Dan Wesson .357 is done

KimberPB

Ok I finished up the grip tonight so I think it is all done. I wish I could have hot blued it but I think it turned out nice. I think my buddy will be happy.

Before:

HPIM0285.jpg

HPIM0290.jpg

Now:

HPIM0313.jpg

HPIM0314.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

HPIM0310.jpg

Outstanding

That looks sooo nice. He should be very happy with that. Let me know what he thinks of it.

Thanks for the pix. Dan Wesson would be proud of the results of your efforts. And Richard Lee would be happy you chose his Modern Reloading 2nd Edition for the prop/backdrop! Ya gonna fire that thing?

Thanks a lot guys. I took it out in the sun this morning before I went to work and saw one or two areas I'm going to touch up tonight.

Doc that's a great idea. I've really been wanting to start my own business just have not been able to decide what to start. I enjoy working on guns and have been thinking of picking up the stuff to do hot bluing. Maybe I'll get it and start there. Hmmm.....

I may have to take it to the range and make sure it functions correctly before I return it to him. Probably not a bad idea considering I had it completely apart.

Looking good KimberPB! You did as nice job on refinishing it. The Grips turned out fantastic. I know he will like it.

Looking good KimberPB! You did as nice job on refinishing it. The Grips turned out fantastic. I know he will like it.

Thanks Red Hat. I'm really happy with the grip. I'm happy with the cold bluing but it was a little tricky getting it down into all the little crevasses and keeping a nice consistent look over the entire pistol.

I'm going to look into the hot bluing some more. I'd love to try that out. I also looked at some of Caswell's plating kits.

Thanks again for the help.

Great job there. I always like to see older firearms, knives, vehicles restored to "like new" condition.

Very Nice Kimber

Great job I loved the before and after!!! Ya Done Good:icon_cheers:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back