DC Carry Permits

csramirez

NRA Certified Instructor
OK, So I want a DC carry permit (I live in PA and have PA and FL permits).

After today's Supreme Court decision, I looked at DC law, turns out that non-residents can too get carry permits. I am curious to see how to do this and will look into it. Stay tuned.

OK, So I want a DC carry permit (I live in PA and have PA and FL permits).

After today's Supreme Court decision, I looked at DC law, turns out that non-residents can too get carry permits. I am curious to see how to do this and will look into it. Stay tuned.

So many work but don't libe there, would be interesting to know how many out or ..."stste" permits will be sold in the first 6-12 months... and what the cost proceedure will be.

hey if its good enough for our capitol, it should be recognised Nation wide ...right?

I know that D.C. does have a law on the books providing for the issuance of permits to carry (not just to own) but you would be better off just not wasting your money, which you probably wouldn't get back after your denial anyway. Just save your money and first work on making D.C. less gun unfriendly.

hey if its good enough for our capitol, it should be recognised Nation wide ...right?

Uhm.....how bout "NOOooo" ya crazy Dutch bastard! Have you ever been to D.C. and if it's was good enough for them we'd all be in the same boat, right?

I have heard that the cost is going to be incredulous. That should be outlawed. Expensive, extensive requirements to attain CCPs make it inaccessible to much of the population, which certainly infringes on our right to keep and bear arms. I don't honestly see a way they can charge anything and remain within the constitution.

Do I have to pay for my right to free speech in each state, whilst some states don't accept my PA free speech permit?

I have heard that the cost is going to be incredulous. That should be outlawed. Expensive, extensive requirements to attain CCPs make it inaccessible to much of the population, which certainly infringes on our right to keep and bear arms. I don't honestly see a way they can charge anything and remain within the constitution.

Do I have to pay for my right to free speech in each state, whilst some states don't accept my PA free speech permit?

No, no need to pay for your right of free speech. Only for your right to keep and bear arms. I think it's a well known fact that although the law providing for the issuance of handgun carry permits does exist, it would not surprise me at all if, with all these draconian restrictions in place, that there aren't any that have ever been issued. Yet another in a laundry list of laws that makes D.C.'s gun laws the worst in America.

I put this up about a year ago and was told by Gura and Co. to wait until after the SCOTUS decision. Now that it's up and Dick Heller is going back to court, we could/should apply as a group. It's $35 bucks for the app and if we could get some of the more activist members to come and bring cameras/video/media contacts. Ideally we should have Police Officers, Lawyers, and a good cross-section of the general public as DC has told me on the phone that they will only approve them 'if you are an active or retired police officer'. We need to challenge the capriciousness Obersturmbannmudder Katherine Lenier's 'only one's' approval process.

Keep in mind that the ban on semi-auto's is still in effect in the District until Heller beats them senseless.

Last edited:
Just keep in mind one thing--should they deny you for any reason, in the future, any carry permit application that asks "have you been denied a carry permit in this or another state?" you'll have to answer yes.

It may not result in you being denied another, but it could turn into a hassle.

Answering "no" if you were denied could get you in some legal trouble.

If it's really expensive or difficult to get a gun permit, then the criminals either won't be able to afford the permit or won't want to go through the expense or take the time to get one; This disarms the criminals, duh.

Just keep in mind one thing--should they deny you for any reason, in the future, any carry permit application that asks "have you been denied a carry permit in this or another state?" you'll have to answer yes.

It may not result in you being denied another, but it could turn into a hassle.

Answering "no" if you were denied could get you in some legal trouble.

But D.C. isn't a state.

When Lanier is off duty she enjoys the right to protect her sorry ass and her families sorry ass because she is allowed to carry her firearm. You on the other hand must hang around Lanier and her family if you want to survive a visit to the nations capital.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back