Disney Employee Takes a Stand

robiewan

Disney Fires Employee for Obeying His 2nd Amendment Rights

Thanks for providing that link Palmach. I read the article and then posted an email to the author. I applaud this employees stance for, as he said, it is for everyone not just me, that he carried his weapon to work in his trunk.
In his trunk! Stinks of unlawful search and seizure to me, as well as a breach of 2nd Amendment Rights. As I said in my email I hope he wins HUGE, and that Disney is forced to comply with, not only the law in Florida, but with the Constitution too!
Have a Great Fourth of July all!

Magistrate PO

How did they know.

I may have missed something, but how did they know that he had a firearm in his trunk? Did they search it or did he announce that he had the firearm in the vehicle? It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the courts.

HK4U

I hope he sues them for a lot of money. Some times the only way to get your point across with these companies that believe they are above the law is to hit them were it hurts, in the pocket book.

Palmach

I may have missed something, but how did they know that he had a firearm in his trunk? Did they search it or did he announce that he had the firearm in the vehicle? It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the courts.

I believe he let them know that he would be carrying in protest of their policy, which he believes violates his 2nd amendment rights.

Big Bubba

I wish the employee the best of luck I hope he wins enough money that he can buy their park, and have it named after him.

Scarecrow

I believe he let them know that he would be carrying in protest of their policy, which he believes violates his 2nd amendment rights.

good for him. I hope he gets the support he needs to make disney realize that they to must follow the constitution.

Bohemian

I think every body reading this thread should post it on every blog they can find and write Florida's Governor and other State and U.S. Representatives and local and national media about this...

Here's the link, it does all but type the few personal paragraphs from you...
NRA-ILA :: Action Center

UReport...
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

IReport...
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Further, call for the Boycott of Disney in the U.S. in Florida and California...

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...

Memphis

The problem is that the authors of a great law failed to do their homework and exempted the largest employer in FL. They were shocked to say the least.

My problem is that no "loop hole" should have been found because no employee of ANY company should have his rights removed for ANY reason (period).

Palmach

The problem is that the authors of a great law failed to do their homework and exempted the largest employer in FL. They were shocked to say the least.

My problem is that no "loop hole" should have been found because no employee of ANY company should have his rights removed for ANY reason (period).

This one will have to be tested in the courts, as all of the legislators who were involved in this Law made it clear that there was no intention to exempt a place like Disney.

FN1910

Legislatures and their intentions are often at odds with the laws they pass. It appears that they screwed up and will just have to correct it next session, doesn't matter what they intended.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Although I generally favor private property owners' right to determine what can or cannot happen on their property, I am against any policy that tells people that they cannot keep guns in THEIR cars. If they don't want guns on their property, ok, or even in a company car, ok, but telling them they can't have guns in their own cars is disingenuous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyvaaprilia