Denny's "no guns allowed" signs seem to be working.

I'm sure we can all say, lost of business because I can't wear my firearm in there. Being in law enforcement, in civilian clothes during a robbery once. I did exactly what the robberies told me to do. Was I scared for my life, do you want me to say no, I'm trained for this problem. First thing I did was made sure my firearm couldn't be seen. Second as they were yelling checking out the people around me. Thinking I could drop one but out numbered and out gun the choice was made. Follow the instructions and we should get out of it alive. Think what going on around you before you say you'll play Hero. Most Heroes that don't think are dead Heroes. One another thing to look at, think about it too. One person gets shot, better one than 15 others. Think it out and that's one thing I don't see anyone saying. Just some friendly advise.
Ya did the right thing kudos to you and thank God you all got out safely. As you well know every tactical situation is different, where you are setting, time of day, type of establishment, the crowd, demeanor of the PERP (s), how you are dressed, too many variables to really discuss here, and every one must be treated as such, AKA what is the best way to deal with a SHTF scenario. Had the BG's started shooting patrons one at a time like they did in Texas then that decision has been removed for you but if you so judge the best thing is if they are just going to grab the cash drawer and run to let them do so as starting a shoot out in a crowded room is not a real good idea.

Having been robbed several times, I have made my mind up, never again win, lose or draw we will be in a gun fight, at my age I do not care what the outcome is, I will be pulling and shooting my weapon. Peace and Love.

I had to respond to this thread. Just a little background. Bear with me.

As some of you may know, I'm former law enforcement. After I left that profession, I went back into the restaurant business. I have worked as a manager for many different restaurant companies. This includes most of the major restaurant chains. In every single case, the company had a policy forbidding firearms on their premises and/or carry by their employees.

The reality of the restaurant business is that this policy ends up being an individual franchisee decision, but most go along with the franchisor recommendations.

Currently, I am a manager for Denny's. I admit that the no guns policy bothers me. I won't say how I handle that situation. As for the food and cleanliness...my restaurant was just built and opened in May. This is the cleanest restaurant I've ever managed. And I would stack up the quality of our food with any other restaurant of the same type. (i.e. IHOP, Waffle House, etc...)

Currently, I am a manager for Denny's. I admit that the no guns policy bothers me. I won't say how I handle that situation. As for the food and cleanliness...my restaurant was just built and opened in May. This is the cleanest restaurant I've ever managed. And I would stack up the quality of our food with any other restaurant of the same type. (i.e. IHOP, Waffle House, etc...)

Denny's seems to have a lot in common with police officers... Some are good, some are bad, some have major problems with Joe Citizen being armed, some don't have a problem with it. Unfortunately, just like dealing with a police officer, I'm probably not going to know if it is a good one or a bad one until we are already in the middle of an encounter. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back