definition of open carry

glock36

If I were to carry my sidearm in a IWB holster such as the crossbreed and have my shirt tucked in behind the leather body of said holster, leaving the pistol grip and portion of slide exposed, would this be considered OC?

If I were to carry my sidearm in a IWB holster such as the crossbreed and have my shirt tucked in behind the leather body of said holster, leaving the pistol grip and portion of slide exposed, would this be considered OC?

I can't speak of all states but NY, CT, MA and probably a bunch others would consider that Brandishing since those states don't allow OC. In Virginia, the carrying of your pistol while exposing the butt is called the "VA Tuck", which many people do while OCing in a establishment that serves alcohol, which is required by law.

note: I've read that CT does allow OC, but is you try a "VA Tuck" in Bridgeport or New Haven, you will probably get arrested and the loss of your CCW will follow.

I thank you all for the info, I have been cc'n for a few years and the topic never come untill the other day.
And needless to say I did not know the answer. Thanks once again

Arizona = ANY portion of the gun OR holster showing is open carry, and IS allowed.

Only as long as it's a belt holster. Based on that, the "partially visible" requirement probably wouldn't work with a thigh rig, a shoulder rig, or an ankle rig (not that anyone would OC with an ankle rig, though) unless you have a CCW.

Here in WI, the gun has to be 100% visible. No VA tuck allowed. That's just a small regulation compared to what we have to deal with...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back