Disney Employee Files Lawsuit

Palmach

The fired Disney employee filed a lawsuit against Disney this past Friday.

He brought in the big guns. His attorney is Jon Gutmacher who most know as the author of "Florida Firearms - Law, Use, and Ownership."

This book is a must read regardless of whether you live in Florida.

Link Removed

If he had consulted Gutmacher prior to going to work, then I have to believe that there was a motive behind him contacting the media, which in turn contacted Disney and set the whole ball in motion.

This is going to be an interesting fight to keep watching.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Let's hope he prevails. A person's car is their personal property and their employer has no business telling them what they can or cannot keep in it. Period.

capo2186

I agree tattedupboy. That is HIS car and he should be able to have what ever he sees fit in it. I believe Disney is way out of line here. I hope this guy wins big, he deserves it. I have alot of respect for him because after all, hes making a stand for every gun owner out there. I tell ya one thing, I'm not buying a Disney stuff or taking any Disney trips anywhere in the near future.

Palmach

Unfortunately, Disney can afford high-priced legal eagles to make life miserable for this guy.

Very true, but his lawyer is Jon Gutmacher, 2nd Amendment Attorney and author of the Florida Firearms: Law, Use and Ownership." He is an expert on gun laws, especially in Florida.

I would not be surprised if Gutmacher is doing this Pro Bono.

KimberRB

Disney has deep pockets BUT I bet this give Disney some hart burn over this one as well as all the other parks in that area. Go get them. LOL

KimberPB

Very true, but his lawyer is Jon Gutmacher, 2nd Amendment Attorney and author of the Florida Firearms: Law, Use and Ownership." He is an expert on gun laws, especially in Florida.

I would not be surprised if Gutmacher is doing this Pro Bono.

Yep that is a very good book for people that carry in Florida and from what I've heard he is very good attorney as well.

HK4U

I wonder if every CHL holder in the US wrote Disney and told them that they would not visit their parks or purchase their products until they changed their policy they would begin to see the light. Hit them where it hurts.

KimberRB

A Carry Day

Better yet why don’t we just all go at the same time and have a carry day. Now that would rattle a cage or two.

KimberPB

Ok they are playing the we have an explosives permit and because of that you can not have a gun on the property. Well, wouldn't that include visitors? I know of a few accounts were people were made and asked to either lock it in there car or leave it locked in the security office until they left. If their permits for the fireworks really excluded guns on the property wouldn't they have to ask those people to remove the gun from the property??

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Ok they are playing the we have an explosives permit and because of that you can not have a gun on the property. Well, wouldn't that include visitors? I know of a few accounts were people were made and asked to either lock it in there car or leave it locked in the security office until they left. If their permits for the fireworks really excluded guns on the property wouldn't they have to ask those people to remove the gun from the property??

I have yet to hear why that exception is in the law. Why did lawmakers allow places that store large quantities of explosives to be exempt from this law?

Palmach

I have yet to hear why that exception is in the law. Why did lawmakers allow places that store large quantities of explosives to be exempt from this law?

The intent of the lawmakers was to exempt defense contractors, or those whose primary business involve munitions and explosives.It seems that some of the lawyers, including those from Disney had something to do with having this last minute wording included in the law.

Lawmakers involved, however, have been clear that it was not then nor was it ever their intention to exempt Disney.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balesofhay6230