Dealing with a Family Member

DLeeHarley

I want to ask you all a question but first a little background. If you look up the word "Dysfunctional" you'll see a picture of my family. Ok? I've lost 3 brothers so far and have 2 older brothers and 1 older sister left. My oldest brother and I disagree a lot on Politics and such. I posted a picture on Facebook showing my friends and family my new S&W M&P .40FS and stated "My new partner for CC."
He answered "Add long as you don't need 5,000 rounds of ammo to feel secure, guns are good for security."
My response to him was "I'm still the same person whether I have 1 round or 5 million rounds. People don't have to fear me, unless they try and hurt me or one of my loved ones! I just don't want or need someone else or the Gov't. (Palosi, Feinstein etc.) trying to tell me what is ENOUGH for me. Please just let me decide.)
Now I don't want to "lose" another brother, so how would you people have stated this differently? Thanks for your input. Later & Peace

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

I wouldn't have been offended by his comment. My brother is always pulling my chain about my guns. 5000 is prob just a number that popped into his mind but it doesn't seem like an excessive number to me ;-).

The problem here sounds like you broke rule number one and went on facebook, then you broke rule #2 and posted on facebook. Ban facebook!!!!

You expressed your opinion, and he his. Now let it go and get on with life. (Of course the reply I would have made might have been, It's not that I have too much Ammo, I just don't have enough guns...)

I would just say that we have to agree to disagree. At this point in time, there is no sense in arguing with people that are stead fast in what they believe. Purchase as many rounds of ammo that you can afford or that working extra over time gets you.

I thought it was a great response, and hope you don't mind if I use it, too. I may stop after the period following Gov't That way, it sounds just a hair less rebellious (most of my friends and relatives already know that's how anti-gun control/anti-"take away my freedom" I feel).

• I am almost 100% sure if you go on facebook you will get
• AIDS
• Genital Warts
• Gonorhea
• Syphylis
• Herpes
• Chlamydia
• Pubic Lice or Crabs
• Vaginitis
• Hepatitis just my .02

Like I always say, "you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives."

There should be a through background check and mental evaluation on all potential in-laws prior to any marriage proposal is uttered.

Why do husband tend to die before their wives? Because they want to. And I think in-laws are a good part of that decision.

Don't get me started.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well my brother answered my post. He stated "I stand by what you say. It is the mentality of the knuckleheads that scares me of "over buying arms“ to defend themselves. By the way nice piece of writing.“
I replied "I agree with you ***** that the "Mental Cases “ need to be weeded out, and they need to be given the care & treatment said disability demands. Not fall through the loopholes of Gov't & Insurance Companies and left to fend for themselves. By the way what's "over buying"? and who defines what it is? I sure hope it's not Nancy & or Diane! LOL “

He hasn't answered back. So I guess I'll take your advice and just let it drop. Thanks for listening folks. It's much cheaper than a Shrink I guess. Later & Peace

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

Just tell him you stop counting at 4999

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Stick to your guns so to speak. He will still love you as a brother but may not respect you. You have your life to live as you like and he has his.

I posted a picture on Facebook showing my friends and family my new S&W M&P .40FS and stated "My new partner for CC."
!

You also showed 'Big Brutha Gubbament' and some 'Potential Thieves' your newest firearm acquisition.
Not very wise imo.

Now anyone who can see your Facebook post knows that you probably have other firearms inside your residence.
It never pays to advertise such things imvho.

You also showed 'Big Brutha Gubbament' and some 'Potential Thieves' your newest firearm acquisition.
Not very wise imo.

Now anyone who can see your Facebook post knows that you probably have other firearms inside your residence.
It never pays to advertise such things imvho.

Sir a very good point I must say. We all make mistakes, just look around. LOL. But I do and try to learn from mine. I'm not too worried about thieves with my security and safes. I do respect the chance of home invasions & such so I'll take this one to mind and try and never make this one again. Thanks, Later & Peace,

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

Sir a very good point I must say. We all make mistakes, just look around. LOL. But I do and try to learn from mine. I'm not too worried about thieves with my security and safes. I do respect the chance of home invasions & such so I'll take this one to mind and try and never make this one again. Thanks, Later & Peace,

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

I agree with Outlaw. You should look at your security settings on Facebook. So that pictures and conversation about your guns and ammo aren't visible to "friends of friends". It could get out to a bunch of people that way. I had to take a hard look at my security on Facebook recently myself. I had to make a custom list to keep my "visibility" down. Because 1 person makes a post to your thread then their "friends of friends" can see it.:eek:
Next thing you know you might as well have put it on a billboard.:sarcastic:

And how much ammo and how many guns you have is your personal feelings.
Link RemovedLink Removed

This would be a good start! But that's just my opinion!:haha:

My brother took another shot at my 2nd Amendment position today after I had said to another something about our rights. He stated "It's not gun ownership that needs to be changed, it's the Automatic weapons and Ammo laws that need to be changed. Everytime gun control comes up it is the same argument and the 2nd Amendment takes precedent. Outlaw Automatic weapons of Mass Destruction that kill. NOT Hunt!"

My answer to him was as follows
1st) When was the last time you heard of a killing with an Automatic weapon? It's been a longtime for me. Most of the shootings of late have been Semi-Automatic guns.
2nd) Please describe what you mean by Weapons of Mass Destruction. You are correct in that weapons were and are designed to kill. 3rd) Where in the 2nd Amendment do you find the words Hunt or Hunting? You don't and won't. Here's what I believe it was about "When Governments fear the people, There is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort to protect themselves against Tyranny in Government" Now of you don't think this can happen, just flip open a History book. It ALL starts with registration of weapons, then the tightening of the laws. I will agree that there are things that can and should be done
in this field, but disarming a Legal Citizen from Legally owning and possessing arms is NOT one of them in my opinion. Could I have done better? or said something different? Later,

Dennis in Idaho
"Citizenship requires three boxes: “the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.” Fredrick Douglas

Well, you could tell him, if a person could afford a full automatic why would they be killing people or robbing banks? They would have to be doing pretty well to save up that kind of money. If done legally. Their about 10 grand to start. At least the one I looked at.
Even though I do remember the Polish (?) guys in California did have full auto, about 12~15 years ago. But still most owners of full auto's are pretty well off. More people killed with kitchen knives and baseball bats.

Anyway it's not about hunting, it's about protection from tyranny.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back