Decisions Decisions

Hey guys.

This might have come up in another thread somewhere, and if it has I apologize for being repetitive.

I am going to be purchasing a hand gun in the next few weeks and just wanted to see what your thoughts were about some of the ones I was thinking about, and if you had any other suggestions.

I only have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts (which is stupid but anyways) so I am limited to what I can own. I was thinking about either the Sig P220 (my first choice as of now) or the Sig P239 in 9mm.

I have also checked into a few Para's that I can own and I am also able to purchase most compacts. I am not to sure about compacts for I am a large guy with large hands. What do you guys think about the Sig P220? Do you guys have any other recommendations? Any information you have will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Capo

Any Sig is a good gun. I have an older 225 and it is a great firearm. Like you said what you carry will have a lot to do with what feels good to you. If the 239 works for you then it would be better for carry just because it is smaller and more easy to conceal. I have heard good things about the Para's especially the double actions but have never tried one

I'm with HK. Sigs and Para are both really nice guns. I also own a P225 that's a great shooter. The biggest thing I look at is how it feels in my hand. If you're going to carry also it I'd pick which ever compact fit my hand the best.

Any Sig is a good gun. I have an older 225 and it is a great firearm. Like you said what you carry will have a lot to do with what feels good to you. If the 239 works for you then it would be better for carry just because it is smaller and more easy to conceal. I have heard good things about the Para's especially the double actions but have never tried one

I'll have to disagree. The Sig "Mosquito" is a POS. It's very finicky on ammo, and the type of ammo often varies for each individual pistol. MOST Sigs' are "good". Stay clear of the Mosquito.

gf

I'll have to disagree. The Sig "Mosquito" is a POS. It's very finicky on ammo, and the type of ammo often varies for each individual pistol. MOST Sigs' are "good". Stay clear of the Mosquito.

gf

Actually, you're the first person I've heard who had any complaints about the SIG Mosquito. Next to the Walther P22, most would agree that the SIG Mosquito is the best .22 lr on the market. Maybe your experience is an isolated one.

Actually, you're the first person I've heard who had any complaints about the SIG Mosquito. Next to the Walther P22, most would agree that the SIG Mosquito is the best .22 lr on the market. Maybe your experience is an isolated one.

Or maybe they send all of the junk ones to Hawaii. We have 2 on the shooting range, both act up. Three friends have 'um, all three function flawlessly using specific ammo. One buddy has one that he bought while stationed in GA. His is the only one that fires various .22lr high velocity ammo without a problem.

gf

I am leaning toward the Sig p220. I am just waiting for my license to come in (been 4 weeks).

Tatted - I will be moving hopefully within the year or so. At the very latest a few years down the road. I do have my sights set on NH (not just for their gun rights either).

Hows the recoil on a .45? Never shot one, nor will I have the oppurtunity to until I buy it. I am just wondering.

I find that my 220 is a little big for carry. I'm 6' 3'', 180# and it prints rather badly. It fits my hand nicely but it's hard to conceal the large grip. My EDC is a G19 which has a stout grip but not as long. It's a compromise of what feels good in your hand and what you can effectively conceal.

I am leaning toward the Sig p220. I am just waiting for my license to come in (been 4 weeks).

Tatted - I will be moving hopefully within the year or so. At the very latest a few years down the road. I do have my sights set on NH (not just for their gun rights either).

Hows the recoil on a .45? Never shot one, nor will I have the oppurtunity to until I buy it. I am just wondering.

I promise you won't regret it, either. As for the recoil on a .45, that depends on several factors, such as barrel length, and whether or not the gun is compensated. However, as long as you don't limp wrist the gun, it'll be manageable.

I find that my 220 is a little big for carry. I'm 6' 3'', 180# and it prints rather badly. It fits my hand nicely but it's hard to conceal the large grip. My EDC is a G19 which has a stout grip but not as long. It's a compromise of what feels good in your hand and what you can effectively conceal.

I am 5'10" 155 and conceal either a full size .45 EAA Witness or full size .40 Baby Desert Eagle. I mostly use a smart carry since I got mine. it's never seen and no printing. used to carry them in an IWB holster at about 5 to 6 o'clock and never had a problem that way either.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back