Do firearm training schools recommend open cary?

I have heard the argument that OCing makes you a target many times. I always reply with the challenge to show me a case where an average person who was OCing (not security or LE personell) was singled out for attack. I have never had anyone show a legitimate case of such.

Every case that I have ever heard of, that sounded like it would qualify, later turned out to be made up, or the person was involved with some type of criminal activity, or was a case of someone just looking for trouble, which caused the encounter.

The reason that LE and security personell are excluded is that it is thier job which primarily makes them a target of the criminal element, not random encounters.

Another point to ponder, if CC is superior to OC in a tactical sense, why do LEOs primarily OC?

Since there are so few (relatively) people carrying OC, it is reasonable to think that there will be even fewer OC people targeted.

In case you haven't noticed, many if not most LEO's who are not in a uniform carry concealed. If they're in uniform, they may as well open carry since most people will expect them to be carrying since they are cops.

I don't know of any source for the other but it stands to reason - BGs often target gun stores and homes because of the weapons they can get there.

Hmmmm.... interesting. How do you explain the following, then?

Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms (Social Institutions and Social Change) ~ Peter H. Rossi (Author), James Wright (Author)

Interviewing felony prisoners in ten state correctional systems in 1981, Wright and Rossi found extensive information suggesting that gun control laws have relatively little effect on violent criminals.
Seventy-four percent agreed with the statement that "One reason burglars avoid houses where people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime." Thirty-nine percent of the felons had personally decided not to commit a crime because they thought the victim might have a gun, and eight percent said the experience had occurred "many times."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back