defence of persons and property

tec380

Im a ccw holder for about 8years.in november a man came to my front door with a crowbar then a few days later retured out in the street in front of my house with a knife.i thought this is his last day but the situation calmed.we called sheriff imediantly.he is now in county jail has his disposition the 19th he has made threats from jail that when he gets out he is going to burn my house down.trust me I will do what I gotta do to prevent harm to family.the guy isnt rite in the head and is well known to authorities and has a lengthy history just wanted a little input from u all.thank you....

You said it.....

Im a ccw holder for about 8years.in november a man came to my front door with a crowbar then a few days later retured out in the street in front of my house with a knife.i thought this is his last day but the situation calmed.we called sheriff imediantly.he is now in county jail has his disposition the 19th he has made threats from jail that when he gets out he is going to burn my house down.trust me I will do what I gotta do to prevent harm to family.the guy isnt rite in the head and is well known to authorities and has a lengthy history just wanted a little input from u all.thank you....

you said it best yourself.......you will do what you gotta do to protect your family. I hope upon hope that I am never faced with a situation in which I need to use deadly force to protect my family. That being said...I will never attempt to wrestle a man or take any other course of physical action, I will immediately go with the game winner: my firearm. Law enforcement cannot always be there we when need them, which is why it is important that every able, law abiding citizen is armed and trained, to some extent, with a firearm. In whatever happens, I hope the law can handle it, if not, I hope you can.

In the other thread you started about this, and in my response, i forgot to ask what might have triggered this guy's problem. Anything you'd care to add about that?

Tuts40 what started it was he has a property near mine with a tractor trailer on it and someone stole the radiator I guess since we r the closest neighbers we get the blame.and I have no record whats so ever.i think one crack head ripped another crack head off.

A friend was in a very similiar situation. He had a rather "rough shod" buddy of his to explain in very clear terms what would happen to him should he fulfill the threats. The scum bucket took the warning to heart and quietened his noisy threatening rhetoric. I have no doubt that had he continued then the hospital would have had a new patient.Some people only understand force. Anything less is deemed as fear and weakness.

Don't know about Missouri but in Florida the first thing I'd do is get a restraining order put on him with a 500 foot no trespass requirement. When you apply for the order make sure you include the fact that he made death threats to you and endangerment to your entire family (burning down the house). With that on record and in the trial records when he crosses onto your property, the castle doctrine comes into effect (at least here in Florida) With all the background on this guy in court documents, "I feared for my life!" will carry a lot of weight in your defense.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back