CWP Renewal Rumor Control

Red Hat

I need some of our Instructors to chime in on this. I tried to contact SLED but wasn't able to get through to them. I was told that SLED increased the time frame for CWP Renewals from 90 days to 120 days prior to expiration. Is there any truth to this or just wishful thinking? I'm within the 120 day time frame and would like to get a jump on my renewal.

After doing some more checking I see that on the new renewal application it states: 2. (New and Renewal) ‐ Processing time may be 90 days. A renewal should be mailed 90 ‐ 120 days before permit’s expiration. Link Removed

However, on the online renewal site it states it can't be over 90 days. Link Removed

I think it is technically 90 days but they allow extra time to process the mailed in forms. Most renewals I have heard of take about two weeks.

I know we discussed this in the past, but if you read the first page of on line renewals... if you've gotten and paid (which means pled guilty) to a speeding ticket in the last two years, you can't renew on line.... if this so?

Another question on renewals. If your CWP has expired for a year can you renew it rather than having to start over. A friend of mine's mother gave his hers the other day and said here, get this renewed for me. She is in her 60's, carrys her gun and doesn't worry about any permit. :pleasantry:

I just got off the phone with SLED and it's still 90 days prior to expiration if you submit online. Snail Mail is 90 - 120 days. She said nothing has changed. Rumor Busted!

FN1910, you have 60 days to submit a renewal after that you have to take the class and fill out all the paperwork again.

I just got off the phone with SLED and it's still 90 days prior to expiration if you submit online. Snail Mail is 90 - 120 days. She said nothing has changed. Rumor Busted!

FN1910, you have 60 days to submit a renewal after that you have to take the class and fill out all the paperwork again.

Thanks, I saw that you had 60 days to renew online but didn't know if that applied to snail mail too. I suspect that she will say the heck with it and continue like she has done. Who is going to arrest a little old lady for having a gun in her purse? :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back