Determining value of Firearms

mwhals

I am trying to determine the value of the following firearms:

1. Colt Mark IV Series 70 45 auto stainless (dad bought in the 1970's I think, but it looks new)
2. Taurus 357 revolver bought around 1992
3. 10/22 Ruger with Deerfield scope 3-9
4. 30 30 Winchester M94

All firearms are in excellent condition and not shot much.

Looking up the serial number, The colt 45 was manufactured in 1975 and has a $700 value. The 357 is around $275 in value. The Winchester 30-30 is around $695 and the Ruger 10/22 with scope $400.

That is the approximate values I came up with scouring the internet.

The Blue Book of Gun Values is a starting point, but they often do not reflect current price trends, I suggest that you look at several gun auction sites, and see what the guns are actually selling for, not what the seller is asking.

The Blue Book of Gun Values is a starting point, but they often do not reflect current price trends, I suggest that you look at several gun auction sites, and see what the guns are actually selling for, not what the seller is asking.

That is how I got the prices I posted in comment #5.

My brother and I are splitting them up and keeping them. I picked the Colt 45 and he took the Taurus .357 and then he chose the rifle he wanted, which was the Ruger 10/22 and I ended up with the Winchester 30 30. We were both quite happy with what we ended up choosing. They were our dad's who passed away Sunday morning. They were the easy part. The hard part will be all the accounts, house, truck, etc. which is to be split equally per the will. I just wanted to go ahead and split up the guns due to not wanting the leave them in an empty house. The same logic applied to all financial documents, cash and anything else of value.

The absolutely hardest part is the loss of our much loved dad.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back