Defensive round for Glock 26

gkeil961

Just wanted to get opinions on defensive load for Glock 26 Gen 4. I currently use Hornady Critical Defense, but looking into other suggestions, or is the Hornady a good round for carry weapon.

I asked a LEO, that is also my friend, and he said the PD issues Winchestor Ranger 127g +p+, but in his off duty he carries Hornady Critical Defense.

Thanks for the opinions, always appreciated !

Shot placement will trump not only the round used, but the caliber as well. These discussions will go on and on and yet, and this is only my opinion please, the most important consideration is shot placement.

I used to get tangled up in these caliber/bullet ongoing and everlasting/everpresent discussions until I did a bunch of look'n around at "number of shots fired to stop attack per caliber" and other research projects and decided that, in my own opinion, the number one issue is NOT caliber or bullet style (from .380 to .45) but shot placement. I happen to have settled on silver tip 155gr HP's myself. (on sale, cheap and rated well in "actual usage" stats I found here and there)

Anyway, thank you for your attention and now please continue on with bullet recommendations...

Federal Personal Defense 125gr JHP. Shot tons of it. It has flawlessly fed and functioned. I'm very used to it. Bullet placement even during instinct shooting is good even with the small G26. Can't see a reason to change.

I like the Winchester Supreme Elite 124gr +P but the 147gr is also a good choice. It is bonded & does not separate like the Win. Ranger which is also a good choice that I have used in the past.

I use Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P for my Gen4 G26. Check out Link Removed. The report is called "Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo". Good info for many different calibers.

gkeil961:230635 said:
Just wanted to get opinions on defensive load for Glock 26 Gen 4. I currently use Hornady Critical Defense, but looking into other suggestions, or is the Hornady a good round for carry weapon.

I asked a LEO, that is also my friend, and he said the PD issues Winchestor Ranger 127g +p+, but in his off duty he carries Hornady Critical Defense.

Thanks for the opinions, always appreciated !
I have a Glock 27 and and I also use Hornady Critical Defense Defense. Also, I just got a box Speer Gold Dot 124. Going to the range to see how it work!

I'm using Speer Gold Dots (124gr +p), largely because I chose them years ago and stocked up. Once they're gone, I'll start over, but for now, I'm pretty happy with them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back