Delaware Drops Reciprocity with Virginia

SR9

I understand that Delaware Attorney General "Beau" Biden dropped CCDW reciprocity with Virginia earlier this month (Dec.). I heard it was because Virginia accepts, as a condition to issue a VA. CCDW, that an applicant only take a 1 hour Internet course to qualify for a CCDW. I see that Virginia still accepts the Delaware CCDW there.

1 hour? I thought that almost everybody knew to take a 5 hour course so that when laws change you aren't out any money.

I thought that delaware requires a 10 hour NRA approved course and 100 round min. fired on range, for DECCW.

21 days (Dec. 7th)and Delaware's Attorney General Beau Biden is dropping Virginia off the list of states Delaware will accept CC permits from. Virginia will still accept Delaware's though. Glad I have my PA. permit also. I'm still covered.

VA will accept a lot of different things, like a Hunter's Safety card from another state, or any NRA safety course, as well as an online course.

I have a Delaware CCW and a PA. non-resident CCW permit, so I'm covered either way. When I go to Wisconsin I only have to worry about MD. and Ill. But, I'm covered by federal firearms transport laws. Agood idea when traveling is to have a copy of the Federal Laws with you, I do.

I have a Delaware CCW and a PA. non-resident CCW permit, so I'm covered either way. When I go to Wisconsin I only have to worry about MD. and Ill. But, I'm covered by federal firearms transport laws. Agood idea when traveling is to have a copy of the Federal Laws with you, I do.

Under IL's new law you can have a loaded firearm in your vehicle as long as you have a carry permit from any state.

mrjam2jab,
Have you got and reference documentation saying that? I was told by someone else they only recgonized certain states that have "similiar laws".

I did find this on Illinois discussion page:

Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:

Unloaded, and
Enclosed in a case, and
Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

HB0183enr 98TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY Page 17 Line 24

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:

(1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law;

(2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence; and

(3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.

If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.

and 65 (b)

(b) Notwithstanding subsections (a), (a-5), and (a-10) of this Section except under paragraph (22) or (23) of subsection (a), any licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the parking area of a prohibited location specified in subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section shall be permitted to carry a concealed firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the parking area and may store a firearm or ammunition concealed in a case within a locked vehicle or locked container out of plain view within the vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed firearm in the immediate area surrounding his or her vehicle within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited purpose of storing or retrieving a firearm within the vehicle's trunk, provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. For purposes of this subsection, "case" includes a glove compartment or console that completely encloses the concealed firearm or ammunition, the trunk of the vehicle, or a firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back