Denny's "no guns allowed" signs seem to be working.

Maybe Denny's would rather give the perps the money than have some superhero starting a gunfight.

Who is going to pay for all the damage done to the premises by the gun fight?

No guns allowed huh? How about No stupid people with guns allowed... As if that sign is going to actually help the situation. When will people get this? Criminals do NOT care about rules or laws. They are going to do what they want when they want to.

This is when the gun owner needs to kindly pull the mgr aside and explain that not only will he lose good honest law abiding gun packing patriots but it also advertises to criminals everyone inside is unarmed and a potential victim and is that what he really wants to do

Unfortunately the legal weenies in corporate are forcing that manager to put that sign up. If the sign is not the correct shape and size according to the SC statute then we can carry in there anyway.

I don't know about anyone else that carries, but I didn't get a CHL to stop some resturant I may happen to be in from being robbed, unless they plan on robbing or harming myself or my family. I'm not an LEO and I'm not being paid by anyone to be a security guard. If you have an CHL you seriously need to think about what you would do if you were ever put in that position, before you're in it. I know what I'll do and what I won't do. I think everyone should!

kjmill60- that is a very good point. Chance does favor a prepared mind. What would we do if we were faced with that situation? We may not really know until we are face to face with that situation. I agree that the safety of your family comes first before anyone else. There is also a chance that your allowing the robbery to happen and/or escalate out of control might put your family and others in more danger than not. If the robbery suspects start shooting people how many people would need to get shot before you decide to take action? Are you trained well enough to respond in a way to stop them from hurting people? There are so many unknown variables that it is impossible to speculate what might or might not happen. Good stuff to think about for sure.

Maybe Denny's would rather give the perps the money than have some superhero starting a gunfight.

I don't know, have you ever heard of insurance???? Who let the sheep in here?

I would imagine that the corporate security policy is going to err on the side of being as passive as possible. They do not want to "advocate" CWP on their premises because they are fearful of litigation should something actually happen. If you think about it, the sign is sort of silly. All it does is tell customers that guns are not allowed. Once an idiot introduces a weapon to the environment and breaks the law then someone will feel the need to sue whether they were directly or indirectly affected by the experience.

IMHO, it's better to be a superhero starting a gunfight, then a dead victim:

Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

At what point do you start shooting, nogods? If you wait until the criminals brandishing the guns fire the first shot, it may be too late to prevent someone from getting killed.

Really? More worried about property damage than potentially saving someone's life?!?

The Denny's near me does not have any sign except the standard Texas one which allows CC. My policy would be notify Denny's and request a letter of their policy while explaning my policy is if I cannot defend myself I will not be spending any money with your firm.

None of the local reports even mention the BG's not following the law can you believe that. PS: Texas law requires a very specific sign in english and spanish, if not no problem.

I don't know about anyone else that carries, but I didn't get a CHL to stop some resturant I may happen to be in from being robbed, unless they plan on robbing or harming myself or my family. I'm not an LEO and I'm not being paid by anyone to be a security guard. If you have an CHL you seriously need to think about what you would do if you were ever put in that position, before you're in it. I know what I'll do and what I won't do. I think everyone should!

Exactly. I didn't jump through the hoops to get my license to carry and spend my money on training and firearms to protect businesses or other people who don't see the need to do the same as I did. In many cases these are also the same antis who mock us. In a situation like this I'll be a good witness unless my life or the life of someone in my family is in danger. Questions to ask:

Am I willing to die to protect a total stranger?
Am I willing to risk serious injury and possibly sit in a wheel chair for the rest of my life to protect a total stranger?
Am I willing to go to jail to protect a total stranger?
Am I willing to risk losing everything I own in a civil suit to protect a total stranger?

My answer to all of the above is NO.......

Exactly. I didn't jump through the hoops to get my license to carry and spend my money on training and firearms to protect businesses or other people who don't see the need to do the same as I did. In many cases these are also the same antis who mock us. In a situation like this I'll be a good witness unless my life or the life of someone in my family is in danger. Questions to ask:

Am I willing to die to protect a total stranger?
Am I willing to risk serious injury and possibly sit in a wheel chair for the rest of my life to protect a total stranger?
Am I willing to go to jail to protect a total stranger?
Am I willing to risk losing everything I own in a civil suit to protect a total stranger?

My answer to all of the above is NO.......

In the Denny's situation, would not an important question to ask yourself be:

At what point are the criminals going to use those guns they are carrying to harm me or my family? Whose to say the criminals were not going to do this:

IHOP Shooting: Third National Guardsman Dies - ABC News

Taking the time to ask yourself questions about property damage and civil lawsuits or waiting until the criminal fires the first shot may cost you your life. Then I guess it doesn't matter who sues you.

As for protecting a total stranger: What if it was your daughter who needed protecting by a perfect stranger? Would you congratulate the armed customer who allowed your daughter to be harmed by criminals in a robbery because they stood by and were a good witness and did nothing to prevent it?

We can't predict a criminal's actions. I think the most important part of this scenario is that the criminals visibly had the means readily available to kill people. It takes one second for that scenario to go from an armed robbery to a mass shooting. And it may only take making eye contact with a potential witness to push the criminal over the edge.

In the Denny's situation, would not an important question to ask yourself be:

At what point are the criminals going to use those guns they are carrying to harm me or my family? Whose to say the criminals were not going to do this:

IHOP Shooting: Third National Guardsman Dies - ABC News

Taking the time to ask yourself questions about property damage and civil lawsuits or waiting until the criminal fires the first shot may cost you your life. Then I guess it doesn't matter who sues you.

As for protecting a total stranger: What if it was your daughter who needed protecting by a perfect stranger? Would you congratulate the armed customer who allowed your daughter to be harmed by criminals in a robbery because they stood by and were a good witness and did nothing to prevent it?

We can't predict a criminal's actions. I think the most important part of this scenario is that the criminals visibly had the means readily available to kill people. It takes one second for that scenario to go from an armed robbery to a mass shooting. And it may only take making eye contact with a potential witness to push the criminal over the edge.

Liklihood of me getting jammed up hard criminally and civilly if I shoot someone coming to the aid of a stranger in Massachusetts: 100%

Liklihood of a stranger intervening to help a family member of mine: .000000000001%

Karma has 0 bearing here and I'll play the percentages all day long.

We can go back and forth until the end of time regarding if and when a BG would shoot and move from an armed robbery to a mass shooting. It's all case by case. More often than not they want to get the money and run.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back