D.C. getting worse

Link Removed

For some reason this abuse of power by the DC Gestapo happened on July 7, 2012, but didn't get any press for more than a year later (as near as I can tell) when Emily Miller wrote about it in October, 2013.

This story was discussed here last Oct. when Ms. Miller's piece was published. Also discussed here. When I saw this thread and read the link, it didn't say when the trial was slated to start, so I went looking for the information. I found an Update from 1/20/14 to Link Removed (policestateusa.com) that was first published back in Oct. '13 that says the following:

UPDATE (1/20/2014) — Charges Adjusted, Trial Advances

The assistant attorney generals attempted to cut a deal with Witaschek if he pleaded guilty to the charges of “attempted possession” of ammunition. This would have forfeited his eligibility for a jury trial, and could have carried a 6-month jail sentence. Witaschek declined the offer.

The prosecution failed to come up with a good defense of the initial police raid performed without a search warrant. Judge Robert Morin threw out the evidence that was obtained warrantlessly, which eliminated a box of rifle ammo from the charges.

The remaining evidence against Witaschek is a misfired 12-gauge shotgun shell and a box of muzzleloader sabots.

Mr. Witaschek’s jury trial is set to begin February 11th. This would be a golden opportunity the jury to use jury nullification against an immensely unreasonable and unjust law. If convicted, he faces a year in jail and a $1,000 fine for having a single, inoperable shotgun shell in his home.

"Since the night my home was invaded and family terrorized by a militarized D.C. police force, I am more afraid of what government is doing than I am of any of the people I encountered when I spent the night in jail,” Witaschek told the Washington Times‘ Emily Miller.

“The 2nd Amendment was meant to guarantee individuals the right to protect themselves against government — as much as against private bad guys and gangs.”

So February 11th is the trial date as of this writing. I wonder if a nullification-savvy jury is even possible from the jury pool within the District, but I suppose we can hope. I'm going to stand by what I said last Oct:

The Heller case was brought to get the Supreme Court to rule as unconstitutional the total gun ban that had been in effect for 30 years in DC at that time (2008). Heller won, and the Court ordered the revamping of the District's archaic gun laws to comport with its ruling. Emily Miller herself, as well as Mr. Witaschek on whom she is reporting in the linked article, are prime examples of the complete impunity with which DC violates the Court's intention in ruling the way it did in Heller.

So the only question that really needs to be answered is, are the members of SCOTUS nothing more than adherents of the establishment government's steady and unstoppable march towards globalist, collectivist tyranny, or are they simply well-meaning, but wholly unimportant, insignificant and ineffective paper tigers, if/when their rulings go against what the establishment deems as "appropriate" laws to keep enforcing in spite of their rulings? There really is no in between. SCOTUS is either as corrupt as the rest of government, or they're a gaggle of useful idiots who know no more about constitutional liberty than the lawmakers they dishonestly give the "official" imprimatur of ruling "against," and Mr. Witaschek may well become one of the faceless martyrs to come out of the dead-and-gone Constitution that SCOTUS participated in lynching.

If DC convicts this man of a felony, he will lose his gun rights forever. And people wonder why some of us advocate for felons to have their rights restored upon paying their debt to society and being released. Advocates for the other side of that coin should stand up and cheer this man's comeuppance for being a felon. Let's hear it law-and-order boys and girls! "Shall not be infringed" means what exactly to this man? Farewell Amerika, it was nice knowin' ya.

Blues

So as of right now, a local district jury will hold more power to protect and enforce the Constitutional rights of Mr. Witaschek than the Supreme Court is willing to exert, as is within their Constitutional authority, and duty.

Man, what a mess we have created in this country!

Blues

Guilty!!!

I am sickened by this travesty. Read it and weep for the death of your country:

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Morinblackrobedtraitorousbastard.png

The black-robed traitorous bastard known as Judge Robert E. Morin, Superior Court of the District of Columbia and Professor of Law at Georgetown University.

In a surprising twist at the end of a long trial
, a District of Columbia judge found Mark Witaschek guilty of “attempted possession of unlawful ammunition” for antique replica muzzleloader bullets. Judge Robert Morin sentenced Mr. Witaschek to time served, a $50 fine and required him to enroll with the Metropolitan Police Department’s firearm offenders’ registry within 48 hours.

In the afternoon on Wednesday, Judge Morin shook the plastic shell and tried to listen to something inside. He said he could not hear any gunpowder. He then asked the lawyers to open the shell to see if there was powder inside.

(This seemed like a bizarre request since the lack of primer — not gunpowder — would be relevant to the interoperability of the misfired shell.)

Assistant Attorney General Peter Saba said that the government wanted to open the shell but that, “It is dangerous to do outside a lab.”

(NOTE: The hysterical laughter you hear in the distance is mine. What ignorant weenies.)

The prosecutors and police officers left the courtroom to try to find a lab that was open in the afternoon to bring the judge to cut the plastic off the section that holds the pellets. When that proved not possible in the same day, the judge decided to just rule on the bullets.

The 25 conical-shaped, .45 caliber bullets, made by Knight out of lead and copper, sat on the judge’s desk. They do not have primer or gunpowder so cannot be propelled. The matching .50 caliber plastic sabots were also in the box.

There was much debate over whether the bullets were legal since D.C. residents are allowed to buy antique replica firearms without registering.

The judge seemed inclined to throw out this charge since he repeatedly asked how the bullets could be illegal if the gun that they go in was not.

During lunch, the government came up with a list from ATF of types of muzzleloader rifles that could be converted to use rimfire ammunition. Not that Mr. Witaschek owned one of these nor was modern ammo at issue in the trial.

Nevertheless Judge Morin said, “I’m persuaded these are bullets. They look like bullets. They are hollow point. They are not musket balls.” He then ruled that Mr. Witaschek had possessed “beyond a reasonable doubt” the metal pieces in D.C.

Link Removed the black-robed traitorous bastard's official bio.

A reader who reported this to me in an email early this morning commented:

It's in. Judge ruled that muzzleloader sabots were bullets and that he had to register as a firearms offender. He did not rule at all on the shotgun shell.

Do you have a smuggling program into DC? Since components are just as illegal as real loaded rounds, I propose sending expended, berdan primed, steel .223 casings to a long list of tyrants in DC.

Might even be able to get these through for the cost of a stamp.

You know, this is an excellent idea. I've always wondered if there was some use for those steel-cased, berdan-primed, scrap-value-less-than-the-cost-of-bending-over-to-pick-them-up Russian marvels. Now there is.

steelcases1unB5fTl.jpg

Possession of one of those empty, useless shell casings can put you in jail in our nation's Capitol, Washington D.C. Does anyone doubt that that city's namesake is spinning in his grave, along with all of his Revolutionary compatriots? What would any of them be doing right now?

Blues

D.C./Annapolis/Baltimore was maggot-infested camel dung when I left the area in '94. I see it has gotten worse.

If it wasn't for the National Mall, and watching the Orioles at Camden Yards, I would have left sooner.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back