Deadline for permit at courthouse

cowgrllost

I don't know if this varies from county to county, but I live in Allegheny County. I sent my application to Harrisburg and I have received my card to take to the courthouse so I can get my permit. The problem is that I just started a new job and the deadline is the 26th. I wont get down there by then. Does anyone know if I can get an extension or if I should just apply again? I don't care if I have to re-apply, I just want to know the correct way to do this.

I just went to the Sheriffs sub-office in Hazleton. Ten Minutes, an online/phone check, and a personal check for the fee, Photograph and out the door.

I would just call and tell them your situation, if I recall in Delaware County, when you receive the letter in the mail, your permit is ready for pickup. Just sign for it and go. I am assuming they took your photo, application and check on your first visit. Just call them, I don't think it will be a big deal, your permit is ready and just needs to be picked up.

Bpmoffit, yeah, for some dumb reason that seems to be the way it is in most of the counties in PA, but Allegheny likes to make lift extra difficult! We have to mail in an application and wait 45 days. Then you receive a paper in the mail that you have 30 days from the date stamped on it to go to the courthouse in the city, where you then pay your money and get your picture taken. I decided that I am not starting over again and I am taking Monday off to take care of this.

It used to be that you could just show up in person to the Allegheny Sheriff's Office and they would do your background check right there and you'd walk out with your LTCF. However, with the inception of the newest Sheriff (Mullen), he lowered the fee to $20 (from $25), and you have to send your application in (either mail or e-mail) and when you get your notice in the mail, you go into the Sheriff's office and get your picture taken and receive your LTCF.

If I were you, cowgrllost, I would contact the Sheriff's office and let them know your situation. They may or may not be able do this. Since this is a change in the way things used to be in Allegheny county it could go either way. Let us know what you found out so we can all benefit from your experience.

Bpmoffit, yeah, for some dumb reason that seems to be the way it is in most of the counties in PA, but Allegheny likes to make lift extra difficult! We have to mail in an application and wait 45 days. Then you receive a paper in the mail that you have 30 days from the date stamped on it to go to the courthouse in the city, where you then pay your money and get your picture taken. I decided that I am not starting over again and I am taking Monday off to take care of this.

Been almost a month...how'd it go?

It used to be that you could just show up in person to the Allegheny Sheriff's Office and they would do your background check right there and you'd walk out with your LTCF. However, with the inception of the newest Sheriff (Mullen), he lowered the fee to $20 (from $25), and you have to send your application in (either mail or e-mail) and when you get your notice in the mail, you go into the Sheriff's office and get your picture taken and receive your LTCF.

He didn't lower the fee..the State did. Just sayin. :yes4:

That was a wise decision. They only have one or two deputies to take care of the thousands of permit apps so if time is of the essence then one must act accordingly and since so many have been applying they increased the wait time from 30 to 45 days before they must issue your permit. I also live in Allegheny county but I was able to do my app online albeit I was renewing. I am curious why you sent your app to Harrisburg and not just paid a visit to the county sheriff? Btw, welcome to USA Carry.

For anyone that is curious about applying in AGC: http://sheriffalleghenycounty.com/firearms.html

I assume if ya made it there a few days before the deadline then ya had no problems and a shiny new LTCF picture card is in yer purse?

I just showed up at the Sheriff's Office in the Lackawanna County Courthouse (Scranton), filled out the application, showed my current PA driver's license, had my pic taken, paid the $20 and was out in about 30 minutes The only reason it took so long was that there was someone ahead of me renewing their license.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back