Devious Democrats Anti-Gunners Are At It Again

SR9

Author Topic: New Gun Bill (Read 57 times)

Re: New Gun Bill

For those of you who wish to be proactive, the following is a link to this years Delaware legislation:

www.legis.delaware.gov - Official web site of First State Legislature

Note that it looks the same but is different than last years page. The "House Bill" & "Senate Bill" tabs will expand to show currently filed
bills & their status. New bills are added each week.

When I first saw HB23's title I was a little concerned until I saw Jeff's name attached to it. He has always been a firm 2A supporter.

Think Conservatively: Freedom, Liberty & Real Progress

The SB12 was submitted with HB23
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis148.nsf/vwLegislation/SB+12/$file/legis.html?open

)

New Gun Bill

« on: January 28, 2015, 08:20:50 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

FYI: We all need to keep our eyes on this....

Welcome to the 148th

Jeffrey Spiegelman
Today at 5:45 PM

Friends for Jeff Spiegelman (firearms list),

Happy New Year. I hope everyone is doing well.

First, the good news. Below is a link to my HB23 which passed committee this afternoon. While not earth shattering, it does help clean up some language and is a pro-gun and pro-hunting bill that is supported by the Division of Fish and Wildlife. Hopefully we can get it passed.

Now, the bad news. Attached is a bill (SB12) that went out for co-sponsorship yesterday. It is disguised as a "Domestic Violence Gun Bill". This bill is pretty scary. A simple misdemeanor for Offensive Touching (which is already a legal gray area often caused by overreaction or misunderstanding) and you have to give your guns and ammo to a law enforcement agency (who can charge you a fee for the 5 years they would have to store them) and/or sell them to a gun store or be charged with a felony.

If a person even thinks, or lies and says they think, that they are in fear of a defendant's 2nd Amendment rights, the defendant would be required by law to give their firearms and ammunition to a law enforcement agency (again, with five years of storage fees) or sell them to a gun store.

Oh, and don't think you will be allowed to give or sell the firearms to a family member or friend to hold or store. This bill would make that illegal too. I have no idea what would happen to the guns in the house that are technically the property of someone else in the household.

Let's hope that those who cherish their 2nd Amendment rights, or even those just concerned with constitutional rights and good governance, will prevail against this law. I encourage you to call, write, or email your elected officials and urge them (RESPECTFULLY AND POLITELY. We 2nd Amendment supporters get nowhere being rude) to vote against this bill.

I would also like to point out that the bill is supposed to be amending Title 11 in the Delaware code.... but suddenly jumps to Title 10.... interesting.....

-- Thanks.
Jeff Spiegelman
Representative 11th District
Dover: 302-744-4171
Wilmington: 302-577-8723
Cell: 302-399-7728
Fax: 302-739-2773
Constituent: [email protected]
Personal: [email protected]
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401. Dover, DE 19903
Personal: PO Box 869. Clayton, DE. 19938
Delaware House of Representatives Minority Caucus - Jeffrey N. Spiegelman's Homepage
Jeff Spiegelman | Delaware 11th Representative District -

This attached bill is very bad, as is SB 19, call, write, or E mail your Reps and Senators, politely ask them to vote against these bad bills.

SB12 is absolutely ludicrous. Why is it Deekhead politicians always have to attach adverse bills to pro-2A bills?

Here's a thought... whenever an elected official proposes a law s/he must have the funding available for it. And, if this has already been tried and failed he resigns if unsuccessful. Same with liberal psychiatrists... you pronounce him sane and fit to enter society and he kills again, you lose your medical license permanently.

Here's a thought... whenever an elected official proposes a law s/he must have the funding available for it. And, if this has already been tried and failed he resigns if unsuccessful. Same with liberal psychiatrists... you pronounce him sane and fit to enter society and he kills again, you lose your medical license permanently.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back