that you have a weapon. Again, does that mean you are more or less vulnerable?

You can be attacked by multiple assailants either way. The way you look has nothing to do with your ability to respond.

That's some rough arcade you play in!
Why did you get attacked if you were undercover? How did they know to attack you?

I'm not talking about my undercover work, momma's boy, I'm talking about day to day patrol in the mall. My badge and gun are all that stands between the shoppers and anarchy.

You're funny, guy, so funny I forgot to laugh. I'll tell you what, since you like to hide behind your keyboard and be disrespectful, why don't you name a time a place so we can meet up and do the man dance, and I ain't talking about the macarena.

'Sounds suspiciously like a threat to me.

But, if you want to meet for a chat, here are the coordinates for you to meet me at:
46.687058, -92.107207

Weekends are best for me.
Tomorrow afternoon would work, or Sunday after 3PM.
Let me know a time so you don't get stood up.

But, if you want to meet for a chat, here are the coordinates for you to meet me at:
46.687058, -92.107207

You are so lucky my bad knee is acting up and I can't get out of bed, otherwise we would have that chat.

46.687058, -92.107207

Those coordinates are for a veterinary hospital in Minnesota

Those coordinates are for a veterinary hospital in Minnesota

No, they're not.
That's the result that Manta gives when you Google it.
The vet service is actually at 46.687058 -114.084324.

It would have been funny though, since I'm dealing with Sick Puppy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back