D.C. v. Heller: It's not about Guns, It's About Self-Governance, Safer Streets

tracker

By John Longenecker

There is no such thing as a sensible gun law, and gun bans are a fake-out fraud and abuse of power. Unwind Gun Bans and you begin to unwind other abuses so adverse to Family and Liberty.

Buckeye Firearms Assoc.

kwo51

Yes sir this is what I have been saying all along.Self government requires morals and some of our society has rejected them.

HK4U

Exactly. I have been preaching this for a long time. The real reason behind most of those pushing for a ban on firearms is not to reduce crime. They know full well it will not reduce crime. Except for a few uneducated sheeple those behind gun controle are for people controle. Their agenda for us, to be accomplished, requires we be disarmed.

tracker

When you dis-arm the people--they are easy subjects to impose your wishes upon. No tyrant is his right mind would allow his subjects to own firearms, and no "Unarmed People Can Defend Themselves Against a Corrupt Government" ---Hey---Just a thought!!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I was applauding the day the Supreme Court "supposedly" overturned the D.C. gun ban, but after the D.C. city council's recent actions, D.C. is just as inhabitable to law abiding gun owners (if there really is such a thing there) as it was before Heller. It continues to have America's worst gun laws.

Scarecrow

I was applauding the day the Supreme Court "supposedly" overturned the D.C. gun ban, but after the D.C. city council's recent actions, D.C. is just as inhabitable to law abiding gun owners (if there really is such a thing there) as it was before Heller. It continues to have America's worst gun laws.

+1 to that. I was in the car going home from a camping trip the day of the ruling. I checked the news on my phone and the ruling was in and I was cheering in the car. and look what it changed... very very little. I hope the pro rights people there will not stand for this nonsense.

NDS

+1 to that. I was in the car going home from a camping trip the day of the ruling. I checked the news on my phone and the ruling was in and I was cheering in the car. and look what it changed... very very little. I hope the pro rights people there will not stand for this nonsense.

DC will have to be forced to comply with the decision, it seems they can't understand a world in which their view might be wrong. But for us all: SCOTUS ruled that the 2nd Amendment recognized a personal right. That is a huge change in the limits which can be place on government intrusion into our lives. Courts don't pass legislation, they interpret it. It will take years and many court cases before the newly recognized limits are defined and laws rewritten / struck down. We just need to be patient and continue the struggle, there are a number of court cases now entering the courts which will more directly affect our daily lives.

I'm thinking now is a good time to explain the 'new' rights the SCOTUS finally recognized to people and encourage them to buy guns, get a CCW, join pro-gun rights groups, etc. This is a bad time for complacency.

Palmach

People need to remember that history repeats itself.

One of the first sets of laws the Hitler government passed in Germany was "Gun Control", and we all know how that turned out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bretmcphilips