Differences and similarities of five handguns

KelTec best choice

I have one of these and the best thing about it is it is SMALL and reliable. These are not fun to practice with because they are so small. I am a small person and this works fantastic.:no::no:

You will find that once you shoot the M&P you will think to yourself, Wow, they fixed the GLOCK!
If Glock were to update, it would be the M&P. I love it, it is a shooter!

In lieu of the P250, I would consider the P229 DAK. Ditto to all the comments about the reliability, accuracy, and durability of the Sig. It's second to none. For both guns, the DAO trigger is a GREAT trigger. No external safety to mess with, no decocking lever = simplified critical actions in a bind, and it is so smooth. Now, the reasons for the 229:

The reason for the 229 over the 250 is the additional weight of the 229. According to Sig, the 229 is 32 oz with a loaded mag, the fullsize 250 is 29 oz, and the compact is 25 oz. The weight difference may not seem like a lot on paper, but it does make a significant difference when it comes to absorbing recoil. I feel much more comfortable shooting the midsize 229 than most full size autos because of the stainless steel slide and frame. There is a tangible heft to the gun that breeds confidence when it comes to recoil - ESPECIALLY when I hand it to my 100 lb wife, one of my kids, or anyone I've taken to the range to help learn about shooting a handgun (if you aren't friendly to all the newbs you see at the range, you're wrong). I'm not a big guy (5'9" 155#), but I do fine carrying it concealed. If you carry in a handbag or purse, the weight/bulk isn't as much of a factor.

Lastly, rather than the M&P, consider a Springfield XD or XDM. I've fired both (and plenty of Glocks), and I've been impressed with how good the ergonomics of the gun are. I put less effort into shooting an XD really well than I have to put in for Glocks or the M&P (which has some intangible that makes me not like it - this only counts for me). Still, I return to the Sig because I feel as at home holding it as I do my wife's hand.

Best of luck!

I called up one of the largest indoor rental ranges around in my area and it surprised me that they have **none** of the six specific models available (Sig P250, HK P2000sk, S&W M&P9c, Kahr MK9, KelTec PF9, and Springfield EMP) for rent to try out. Apparently the Glocks and the bigger Sigs are more popular and thus available for rentals. They just don't have the smaller guns. :mad:

I will have to call the ranges up further North to see if they may have at least one of these models for me to try.:unsure:

If the other ranges don't, I guess I'm forced to just fondle them in a store before I buy.:wacko: I hope your words of their qualities and strengths are at least reliable for me....

- Ceicei

In lieu of the P250, I would consider the P229 DAK. Ditto to all the comments about the reliability, accuracy, and durability of the Sig. It's second to none. For both guns, the DAO trigger is a GREAT trigger. No external safety to mess with, no decocking lever = simplified critical actions in a bind, and it is so smooth. Now, the reasons for the 229:

The reason for the 229 over the 250 is the additional weight of the 229. According to Sig, the 229 is 32 oz with a loaded mag, the fullsize 250 is 29 oz, and the compact is 25 oz. The weight difference may not seem like a lot on paper, but it does make a significant difference when it comes to absorbing recoil. I feel much more comfortable shooting the midsize 229 than most full size autos because of the stainless steel slide and frame. There is a tangible heft to the gun that breeds confidence when it comes to recoil - ESPECIALLY when I hand it to my 100 lb wife, one of my kids, or anyone I've taken to the range to help learn about shooting a handgun (if you aren't friendly to all the newbs you see at the range, you're wrong). I'm not a big guy (5'9" 155#), but I do fine carrying it concealed. If you carry in a handbag or purse, the weight/bulk isn't as much of a factor.

Lastly, rather than the M&P, consider a Springfield XD or XDM. I've fired both (and plenty of Glocks), and I've been impressed with how good the ergonomics of the gun are. I put less effort into shooting an XD really well than I have to put in for Glocks or the M&P (which has some intangible that makes me not like it - this only counts for me). Still, I return to the Sig because I feel as at home holding it as I do my wife's hand.

Best of luck!

Well, at least the range does have THAT model (P229) and also the P226. Maybe I'll just try these out for comparison and to get an idea what the P250 might be like....

I have a friend who owns a Springfield XD, so I will have a chance to try hers. :biggrin: I wonder how that compares with the EMP.

Thanks for giving me some more ideas. :yu:

- Ceicei

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back