Damaged Taurus 24/7 Pro

artcarney

Hi all.

Hope this isn't normal -- I have a brand new Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in .40 S&W. Been less than 30 days since I purchased it.

My girl friend and I went to the range and put 60 rounds through it today. I put 10 Hornady self-defence rounds through it just to see the difference in feel between them and the Winchester white box FMJ rounds. We put 50 rounds of the Winchester stuff through it.

The Hornady rounds are FMJ hollow points with the nickle coated cases. They are not marked as being + or +P.

Took the gun home and discovered the damage seen in the below photos.

I hope this isn't normal!

The gun is going back to where I bought it tomorrow first thing!

David

Link Removed

THAT is not normal. Take it back to your dealer, but understand that your warranty is through Taurus, not the dealer, so the store may tell you to contact Taurus to have the gun shipped back to them.

24 /7 More like 24 days a month / 7 months a year.

Hi,

I have a question, that some might think as stupid... did you inspect this part of the gun before you fired it?

I have a 24/7 and some slag fell out of it when cleaning for the first time. It might be your missing chunk?

I am sending mine to be repaired for failure to fire, even when striked multiple times, take the cartridge out, turn around put it back it and BANG. This happens with all ammo.

Taurus is a good company and will make it good. it may just need a couple of trips back home. :sarcastic:

Hi,

I have a question, that some might think as stupid... did you inspect this part of the gun before you fired it?

I have a 24/7 and some slag fell out of it when cleaning for the first time. It might be your missing chunk?
I am sending mine to be repaired for failure to fire, even when striked multiple times, take the cartridge out, turn around put it back it and BANG. This happens with all ammo.

Taurus is a good company and will make it good. it may just need a couple of trips back home. :sarcastic:

This is kind of scary! :eek: It reinforces my belief that Taurus makes excellent revolvers but not so great semi-autos.

gf

Well that is to bad, I really like the feel of mine. I just need to send it in too.
It is really frustrating I know.
Hope you have a back-up while in the shop. :crazy_pilot:

This is kind of scary! :eek: It reinforces my belief that Taurus makes excellent revolvers but not so great semi-autos.
gf

I've seen some really crappy Taurus pistols in the past but the LE series pistols and revolvers seemed to be good quality pieces. I guess that might be why they have a lifetime warranty now....:to_pick_ones_nose:

I have 2 Taurus PT145's, one for me, one for the wife. Mine has never missed a beat. I sent hers back for FTF. It took about 3-4 weeks for turn around. Now hers shoots like mine always has.

I have 2 Taurus PT145's, one for me, one for the wife. Mine has never missed a beat. I sent hers back for FTF. It took about 3-4 weeks for turn around. Now hers shoots like mine always has.

No issues with our 2 yet, a PT140 and a 24/7 pro in 40. about 1000 rounds through each with no issues.

maybe its a DS issue?

They do chip a little in this spot. Go over to Taurusarmed.net and look around. Taurus said the part is not stressed and not to worry. Me? I didn't like this answer and ended up selling my 24/7 Pro because of this and a few other reasons. To be fair, it was a good gun and I put about 750 rounds of all kinds of ammo through it and it all went bang and hit where I was aiming.

Taurus

I had a Taurus revolver explode in my hand some years ago. It was a Tracker 357 with a 7 shot cylinder.
I think they use crappy castings. Beware!

Problem Solved

I have 3 Tauruses, a PT-145, a 24/7 Compact 9mm, and a 24/7 OSS 9mm. All 3 suffered from light hits on the primers. I could continue squeezing the trigger until it practically punched a hole through the primer. This was very frustrating. Then I had a brilliant idea. I thought maybe the firing striker was sluggish and not striking the primer with any authority. I decided to flush out the Firing pin and channel with degreaser spray followed by a blast of air followed by silicone spray followed by another blast of air. Several thousand rounds later and still no more misfires. I think the pin had just enough crud around it to cause it to lightly hit the primer and each subsequent hit dented the primer further but still did not hit it hard enough to fire it. I came too the dirty firing pin conclusion after taking cartridges with beat to death primers, putting them in my TZ-75 and having them fire normally like nothing was wrong.

Before you send guns back top Taurus, at least give this a try

I own a pt 140 have about 4k+ rounds through it had to strike a few atlantic arms ammo rounds a few times but they all fired no other ammo gave me this prob. Have owned for 4 years now

Ive owned a pt 140 pro and it felt solid and always went bang. i say thier decent guns for the price, it just sucks that u got one with a problem. remember every gun manufacture has had issues with thier firearms.

For a Taurus, I would say that yes, this is normal. And of course, Taurus denies this as being a problem. I had to get rid of my new PT145 before it even reached 1000 rounds because of their horrible customer service and quality control. I will never buy another Taurus again.

Here is my opinion of Taurus;

I agree with GF that they make an excellent revolver and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one.

Their semi-autos leave a lot to be desired. There is one exception to this rule. Their PT92 Beretta clones. These are excellent pistols and in some cases out perform the Beretta 92's. I owned a Taurus PT92 and I am sorry I ever sold it! If you are going to purchase a Taurus sem-auto, go with their PT92's!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back