do criminals open carry?

recithree

have there ever been a instance of a crook walking in a establishment with a gun in a holster on his side?seems like they come in drawn or pulled from inside clothing.how have the general population become so afraid of a gun holstered?

i saw two guys hanging outside a applebees dressed in their clothing of choice and each had a holstered gun.it never crossed my mind that they were up to no good.and no they did not look like off duty police.if i saw a butt of a gun stuck in pants i might of thought otherwise.i assume they were practicing a virginia right of open carrying without a permit.

blows my mind that people are so afraid of the sight of a gun but has absolute no experience or a news story they heard that someone carrying a gun in a holster openly has done anything to fear.

by the way i cc and not often enough but still reconize that i have never feared the sight of gun on a side of someone walking though the supermarket.

i know alot of people dont know its legal but i would assume that crooks already know the law and still dont do it with the mindset that we would assume they are legit.they just dont do it.

nope.no propaganda news story to pull from.

Unfortunately, many people don't associate HOW the person carries with whether they are criminal or law-abiding. They associate the object (the gun) with crime.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am unable to find the article, however, a gas station in Colorado Springs, CO was robbed by a guy with a holstered gun on his hip.

A holstered weapon means nothing, however a persons demeanor tell a lot most of the time. I tend to people watch and will keep a closer eye on someone a little off than a person acting calm and normal with a weapon.
There is a man here that wears a frigging machete everywhere he goes... most of the locals don't even remember it's there. An outsider will immediately react as soon as he is out of earshot and we all laugh. Oh yeah that's just him we say.

A holstered weapon means nothing, however a persons demeanor tell a lot most of the time. I tend to people watch and will keep a closer eye on someone a little off than a person acting calm and normal with a weapon.
There is a man here that wears a frigging machete everywhere he goes... most of the locals don't even remember it's there. An outsider will immediately react as soon as he is out of earshot and we all laugh. Oh yeah that's just him we say.

Was it an "assault machete"?

My personal belief is that criminals typically conceal their intent, whatever that may be. That was the entire purpose for most stated enacting conceal carry laws, because too many criminals were doing so and they needed some way to make the practice illegal, in this case by requiring a permit or license in order to engage in the practice. This is also why several states such as my own (WA) do not require a permit for OC as they reason criminals to not commonly engage in such activity.

This is my biggest beef with Conceal Carry laws and the practice in general. The state wants to charge me a fee, and in some cases require me to engage in an otherwise criminal activity. I have nothing to hide, including my self-defense pistol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back