Dayton daily News: Law enforcement officials worry about pending legislation.

rt48

LEO want to keep the notification requirement, even though they would be hard pressed to show how not having notification has caused any problems in other states.

In Ohio, where the legislature in recent years has eased restrictions on concealed-carry, even over the objections of some law enforcement groups, a battle is being waged over just where to draw the line.

Five bills currently pending in the Ohio General Assembly would allow permit holders to carry their weapons in state-owned parking garages — such as below the Ohio Statehouse — loosen permit renewal requirements, eliminate required gun safety training and background checks and automatically expand the system for recognizing CCW permits issued by other states.

Link Removed

I'm CCW, and I don't want to see Ohio eliminate the required gun safety training and background checks! Safety is the most important thing when it comes to firearms? And if they eliminate background checks; what will distinguish the law-abiding citizen, from the career criminal? I'm not for any of this! I can't believe this legislature is even being heard?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back