Denied!!!!!

PonchoPete

Recently I went to purchase a rifle from a gun dealer. When the dealer got of the phone I was told that I was denied. Prior to this I had mailed my renewal for my PA CC permit, and it too was denied.
Now, heres the kicker. Over the past 10 years at least, the only thing I got was a traffic violation 2 years ago. Also, over the past 10 years I have purchesed 7 hand guns and 3 rifles and a shot gun. In addition, both my FOID and Fla.CC permit have been renewed within the past 2-3 years. I was given from the dealer what is called a DoJ "VAL" form. with a finger print card. In the instructions is states that I provide a reason to cause a "Dened" response. But I haven't done anything that violates any of the questions on the ATF 4473 form.
Is there anybody who can help with some insight or suggestion I can do to get this crap straightened out in my favor?

Thanks for any assistence possible.

PonchoPete

Recently I went to purchase a rifle from a gun dealer. When the dealer got of the phone I was told that I was denied. Prior to this I had mailed my renewal for my PA CC permit, and it too was denied.
Now, heres the kicker. Over the past 10 years at least, the only thing I got was a traffic violation 2 years ago. Also, over the past 10 years I have purchesed 7 hand guns and 3 rifles and a shot gun. In addition, both my FOID and Fla.CC permit have been renewed within the past 2-3 years. I was given from the dealer what is called a DoJ "VAL" form. with a finger print card. In the instructions is states that I provide a reason to cause a "Dened" response. But I haven't done anything that violates any of the questions on the ATF 4473 form.
Is there anybody who can help with some insight or suggestion I can do to get this crap straightened out in my favor?

Thanks for any assistence possible.

PonchoPete

Don't know, how you will make out but you wtll have to get in touch with what ever state office that handles the backround cks, and ask whats the problem, unless the traffic violation was serious, going threw the dealer, e-mail, letters, or whatever generaly gets you nowhere, you may have to get a lawyer, because once you get a blackball put on you for whatever reason, its a ***** to get out from under it

Sounds to me like either a case of mistaken identity or identity theft. You need to follow up on that ASAP. I would start at the bank and ask them to run a credit check then the police for a background check. Something is not right if what you say is true.

I dealt with a similar problem when i was 20 years old. Bought an AK And was denied on a savage rifle two days later. My problem was mistaken identity so now i use my social in all forms to avoid that misunderstanding again. I live in NH and it took the ATF over nine months just to tell me that an error was made and that i was all set. Good luck with everything.

It sounds as if someone has a similar name as you and the NICS or PICS system isn't taking a chance.

Do you have a somewhat common name?

If so, there is a process to get some sort of ID # or something or other that gets you streamlined in the NICS system. I'm sorry, I've forgotten what it is called, but I'm sure someone else on this forum will get you the name of this service.

If this is not the case, here is the NICS appeal website: FBI ? Appeals Home

and the PICS appeal website: Link Removed

You have no more than 30 days to appeal in PA so make sure you do this quickly if you think you are in the clear.

Sorry you are going through a hassle to exercise your Constitutional right turned into a privilege.

EDIT: The special ID, that I referred to as djkivley pointed out is called a UPIN. It's a unique identification number so when you go to purchase a firearm, the FFL gives that number and you, and only you are attached to it for the NICS folks. This way, if your name is somewhat common and you (like so many others) do not want to give your social security number, there won't be any mistaken identification. I have a friend, Brian Davis, that does this. It lets him sail through any sale.

Last edited:
I know in NH you can apply for a UPIN number which is basically another way to be identified while purchasing firearms. Hope this helps you out.

Show me in the constitution where my name has anything to do with purchase, owning or carrying arms, you can bet the British had the common name George Washington, Thomas Payne and other signers of the Declaration of Independence on a watch list. God Bless America.

Show me in the constitution where my name has anything to do with purchase, owning or carrying arms, you can bet the British had the common name George Washington, Thomas Payne and other signers of the Declaration of Independence on a watch list. God Bless America.

Your absolutely correct... unfortunately these are the games played by our government officials. It sucks, it needs to stop, and we need more patriots who are willing to fight against these egregious practices against our rights.

For some reason when i do fly (Which is rarely). I have to pick up my tickets IN PERSON and show an ID. My wife can do all this online. I was told it is just my name. I can imagine there are at least 10 Million with same name as I. My first gun purchase took two weeks to clear NICS check and my TX CHL took about 40-45 days to clear. I have a feeling this is not a personal thing the government has about you. It is just typical Gov incompetence on how their jobs are done.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back